In-Depth Fortune Story on "Fast & Furious" Paints Totally Different Picture Than Issa

AZ laws prevented them from ever going after any of the people. One guy was bought $300k in weapons and was on food stamps and the ATF couldnt stop his food stamps.

Now you support tougher gun laws after Terry Schiavo...ahem...Brian Terry dies? No?

What kind of fucking idiot hack are you, anyway? There is NO REFERENCE WHATSOEVER to Arizona gun laws, not even in the Fortune fluff piece. It was FEDERAL prosecutors who refused to do their jobs, not STATE ones. Now tell me, under what department do FEDERAL prosecutors operate? WHO is in charge of that department?

Who is at fault here?

Seriously? Which Fortune article were you reading, home skillet?

5th paragraph.

Customers can legally buy as many weapons as they want in Arizona as long as they're 18 or older and pass a criminal background check. There are no waiting periods and no need for permits, and buyers are allowed to resell the guns. "In Arizona," says Voth, "someone buying three guns is like someone buying a sandwich."

And the ATF has been wanting desperately to change the gun laws. Demand Letter 3 is called that because this is the third time they've tried it.

Fast and Furious was being used to give them that legislation.

AZ laws prevented them from ever going after any of the people. One guy was bought $300k in weapons and was on food stamps and the ATF couldnt stop his food stamps.

Now you support tougher gun laws after Terry Schiavo...ahem...Brian Terry dies? No?

What kind of fucking idiot hack are you, anyway? There is NO REFERENCE WHATSOEVER to Arizona gun laws, not even in the Fortune fluff piece. It was FEDERAL prosecutors who refused to do their jobs, not STATE ones. Now tell me, under what department do FEDERAL prosecutors operate? WHO is in charge of that department?

Who is at fault here?

5th paragraph.

Customers can legally buy as many weapons as they want in Arizona as long as they're 18 or older and pass a criminal background check. There are no waiting periods and no need for permits, and buyers are allowed to resell the guns. "In Arizona," says Voth, "someone buying three guns is like someone buying a sandwich."

Keep swinging Boopers, sooner or later you might actually make contact...

You'll actually have to READ the article some day...
Prosecutors: Transferring guns is legal in Arizona

This was not the view of federal prosecutors. In a meeting on Jan. 5, 2010, Emory Hurley, the assistant U.S. Attorney in Phoenix overseeing the Fast and Furious case, told the agents they lacked probable cause for arrests, according to ATF records. Hurley's judgment reflected accepted policy at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona.

Who is at fault here?

5th paragraph.

And the ATF has been wanting desperately to change the gun laws. Demand Letter 3 is called that because this is the third time they've tried it.

HELLO, not the point.I was talking to Guy, who said no mention of AZ gun laws were made in that article.

5th paragraph.

HELLO, not the point.I was talking to Guy, who said no mention of AZ gun laws were made in that article.

And that was my bad, I meant to say Arizona prosecutors. Federal prosecutors are under the direction of AG Withholder, right?

Last edited:
Who is in charge of the Federal prosecutors??

Not ATF.

So you quoted the same paragraph I quoted, and thought someday I'd need to read the article? I read it yesterday. How many neocons in this thread actually made it to the finish line?

And that was my bad, I meant to say Arizona prosecutors...

Thank you.

The Arizona prosecutors refused to participate.

How surprising.

In-Depth Fortune Story on "Fast & Furious" Paints Totally Different Picture Than Issa

"Despite what the right wingers are spreading, there is no evidence that proves that government-supplied weapons killed Agent Terry."

handjob.gif

You have no fucking clue what you are blabbering about.
Loughner has nothing, nothng, to do with this case. But for the record, Loughner was not a prohibited person when he bought the gun. This has been pointed out to you many times but you are too fucking stupid to understand it.
And the Brady Bill is law, dumbshit. Do you thnk we have no gun control laws in this country?

And that's the point.

Loughner wasn't prohibited. If the gun laws can't keep him from buying a gun, then the gun laws are too weak. Period.

And if 2000 guns a day are finding their way into Mexico, then the gun laws are too weak.

And it's a bit silly to go ahead and complain that the ATF couldn't bail out the ocean with a teaspoon.

But you think you can use Agent Terry's coffin as a soap box while getting us all to ignore that the gun laws in this country are largely toothless because the NRA and the gun industry has fought to make them so.

Fast and Furious was set up for people like you.

Shaman, that's another strawman argument. Nobody has said the government SUPPLIED the weapons, they simply DEMANDED that the gun dealers SELL the weapons to people they KNEW were ILLEGALLY purchasing them.

You have no fucking clue what you are blabbering about.
Loughner has nothing, nothng, to do with this case. But for the record, Loughner was not a prohibited person when he bought the gun. This has been pointed out to you many times but you are too fucking stupid to understand it.
And the Brady Bill is law, dumbshit. Do you thnk we have no gun control laws in this country?

And that's the point.

Loughner wasn't prohibited. If the gun laws can't keep him from buying a gun, then the gun laws are too weak. Period.

And if 2000 guns a day are finding their way into Mexico, then the gun laws are too weak.

And it's a bit silly to go ahead and complain that the ATF couldn't bail out the ocean with a teaspoon.

But you think you can use Agent Terry's coffin as a soap box while getting us all to ignore that the gun laws in this country are largely toothless because the NRA and the gun industry has fought to make them so.

What gun laws would have prevented a person who was not prohibited from buying a gun? Germany has the strictest gun laws around, and they still have mass shooting incidents.

The ATF engaged in an illegal operation that violated Federal law and resulted in the death of a law enforcement agent. Do you think that's OK?

Who is in charge of the Federal prosecutors??

In theory, the AG.

In reality, most of these guys were holdovers from the Bush years...

But the point is, they were actually following the laws as written.

It's not illegal to guy multiple guns, to transfer them or to resell them.

And better or worse, that's what folks on the right want.

Well, there's a price to pay for that, and the price is when you don't have guns ownership to be as regulated as let's say, car ownership, you can have guns get into the hands of Mexican drug lords or a crazy person like Loughner or even a six year old who brings one into the playground and starts shooting up his playmates because he doesn't understand life isn't like a cartoon.

What gun laws would have prevented a person who was not prohibited from buying a gun? Germany has the strictest gun laws around, and they still have mass shooting incidents.

The ATF engaged in an illegal operation that violated Federal law and resulted in the death of a law enforcement agent. Do you think that's OK?

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun death rate, US- 10.27
gun death rate, Germany- 1.57

Um, yeah, stricter gun laws do work... Wow.

The ATF engaged in an investigation, nothing more, nothing less. No one has yet to prove they did anything illegal.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun death rate, US- 10.27
gun death rate, Germany- 1.57

Um, yeah, stricter gun laws do work... Wow.

The ATF engaged in an investigation, nothing more, nothing less. No one has yet to prove they did anything illegal.

South Africa has the toughest laws. And the highest number of deaths.
Switzerland and France have about the same rate. Switzerland has very lenient laws and France very strict ones.
So no, stricter laws do not work.
I ask again, what law would have prevented a non prohibited person from buying a gun?

The ATF ordered dealers to approve straw purchases. That is ipso facto illegal. It goes downhill from there.

Forum List

Back