🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In ca kids can have more than two legal parents

It should be a lesson to everyone who imagines that the same sex couple they help out with a baby will be chased for child support for decades.

Did you see in the same article, people can be used for experiments without telling them they became lab rats.

It would be nice is there was some cut and paste from the article in the OP so that we all know what they are talking about.

I haven't been able to get the article to load for past 20 minutes.

After giving it some thought I have no problem with this bill.

"This is in the long run going to be a mistake," Dacus said. "The ones who are going to pay the price are not the activists, but it's going to be children, who will see greater conflict and indecision over matters involving their well-being."

Dacus said having more than two legal parents will create the potential for greater conflict over what is best for a child and result in more complicated court fights.

Complicated court fights already take place between three or more parents. For instance, my niece is currently being raised by her grandfather, while both of her biological parents separately fight for custody. All three parties are considered "legal parents".

It would be nice is there was some cut and paste from the article in the OP so that we all know what they are talking about.

I haven't been able to get the article to load for past 20 minutes.

Brown signs bill to allow children more than two legal parents

Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press
Gov. Jerry Brown walks through the Capitol on Friday, a busy bill-signing day. Among the bills he approved was the one allowing children to have more than two legal parents.
Related Content Accountant suspected of embezzling school lunch money in RialtoCharter school founders sentenced in misuse of fundsIn Bell scandal, spotlight shifts to Angela Spaccia

By Patrick McGreevy and Melanie Mason
October 5, 2013, 12:27 a.m.

SACRAMENTO — Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Friday that will allow children in California to have more than two legal parents, a measure opposed by some conservative groups as an attack on the traditional family.

Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) said he authored the measure to address the changes in family structure in California, including situations in which same-sex couples have a child with an opposite-sex biological parent.

The law will allow the courts to recognize three or more legal parents so that custody and financial responsibility can be shared by all those involved in raising a child, Leno said.

"Courts need the ability to recognize these changes so children are supported by the adults that play a central role in loving and caring for them," Leno said. "It is critical that judges have the ability to recognize the roles of all parents so that no child has to endure separation from one of the adults he or she has always known as a parent."

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77669461/

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be a lesson to everyone who imagines that the same sex couple they help out with a baby will be chased for child support for decades.

Did you see in the same article, people can be used for experiments without telling them they became lab rats.

that has already happened several times and was in the news - a friend agrees to impregnate the lesbian via IVF so she does not have to pay more then is being chased by the greedy bitch to pay child support.

don't have empathy for those bitches - if they don't have money for IVF and sperm bank - they don't have money( and decency) to raise the baby - and will gauge you.

Oh my lord.. Another Liberal bill in response to a single occurance in which some idiot politician said "I have to do something here"...

The bill was partially a reaction to a 2011 court decision involving a lesbian couple that briefly ended their relationship, according to Leno's office. One of the women was impregnated by a man before the women resumed their relationship. A fight broke out, putting one of the women in the hospital and the other in jail, but the daughter was sent to foster care because her biological father did not have parental rights.

This has happened thousands of times in Hetero marriages, where the child is not the biological child of one of the spouses, yet the politicians never thought about givng parential responsibility to the outside the marriage biological parent.

In fact, in cases of divorce, if the woman had an affair and become pregnant by another man, the husband is fincially responsible for that child's Child support payments. That is the law. Even if proven the child is not his, the laws still require him to pay child support.

Oh my lord.. Another Liberal bill in response to a single occurance in which some idiot politician said "I have to do something here"...

The bill was partially a reaction to a 2011 court decision involving a lesbian couple that briefly ended their relationship, according to Leno's office. One of the women was impregnated by a man before the women resumed their relationship. A fight broke out, putting one of the women in the hospital and the other in jail, but the daughter was sent to foster care because her biological father did not have parental rights.

This has happened thousands of times in Hetero marriages, where the child is not the biological child of one of the spouses, yet the politicians never thought about givng parential responsibility to the outside the marriage biological parent.

In fact, in cases of divorce, if the woman had an affair and become pregnant by another man, the husband is fincially responsible for that child's Child support payments. That is the law. Even if proven the child is not his, the laws still require him to pay child support.

Somebody needs to PAY.

it is all about MONEY.

the bitches get impregnated and then decide to sit on a taxpayer's tab - so the state ( and Ca is broke) is looking who to blame for.

I agree, but the bill has already been signed. Whether or not the bill is harmful should be the only concern at this point. In my opinion, I can't see where it hurts.

With any luck at all this bill's effect will be to destroy surrogacy. Especially for same sex couples. It actually voids all those agreements that were signed when sperm donors gave up parental rights and responsibilities. Unless someone comes along to make an exception those men have just become legal parents.

With any luck at all this bill's effect will be to destroy surrogacy. Especially for same sex couples. It actually voids all those agreements that were signed when sperm donors gave up parental rights and responsibilities. Unless someone comes along to make an exception those men have just become legal parents.

yep and it also may bring the provision from egg and sperm donors - for heterosexual use only. if the latter one won't be possible - the sperm and egg donation will cease to exist

California should be purged of humans and turned into a national park.

while I generally agree, but here lies the problem - where would those "purged" go?

Not to my state, we have enough leftards already.
Conservatives are welcome, though :D

Time and again we have heard from Cons on this forum and other forums that "Conservatives are not bigots".

The OP has once again proven them wrong.

Senator Marc Leno wants to keep the relationship bewteen Parent and Child going even after a disoalution of a marriage.

Memo to O.P.

We are in the 21st. Century now.

Homosexuality is NOT wrong.

Homosexuality is NOT immoral.

Being Hetrosexual does not automatically qualifiy one to be a good parent than being Homoseuxal automatically disqualifies a person to be a parent.

The idea that just because a Man or a Woman is Gay/Lesbian does not in anyway, shape, and/or form make them Immoral.

The purpose here is to promote a loving Family and maintaining family ties.

Forum List

Back