In Between Trials

Speaking of Andrea Sneiderman, it may be ixnay on the rialtay.

Heard the DA may be dropping the murder and conspiracy charges. Seems they don't have the goods to get a conviction on those. If that happens she'll be left facing perjury and making false statements charges. B.O.R.I.N.G.

Just when you're ready for a really good trial, this happens....

Heard the DA may be dropping the murder and conspiracy charges. Seems they don't have the goods to get a conviction on those. If that happens she'll be left facing perjury and making false statements charges. B.O.R.I.N.G.

darn was hoping to watch that one going in blind

I was looking forward to it, too.

Nothing's decided on the charges yet. I'll look into it some more in the morning and update.

I'm guessing Joseph Dell ain't talkin'.

I was looking forward to it, too.

Nothing's decided on the charges yet. I'll look into it some more in the morning and update.

I'm guessing Joseph Dell ain't talkin'.

thanks

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Opening statements began Wednesday in the trial of a man accused of shooting two Winter Park High School students and setting their bodies on fire.

Hector Rodriguez, 32, is accused of killing 16-year-old Nicholas Presha and 18-year-old Jeremy Stewart along the Cady Way Trail last year.

Jury selection was finalized Tuesday. Twelve people were selected to determine Rodriguez's fate -- six jurors and four alternates.

Complicated issues and difficulty seating the jury arose as the state and defense questioned potential jurors.

The questions were about their guns, arrests, whether someone victimized while breaking the law deserves justice and whether witnesses who are felons are credible.

Rodriguez claims he was not there when his friend Jesse Davis murdered Presha and Stewart.

Rodriguez said Davis had already dropped him off.

He admitted being at Davis' house when investigators said the two teenagers were stripped down, tied up, blindfolded and tortured.

Rodriguez was the first to meet the teenagers. He brought Davis into the mix and talk about buying beer for them turned to buying guns from the teens -- guns they had stolen from cars.

The state asked the potential jurors if they would give less credibility to a witness who was a felon. No one said they would.

Davis, who pleaded guilty to the killings, is a career criminal, according to investigators. He is one of four witnesses listed by the defense.

He says he shot both teenagers even though prosecutors said two different guns were used.

Several potential jurors have had experience with guns. Two have concealed weapons permits.

Two of the jurors said they were victims of gun crimes and two were arrested when they were younger.

Good Morning!

Update on Andrea S trial:

A hearing will be held this Friday to determine if the prosecution can call Melanie White during the trial. She was Hemy Neuman's close friend and realtor who would testify that, prior to Rusty S's murder, Hemy told her he and Andrea were having an affair. Defense objects to her testimony saying it is hearsay.

Still no decision whether the DA will offer Andrea a plea deal which would have her plead guilty to perjury and making false statements and the State would drop murder charges.

This would be a coup for the defense and I'm sure they would jump on it. But so far no plea offer. If the prosecution doesn't have the evidence to prove murder and conspiracy then they should drop the charges, IMO. This harkens back to Zimmerman where the DA should have never brought charges against him either. I say, save your state some money and stop harassing people if you don't have the goods to convict.

Prosecutors said in April 2012, Rodriguez and Jesse Davis shot Winter Park High School students Nick Presha and Jeremy Stewart execution style along the Cady Way Trail and then set their bodies on fire.

Rodriguez is pleading not guilty.

Davis, who took a plea deal, is currently serving two life sentences and is expected to testify at Rodriguez's trial.

It's kind of sad that we could just do trials out of Orlando and stay busy.

LOL

Yes, sad. But FL has such open proceedings and always great TV coverage that it's easy to watch trials from there and get documents, etc.

So this must not be 1st degree murder charges? Noticed only 6 jurors + 4 alternates. 2nd degree then?

Opening statements will begin in the first-degree murder trial for Hector Rodriguez. He is one of the men accused of killing two Winter Park teenagers along the Cady Way Trail.

Uhhhhhhhh.

I'm stumped for a sec. Playing catch up a bit.

Forum List

Back