In Florida not even government contractors need to check legal employment status.

He was in the position of passing a law where all employers had to use e-verify but gave Florida employers a free pass instead.
Um, Executive Branch don't pass laws. More importantly, that doesn't solve the problem. He can't deport them...he's a state Gov, he can't enforce federal law.

Moreover- e-verfiy doesn't determine if the illegal has forged or stolen IDs. With that said, yes FL has e-verify requirements...https://money.usnews.com/investing/term/check#:~:text=A%20check%20authorizes%20a%20bank,gives%20them%20the%20equivalent%20cash.

New Requirements for Florida Employers

Public Employers
: Beginning January 1, 2021, every public employer, contractor, and subcontractor in Florida must register with and use the E-Verify system to verify the work authorization status of all newly hired employees. No public contract may be entered into unless each party to the contract registers with and uses the E-Verify system.

Um, Executive Branch don't pass laws. More importantly, that doesn't solve the problem. He can't deport them...he's a state Gov, he can't enforce federal law.

Moreover- e-verfiy doesn't determine if the illegal has forged or stolen IDs.

If they are not working, they leave on their own. But you'll make excuse after excuse after excuse.

He was in the position of passing a law where all employers had to use e-verify but gave Florida employers a free pass instead.
Well your thread didn't age well...this took a two seconds to find on line:

Public Employers
: Beginning January 1, 2021, every public employer, contractor, and subcontractor in Florida must register with and use the E-Verify system to verify the work authorization status of all newly hired employees. No public contract may be entered into unless each party to the contract registers with and uses the E-Verify system.

Private Employers: Beginning January 1, 2021, a private employer must, after making an offer of employment that has been accepted by a person, verify the person’s employment eligibility by either using the E-Verify system or requiring the person to provide the same documentation that is required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on its Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form. Private employers utilizing the I-9 documentation option must maintain a copy of the documentation provided for at least three years after the person’s initial date of employment.

If they are not working, they leave on their own. But you'll make excuse after excuse after excuse.
Show me proof that when an illegal isn't working they leave the United States on their own.

Show me

Well your thread didn't age well...this took a two seconds to find on line:

Public Employers

Private Employers: Beginning January 1, 2021, a private employer must, after making an offer of employment that has been accepted by a person, verify the person’s employment eligibility by either using the E-Verify system or requiring the person to provide the same documentation that is required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on its Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form. Private employers utilizing the I-9 documentation option must maintain a copy of the documentation provided for at least three years after the person’s initial date of employment.

I have covered this many times. Agriculture was completely exempted and READ the law. All the other employers have to do is get the employee to sign an I-9 form. Illegals in most cases have no idea what they are signing.

Do you see the bolded OR in your link?

I have covered this many times. Agriculture was completely exempted and READ the law. All the other employers have to do is get the employee to sign an I-9 form. Illegals in most cases have no idea what they are signing.

Do you see the bolded OR in your link?
this thread is about Gov contractors…public employees

I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

DeSantis may be the biggest fraud in politics.
why is it you think the people should obey the law but the government doesnt have too??

No, they are not public employee's. They are employee's of contractors getting government contracts.
Geez man...read the freaking link

Additionally, if a public contractor enters into a contract with a subcontractor, the subcontractor must provide the contractor with an affidavit stating that the subcontractor does not employ, contract with, or subcontract with unauthorized persons. The contractor must maintain a copy of the affidavit for the duration of the contract. A public employer that has a good-faith belief that a contractor or subcontractor knowingly violated these requirements must terminate the contract with this entity or order the contractor to terminate the contract with the subcontractor immediately. This will not be considered a “breach of contract” for contract purposes.

but further on....PRIVATE EMPLOYERS:

The Gov did sign a law making it a requirement. You said he didn't. You lied. This thread has failed horror

you never say the government should secure the border but whine constantly that the people shouldnt hire illegals,, WTF??

Saying the government should secure the border is like saying I shouldn't get wet when I go out into the rain. It's impossible.

Geez man...read the freaking link

Additionally, if a public contractor enters into a contract with a subcontractor, the subcontractor must provide the contractor with an affidavit stating that the subcontractor does not employ, contract with, or subcontract with unauthorized persons. The contractor must maintain a copy of the affidavit for the duration of the contract. A public employer that has a good-faith belief that a contractor or subcontractor knowingly violated these requirements must terminate the contract with this entity or order the contractor to terminate the contract with the subcontractor immediately. This will not be considered a “breach of contract” for contract purposes.

but further on....PRIVATE EMPLOYERS:

The Gov did sign a law making it a requirement. You said he didn't. You lied. This thread has failed horror

Your ignorance gives me a headache. I explained it to you and still...................

Saying the government should secure the border is like saying I shouldn't get wet when I go out into the rain. It's impossible.
except for the constitution requires them to do that and theres nothing saying you shouldnt get wet when your drinking from a urinal,,

you never say the government should secure the border but whine constantly that the people shouldnt hire illegals,, WTF??
It's amazing the length this dembot goes to defend his cult leaders unwillingness to enforce federal laws.

He literally said the solution should be to have a horrible economy, and no jobs....literally that's his position.

Your ignorance gives me a headache. I explained it to you and still...................
No, you claimed the Gov signed no such law, there is. Then you went on about how Ag is exempted, but this thread is about public govt contractors...which as the link shows, are covered.

What a epic failure of a thread

except for the constitution requires them to do that and theres nothing saying you shouldnt get wet when your drinking from a urinal,,

The Constitution does not require it. The Constitution grants immigration to the Federal government. The Federal government can then act as they wish.

How do you suppose the Founders would have shut down the borders?

Forum List

Back