In case you haven't noticed gas prices approaching record highs...

House Committee on Natural Resources is not a viable source? Perhaps this might help you understand: .gov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A REPUBLICAN House committee is not a viable source for anything other than misinformation for the Misinformation Voter. The GOP has no credibility.

I guess it's a pretty difficult fact for you to accept: The House Committee on Natural Resources membership consists of 47 Representatives, 26 Republicans and 21 Democrats
In the House a simple majority rules, the Dems have no say in the taxpayer funded GOP propaganda the committee puts out.

Bullshit...Then I suppose the Democrat members in the following link are a figment of people's imagination: Meet Our Members - House Committee on Natural Resources

From the link: The House Committee on Natural Resources membership consists of 47 Representatives, 26 Republicans and 21 Democrats, listed in order of seniority.
The Dems are a powerless MINORITY on the committee chaired by a Republican hack. All that committee does is use taxpayer money to generate Republican Party propaganda fed to gullible suckers stupid enough to swallow it.

So those 21 Democrats have no recourse whatsoever if one of the Republican members were to blatantly lie about the facts presented? Sure thing, and I have a bridge to sell you.
They will be out voted 26 to 21 with every taxpayer funded lie the REPUBLICAN committee produces.

Srsrly....people who complain about gas prices "doubling" under Obama are some of the dumbest people on the Internet.

Oh, the fact that gas prices doubled since Obama took office is imaginary. And you have the nerve to call others stupid? :cuckoo:

In a sense, yes. The idea that it "doubled" is an illusion based off of the market bottoming out and then rebounding during Obama's tenure.

You're either a moron who doesn't get it or a disengenous liar who does.

Disengenous? So $1.84 avg. at the pump when Obama took office was just an illusion? :confused: Sorry... The extra cash disappearing from my wallet when I fill my tank today versus 2008 is no illusion.

The Dems are a powerless MINORITY on the committee chaired by a Republican hack. All that committee does is use taxpayer money to generate Republican Party propaganda fed to gullible suckers stupid enough to swallow it.

So those 21 Democrats have no recourse whatsoever if one of the Republican members were to blatantly lie about the facts presented? Sure thing, and I have a bridge to sell you.
They will be out voted 26 to 21 with every taxpayer funded lie the REPUBLICAN committee produces.

So you're telling me they wont make any effort to challenge something the committee puts out that they believe is a lie. I'd say either you're full of shit, or your party needs to do some serious house cleaning.

Oh, the fact that gas prices doubled since Obama took office is imaginary. And you have the nerve to call others stupid? :cuckoo:

In a sense, yes. The idea that it "doubled" is an illusion based off of the market bottoming out and then rebounding during Obama's tenure.

Disengenous? So $1.84 avg. at the pump when Obama took office was just an illusion? :confused: Sorry... The extra cash disappearing from my wallet when I fill my tank today versus 2008 is no illusion.

Yes, disengenuous and yes, the price was an illusion.

In the summer of 2008 before the economy crashed you were paying north of four dollars a gallon so don't act like sub two dollar gas was anywhere near the norm in your life. It wasn't. You were only paying those prices for a short period of time in which the economy was bottoming out.

So like I said...you're either a moron who doesn't get it or a disengenous liar who does.

No hair off my ass either way.

Oil_price_chronology-june2007.gif

Thank you, George Dubya Bush!

So you're telling me they wont make any effort to challenge something the committee puts out that they believe is a lie. I'd say either you're full of shit, or your party needs to do some serious house cleaning.
And every challenge gets voted down 26 to 21. Damn you are thick!

And every challenge gets voted down 26 to 21. Damn you are thick!

Hey numbskull, I'm talking about their ability to utilize the Liberal Media to refute the imaginary Republican lies you speak of. Don't you think maybe they'd call a reporter if they thought someone on the committee was lying? Of course they would, but a nice partisan hack attempt at discrediting a Bipartisan Government website. I'd hate to think how absolutely bat shit crazy you'd have gotten if I had linked to Fox News. :lol:

How predictable.

When gas prices were falling, the Nutter's refused to give Obama any credit for it. Now that they're rising again, it's all his fault.

How is a price an illusion? The price for Jan 2009 was an outlier, sure, as gas prices, after being extraordinarily high Summmer of 2008 dropped massively from September to December and just started to go back up again, more slowly, in Jan 2009.

It's disingenuous to imply that the Jan 2009 prices were the norm and to ignore the extreme volatility of those years, but strictly speaking, gas prices are now almost twice as high as when Obama took office (average regular unleaded is about 90% higher). Of course in July 2008 the price for regular unleaded was 160% higher than when Bush took office.

How is a price an illusion? The price for Jan 2009 was an outlier, sure, as gas prices, after being extraordinarily high Summmer of 2008 dropped massively from September to December and just started to go back up again, more slowly, in Jan 2009.

It's disingenuous to imply that the Jan 2009 prices were the norm and to ignore the extreme volatility of those years, but strictly speaking, gas prices are now almost twice as high as when Obama took office (average regular unleaded is about 90% higher). Of course in July 2008 the price for regular unleaded was 160% higher than when Bush took office.

The price was an illusion because of what was happening in the market at the time. You're an intelligent guy who is obviously aware of what was happening and why. I get your point that the price is what the price is but like you said, that wasn't the norm or even approaching it....it was a flash in the pan.

Nothing is ever Obama's fault, nothing.

He is their Lord, Savior and Daddy, he can do no wrong

The price was an illusion because of what was happening in the market at the time. You're an intelligent guy who is obviously aware of what was happening and why. I get your point that the price is what the price is but like you said, that wasn't the norm or even approaching it....it was a flash in the pan.

Rising gas prices: an illusion or -- Bush's fault

Falling Gas Prices: the magnificence of Obama, Praise be his Holy Name

Amiright?

Petroleum products expensive, are they? Thank everyone with a V8 engine. It's gigantically over-sized American cars that are responsible. You can blame whomever else you like, the responsibility does not lie far away, but in the driveway.

NO, the responsibility lies with our friggin government controls, taxes and restrictions... Listen to Milton Friedman from 1979, and tell me how things are different now..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp2kGJASGY]Milton Friedman on Donahue 1979 (2/5) - YouTube[/ame]

Meanwhile the CPI informs us that the cost of living only went up 1.7% in 2012.

They're not even trying to lie effectively anymore.

You are way to generous.

But what was the situations a few months before those gas prices hit that 1.80 mark?

Well for me I had lost at least 200k in equity on property. And 120k in 401k money.
I had pretty good gas prices for a few months. But I couldn't enjoy it because I lost so much damn money during George Bush's economic collapse.

Sure am glad the stock market came back. And property values are climbing.

But I am sure that if I could just make like a rethug I would feel better blaming Obama.

Now we have N Korea with nukes and the ME ready to go to full out war and gas prices are rising.

And rethugs can't figure out why. All they know is that it must be Obama's fault.

Learn a lesson from your man George Bush; when the ME is in conflict, gas prices rise.
Gee was that hard or what?

Amiright?

Rising gas prices: increase in world demand initially, now is the market settling back after the epic economic collapse

Plummeting gas prices like we saw from the end of 2008 into early 2009: epic economic collapse

^I don't see BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH or Fartbongo mentioned there at all

Seek help for your ODS

Amiright?
Well, last Saturday, gas was $3.09. Yesterday it was $3.39. That's about a 10% hike in 2 days. I have hardly heard a peep out of George W in over 4 years. Something's fishy about leftist analyses lately ... and it has to do with a history of successful scorekeeping in the blamegame. Only, nobody's successful lately except George Soros.

You are way to generous.

But what was the situations a few months before those gas prices hit that 1.80 mark?

Well for me I had lost at least 200k in equity on property. And 120k in 401k money.
I had pretty good gas prices for a few months. But I couldn't enjoy it because I lost so much damn money during George Bush's economic collapse.

Sure am glad the stock market came back. And property values are climbing.

But I am sure that if I could just make like a rethug I would feel better blaming Obama.

Now we have N Korea with nukes and the ME ready to go to full out war and gas prices are rising.

And rethugs can't figure out why. All they know is that it must be Obama's fault.

Learn a lesson from your man George Bush; when the ME is in conflict, gas prices rise.
Gee was that hard or what?

pinqy knows what was going on in the market at the end of 2008 into 2009 he's just being a stickler with the term I used to describe the price.

Forum List

Back