In a world without guns...the strong and the many can brutally beat the weak and outnumbered...

You've repeatedly made claims that the US compares to a number of other nations. I'm curious, which nations have you identified which had a 45 million strong African population living within their borders?

Perhaps Estonia would fit?

I think the most reaslitic comparisons in terms of ethnicity would be France, Germany and the UK. Those figures have already been available for you to ignore.

Not one of those nations has anywhere close to 45 million Africans living there as citizens.

You've repeatedly made claims that the US compares to a number of other nations. I'm curious, which nations have you identified which had a 45 million strong African population living within their borders?

Perhaps Estonia would fit?

I think the most reaslitic comparisons in terms of ethnicity would be France, Germany and the UK. Those figures have already been available for you to ignore.
What's to compare America is America, everything else is irrelevant.

Not one of those nations has anywhere close to 45 million Africans living there as citizens.

Do you understand the concept of 'per capita' numbers?

Because many European cities have higher per capita numbers of immigrants than many US cities - hence, any comparisons are perfectly valid.

The difference being, of course, that many of Europe's "Africans" are first generation, wheras many in the US have lived in the US for 200 years.

Hmmm...again...still not addressed...

11-12,000 gun murders a year in the U.S.

vs.

1.4 million times a year guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives....

the anti gunners always forget that number...I guess because the bigger number is on the opposite side of their argument...
If your numbers are correct guns have been used 90 million times in my lifetime to save a life or prevent a crime. I don`t know of a single person who has done this but I do know a few in jail for shooting someone and I know a couple people that were gunned down. Your numbers are bogus without 1.4 million police reports.

Guns per capita & homicides per capita:

USA : 90 guns per 100 people
Holland: 3.9

USA 4.7
Holland: 0.9

And another myth bites the dust.....

Compare assaults, rapes and other non-gun crimes in the USA with those in Holland. This select view that guns are the reason is laughable. We have far greater rates of violence that do not involve guns. The USA is a violent culture.

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany.

Not one.

Instead we say batshit crazy comparisons between the US and Estonia (!), the US and Russia, and no doubt any moment now, the US and Fiji.

I have to say, some days the standard of debate on this forum really makes me wonder about the US school system.
Why on earth do you think France and Germany are similar to the US?

No American thinks that.

This has been covered many times starting in 1773. This country's founders left the totalitarianism of Europe. This country was built and maintained with a gun in hand and the will to use it. Don't like it? I really don't give a fuck.

At last we see an honest response!

I totally respect that, BigReb - if American citizens are fine having a homicide rate 10 times that of similar countries, then go with that. It is entirely for the American people to decide.
We obviously are since the second amendment isn't going away anytime soon so you might as well stop the sermons.

And still NOT ONE poster can address the comparisons between the US and similar countries, like France and Germany.

Not one.

Instead we say batshit crazy comparisons between the US and Estonia (!), the US and Russia, and no doubt any moment now, the US and Fiji.

I have to say, some days the standard of debate on this forum really makes me wonder about the US school system.

No American thinks that.
Because saigon isn't American.

Because many European cities have higher per capita numbers of immigrants than many US cities - hence, any comparisons are perfectly valid.

The difference being, of course, that many of Europe's "Africans" are first generation, wheras many in the US have lived in the US for 200 years.

The comparisons are invalid. Immigrants don't equate to blacks. First generation immigrants are more law abiding than 2nd generation, never mind multiple generations removed from the original immigrant.

You need to compare like to like. Germany to Switzerland. America's white population in the Northern US States to the Canadian population across the border. France and Germany are not comparable states.

Why do the Canadian prairie provinces have a higher homicide rate that the US white population. I've pointed this out a number of times and you just ignore it. Are you getting a clue now why people believe you journalists are biased as all fuck?

Do you understand that a few data sets can skew statistics.

Your gun murder numbers are skewed by a few urban areas in this country.

Not one.

No American thinks that.

Because he's a leftist. Whatever he imagines becomes real to him.

I don`t know of a single person who has done this....

I'd wager there are a lot of things you don't know...but that's another thread...

Did you know any of the 12 astronauts that walked on the moon?
nevertheless, it happened.

Did you know any of the 1500 people who died when the titanic sank?

Did you know any of the soldiers that fought in WWI?

etc...etc...

Not one.

No American thinks that.
Exactly my point.

Quite frankly I'm sick of foreigners preaching to Americans how we should be more like them.

Not one.

No American thinks that.
Exactly my point.

Quite frankly I'm sick of foreigners preaching to Americans how we should be more like them.
That's the reason my first comment was the way it was. I am fed up also with foreigners trying to dictate anything about America.

Hmmm...again...still not addressed...

11-12,000 gun murders a year in the U.S.

vs.

1.4 million times a year guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives....

the anti gunners always forget that number...I guess because the bigger number is on the opposite side of their argument...
If your numbers are correct guns have been used 90 million times in my lifetime to save a life or prevent a crime. I don`t know of a single person who has done this but I do know a few in jail for shooting someone and I know a couple people that were gunned down. Your numbers are bogus without 1.4 million police reports.
I know of several people.

Not one.

No American thinks that.
Exactly my point.

I posted yesterday about a man in the UK getting arresting for uttering a true statement about himself. Why would we want to be like foreign countries where truth is an arrestable offense?

So, there are people who wish there were no guns...anywhere, thinking that this would be a good thing. Of course, they are wrong. Guns allow the physically weaker, the individual vs. the many, the peaceful vs. the more aggressive have a chance at surviving a violent attack...this is one case of that...5 strong, athletic men, savagely beat one man when he stands up to them....over offensive remarks the 5 made about his girlfriend...

5 Division II Football Players Assault Man Leave Him Brain Damaged The Daily Caller

According to witnesses, 30-year old Lewis Campbell confronted the young men after one of them said something to his girlfriend. The football players waited for Campbell to leave Spuds before jumping him and repeatedly stomping on his head. Campbell quickly lost consciousness, and the five fled the scene, yelling, “Football strong!”

It is a good thing that no one involved had a gun...say...the man or his girlfriend...it is much better that the man be beaten and brain damaged....right?

Was a movie with some big names depicting a future world sans firearms. Was all swords and such. Banning the tools and methods wont make us all Carebears, we'll still slaughter each other, just slower.

Not one.

No American thinks that.
Exactly my point.

I`m not a foreigner so is it alright for me to exercise my 1st amendment rights?

Not one.

No American thinks that.
Exactly my point.

I`m not a foreigner so is it alright for me to exercise my 1st amendment rights?
This is a discussion board you have no rights protected by the first amendment, and can only speak freely as the mods allow. In public careful what you say because someone might just make you eat those words after you say them.

If we didn't have african Americans or hispanics we'd have the murder rate of Brussels. As other countries accept more and more immigrants their own murder rate rises.

Forum List

Back