In Florida not even government contractors need to check legal employment status.

I told this story before. My son moved to Florida. He gets his first check and not having a bank yet he goes to a check cashing place. He calls me complaining about the long lines and how long it takes. I tell him the place likely cashes checks and also processes money to Mexico.

He laughs and tells me right on the wall is a sign that says they send money to Mexico.
when I lived in South Florida it was mostly Cubans, Haitians, and Venezuelans that were using check cashing places, and to send their earned money to their homeland.... mostly Cuba, and Venezuela.

Imagine how much of this country would come to a grinding halt if every undocumented worker disappeared. People digging ditches laying pipe, contractors, builders, agriculture, meat packing plants, the list is endless. Like it or not, that is our reality right now. And you bitch that Starbucks can't make your order fast enough?

And, of course, the charlatans like the Florida gov. who enables it.

He is the Herschel Walker of abortions, say one thing, do another.

Yes, everyone complaining about illegals here know this. Politicians will still stir up the pot pretending they are going to do something when we all know they will not.

Imagine how much of this country would come to a grinding halt if every undocumented worker disappeared. People digging ditches laying pipe, contractors, builders, agriculture, meat packing plants, the list is endless. Like it or not, that is our reality right now. And you bitch that Starbucks can't make your order fast enough?

And, of course, the charlatans like the Florida gov. who enables it.

He is the Herschel Walker of abortions, say one thing, do another.
Every state hires contractors that have aliens working for them, numskull.

I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

DeSantis may be the biggest fraud in politics.
So, let's be transparent.

The state agency also said the vendor complied with an immigration law DeSantis championed in 2020 that sought to crack down on undocumented labor in the state.

So, the vendor complied with immigration law.

That law requires all public employers and their contractors to register with and use the federal E-Verify system, run by the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm that all new hires are legally authorized to work in the United States.

So, the law requires the contractors to register and use the federal e verify system run by the department of Homeland security to confirm that the employees were eligible to work in the US, which the contractor did.

Compliant hiring procedures were followed including a federal E-Verify clearance check and the individual in question passed this federal clearance.

So, compliance was followed including federal e verify, and the individual in question passed the clearance

The company continues to follow federal and state employment guidelines and in no way attempted to circumvent the law to hire unauthorized individuals,”

So, the company is complying with state and federal guidelines.

We are continuing to investigate the events that led to the company being defrauded in the hiring of these individuals.”

So, an investigation ensued to find out how the company was defrauded that led to the hiring of those individuals.

The article is misleading as it says "DeSantis has paid 8 million to a company EMPLOYING illegals", as in present tense, which I'm sure those employees are not there anymore.

Florida can't cancel a contract with someone just because they unknowingly hired people who the federal government said were legally eligible to work in the US.

I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

This is a black eye for DeSantis

But common practice for government across America

Florida and the federal government should pass a law against hiring illegals

So, let's be transparent.

So, the vendor complied with immigration law.

So, the law requires the contractors to register and use the FEDERAL e verify system run by THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, to confirm that the employees were eligible to work in the US, which the contractor did.

Nope.

So, compliance was followed including FEDERAL e verify, and the individual in question PASSED THE FEDERAL CLEARANCE.

Nope.

So, the company is complying with state and federal guidelines.

So, an investigation ensued to find out how the company was defrauded that led to the hiring of those individuals.

The article is misleading as it says "DeSantis has paid 8 million to a company EMPLOYING illegals", as in present tense, which I'm sure those employees are not there anymore.

Florida can't cancel a contract with someone just because they unknowingly hired people who the federal government said were legally eligible to work in the US.

To save time, one big nope. Federal e-verify is not mandatory outside of a few cases. Obviously not for Florida employers or there would have been no need for Florida to pretend to force employers to use it.

It has been known for decades that construction has immigration people in it. Perhaps you should have pointed it out back then.

Or perhaps DeSantis and the rest of the GOP should quit pretending to care about them being here and coming across the border, since they clearly do not

Or perhaps DeSantis and the rest of the GOP should quit pretending to care about them being here and coming across the border, since they clearly do not
Immigrants before 1965 came here and manned up. They came here for opportunities. With no social programs! We have enough people in poverty without adding to it and we have with endless taxes paid for it.

Immigrants before 1965 came here and manned up. They came here for opportunities. With no social programs! We have enough people in poverty without adding to it and we have with endless taxes paid for it.

They are going to Florida for opportunities.

Seems you like and support the frauds so.............................
seems like you jump to conclusions quickly to satisfy your ego.

i never said jack shit about who i supported, just how you view things. you made up the rest to fit your view of things.

how...ironic.

you are a binary mother fucker man.

there's black, there's white - and there's a billion shades of gray in the inbetween.

you simply see black and white.

pretty damn sad.

seems like you jump to conclusions quickly to satisfy your ego.

i never said jack shit about who i supported, just how you view things. you made up the rest to fit your view of things.

how...ironic.

I posted a link to the story. Not being able to defend what is happening you attack me. It's pretty common but oh well. It means the story hit a sore spot with you.

If Xiden simply did his job and enforced immigration law, then nobody would have to worry about checking. It's that simple. I expect a Federal Executive to do their job, and not put the rest of us at risk

If Xiden simply did his job and enforced immigration law, then nobody would have to worry about checking. It's that simple. I expect a Federal Executive to do their job, and not put the rest of us at risk

These people have been working these jobs for years.

Everyone knows the best way to slow illegal immigration is to shut off employment opportunities......and yet, the Right won't take that step. I wonder why.

Forum List

Back