In God We Trust

Use your deductive reasoning to figure it out. Let's just see if you're capable of doing so. All the info you need is in the prayer. True story.
I've deduced that religion is not named in the constitution and should stay out of government. It's very important. I'm not free if I am forced to comply with anyone's religious doctrine.

You can't kill, steal or commit adultery without suffering consequences in America, sorry.

How oppressed does that make you feel?
Not at all, that's common sense, and religions tend to have good morals, they help some people, I'm not against them.

Just keep them out of government please.
Oh, please, now is it? Well, I am so glad you have been influenced, even if only slightly to accept the fact that our American forbears intended their prodigy to have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to speak fondly of our dear God and Lord, light of light, true god of true gods, the author and father of mankind, just as the prophet Isaiah predicted and Christ lived out his punishment as lamb of forgiveness of all our mistakes that we are sorry for.in return for our belief in Him. Amen and amen.
I believe Jesus was a real person, a great person. I'm not against God or Jesus. Just leave your religious beliefs out of government, it's very simple.

There can be religion in government but the congress shall make no laws respecting (FAVORING) any particular religion. That garble about "church and state" is not in the constitution and is just so much poppycock.

I've deduced that religion is not named in the constitution and should stay out of government. It's very important. I'm not free if I am forced to comply with anyone's religious doctrine.
You can't kill, steal or commit adultery without suffering consequences in America, sorry.

Not at all, that's common sense, and religions tend to have good morals, they help some people, I'm not against them.

Oh, please, now is it? Well, I am so glad you have been influenced, even if only slightly to accept the fact that our American forbears intended their prodigy to have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to speak fondly of our dear God and Lord, light of light, true god of true gods, the author and father of mankind, just as the prophet Isaiah predicted and Christ lived out his punishment as lamb of forgiveness of all our mistakes that we are sorry for.in return for our belief in Him. Amen and amen.
I believe Jesus was a real person, a great person. I'm not against God or Jesus. Just leave your religious beliefs out of government, it's very simple.
No. Good night.
Well that's unfortunate. Pleasant dreams to you.

There can be religion in government but the congress shall make no laws respecting (FAVORING) any particular religion. That garble about "church and state" is not in the constitution and is just so much poppycock.
It's pretty straight forward to me. No laws favoring a religion=just leave religion out of it please.

There can be religion in government but the congress shall make no laws respecting (FAVORING) any particular religion.

My religion is NO religion. So yea...it does protect my religion...and me...from YOU

This thread title is the official motto of the United States of America.
Rep.'s Tlaib and Omar were sworn into Congress using the Quran.
Does this mean that they were not duly sworn in as Congressional members?

Our official motto DOES NOT state that 'In Allah We Trust'.

Can someone please clear up this confusion?

Which god does the oath refer to?

Aphrodite – Goddess of beauty; one of the twelve Olympians
Apollo – God of poetry, music, and the sun and the prophecy; an Olympian , I
Ares – God of war; an Olympian
Artemis – Goddess of the hunt and of of the moon; an Olympian
Athena – Goddess of wisdom, defensive war, and Athens; an Olympian
Demeter – Goddess of the harvest and of nature, often considered an Olympian
Dionysus – God of wine, he took Hestia's place as an Olympian
Eris – Goddess of discord
Eos – Goddess of the dawn
Gaia – Primordial Goddess of earth, and mother of the Titans
Hades – God of the underworld, often considered an Olympian
Hecate – Goddess of Witchcraft and crossroads
Helios – God who drives of the sun: a primordial
Hephaestus – God of smiths and fire; an Olympian
Hera – Chief Goddess of the pantheon and Goddess of marriage; an Olympian
Hermes – The messenger of the Greek Gods; an Olympian
Hestia – Goddess of the hearth who gave up seat at Olympus to Dionysus
Pan – God of shepherds
Poseidon – God of the sea and the Father of horses; an Olympian
Selene – Goddess who drives the moon;a Primordial
Thanatos- The god of death
Uranus – Primordial god of the heavens, and father of the Titans
Zeus – God of sky and air; chief Olympian
Morpheus – God of dreams
Eostre- Goddess of April.
Frigg - Goddess of the Earth.
Hretha- Goddess of March.
Saxnot- God of the English.
Shef- God of the corn harvest.
Thunor - God of Thunder.
Tir - God of war
Weyland- God of smiths.
Woden - God of royalty, healing and magick
NorseEdit
Alfar
Balder – God of beauty, innocence, joy, peace and purity; Son of Odin.
Beyla (f) - Goddess of bees or cattle.
Bil (f) - Goddess of the moon.
Bragi – God of poetry.
Byggvir (m) - God of Barley.
Dagr (m) - God of the day.
Disir - local female goddesses or female ancestors.
Eir (f) - Goddess of healing.
Fenrir - Wolf God of Destruction, and Ragnorak (Norse Armageddon)
Forseti (m) - God of justice.
Freyja / Freya (f) - Goddess of love domestic skills and magic.
Freyr – God of fertility and love.
Frigga (f) - Goddess of women domestic skills and wisdom.
Heimdall – The guardian of the Norse deities.
Hel – Queen of Helheim, the Norse underworld.
Hoenir (m) - God of reason.
Idunn (f) - Goddess of apples and immortality.
Jord (f) - Earth Goddess.
Lofn (f) - Goddess of thwarted lovers.
Loki – The Norse trickster god.
Mani (m) - God of the moon.
Njord (m) - God of the coast and wealth.
Norns (f) - The three goddesses of fate Verdandi Urd and Skuld.
Nott (f) - Goddess of night.
Odin – God of the hunt, of magic, poetry, victory war, and wisdom.
Ran (f) - Goddess of the drowned.
Saga (f) - Goddess of wisdom.
Sif (f) - Goddess of kinship.
Siofn (f) - Goddess of love.
Skadi (f) - Goddess of skiing and mountains.
Snotra (f) - Goddess of wisdom.
Sol (f) - Goddess of the sun.
Syn (f) - Goddess of protection.
Thor – God of thunder.
Tyr – God of battle and warfare.
Ull (m) - God of skiing, hunting and combat.
Vali (m) - God of vengeance.
Var (f) - Goddess of Oaths.
Vidar (m) - God of Strength.
Vor (f) - Goddess of hidden knowledge.
Black Shuck East Anglian dog spirit.
Herne (m) - Hunter spirit of Windsor.
German/DutchEdit
Holda (f) - Goddess of winter, weather, textiles and fertility
Nehalennia (f) - Goddess of Seafaring & Fertility (German/Dutch).
Nerthus (f) - Goddess of the Earth (German/Danish).
LusitanianEdit
Endovelicus (m) - A Solar God with many faces, the supreme head God, god of dreams/visions and health.
Ataegina (f) - The goddess of health, the moon, and rebirth (a significant theme in their religion).
Runesocesius (m) - A god of mystery and martial skills, the god of the javelin.

You should leave America and go where they worship those gods.

People in America DO worship those gods.

[R]eligious freedom must, by its very nature, include the right to reject all religion or else it isn’t really religious freedom. […]

Consider this as well: Under the right conditions, we all want freedom from religion – or at least freedom from certain religions. A Methodist is not a Muslim for a reason. If the public school system or some other arm of government began imposing Islam, Scientology, Zoroastrianism (or even liberal Christianity) onto people against their will, I’d expect Gov. Perry and his followers would immediately demand to be free from that religion.

This has long been one of the right’s more inane talking points: “The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.”

But this is silly. The Constitution actually guarantees that there will be no laws respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. If I’m a Buddhist, I have the freedom not to be a Baptist. If I’m Catholic, I have the right not to follow Confucianism. If I’m Jewish, I have the freedom not to be gentile.

Freedom from religion

And "In God We Trust" was not a "thing" when the nation was founded.

It first appeared on a 2 cent piece in 1864 and was put on currency in 1956
Ever been to the Washington Monument begun in the George Washington Presidency, but finished years later? Ever read the Capstone, dollface? I'll share:

th
th

Laus Deo interprets to mean "Praise to God" in case you had forgotten.

Our Founders were grateful to a loving God that gave America the right to make its own laws to govern, so that people's needs here would be addressed and taken care of.

The monument did not begin construction until 1848. The FF didn't write the fucking capstone, twit.

I'm not against religions or religious people, be it Christianity or anything I just think it is extremely important government and religion don't mix. One of the best things about our country is freedom of religion. If we let a given religion have reign over government a religion you don't like/don't agree with could be in charge some day. Best to keep it separate.

Pan – God of shepherds
Morpheus – God of dreams
Thunor - God of Thunder.
Tir - God of war
Weyland- God of smiths.
NorseEdit
Alfar
Bragi – God of poetry.
Thor – God of thunder.
German/DutchEdit
LusitanianEdit
Endovelicus (m) - A Solar God with many faces, the supreme head God, god of dreams/visions and health.
Ataegina (f) - The goddess of health, the moon, and rebirth (a significant theme in their religion).

There's stupid people wherever you go.

How many people in Anarctica worship those gods?

Well, like the prophecies Say, people shall fall away From God and be lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God.
Did your god assign you to make those decisions, or do you think he can deal with all that himself?
My God has said there is only one (1) unforgivable sin and that is to curse him. Sorry 'bout that.

And My god said your god is a pussy.

Ah! I see what you did there! You're having a little fun with Trump. Right?!
Donald and Melania Trump, attending religious services:
th

That's Bush senior's funeral and not a regular church service. Post a picture of them in a regular church on a Sunday. OOPS can't! He's usually golfing at one of his golf clubs on Sundays. Well, maybe all except this Sunday when he was tweeting up a storm about almost everything his diseased mind could think of. And especially about SNL, that was a rerun and he rant tweeted about it when it first aired.....something he seems to have forgotten.

Now today he had to take down time....from friggin what? He was up all weekend and it looks like he didn't sleep. The Adderall snorting will do that to you. It's basically speed, which doesn't allow you to sleep, and two or three days of no sleep produces what he did over the weekend. I guess he needs today to finally sleep from being up all weekend.

[R]eligious freedom must, by its very nature, include the right to reject all religion or else it isn’t really religious freedom. […]

Consider this as well: Under the right conditions, we all want freedom from religion – or at least freedom from certain religions. A Methodist is not a Muslim for a reason. If the public school system or some other arm of government began imposing Islam, Scientology, Zoroastrianism (or even liberal Christianity) onto people against their will, I’d expect Gov. Perry and his followers would immediately demand to be free from that religion.

This has long been one of the right’s more inane talking points: “The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.”

But this is silly. The Constitution actually guarantees that there will be no laws respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. If I’m a Buddhist, I have the freedom not to be a Baptist. If I’m Catholic, I have the right not to follow Confucianism. If I’m Jewish, I have the freedom not to be gentile.

Freedom from religion
Exactly.

Such nonsense from conservatives is as idiotic as it is ignorant and wrong.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment in fact affords citizens freedom from religion, where citizens are free to practice any religion they so desire – or no religion at all – absent punitive measures by the state.

No matter how small a religious minority might be, or how few are free from religion altogether, the Christian majority may not compel conformity to Christian dogma, nor seek to disadvantage those of minority faiths and those free from religion, through force of law.

Freedom from religion
Exactly.

Such nonsense from conservatives is as idiotic as it is ignorant and wrong.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment in fact affords citizens freedom from religion, where citizens are free to practice any religion they so desire – or no religion at all – absent punitive measures by the state.

No matter how small a religious minority might be, or how few are free from religion altogether, the Christian majority may not compel conformity to Christian dogma, nor seek to disadvantage those of minority faiths and those free from religion, through force of law.

Nor can non-religious people impose their will on the God-fearing majority. See how that works?

Ever been to the Washington Monument begun in the George Washington Presidency, but finished years later? Ever read the Capstone, dollface? I'll share:

th
th

Our Founders were grateful to a loving God that gave America the right to make its own laws to govern, so that people's needs here would be addressed and taken care of.

Washington Monument - Wikipedia

Work began in 1848. Capstone with that inscription was installed in 1888. When did you think Washington was President??

The funniest thing is that two idiots gave your moronic post trophy points.

Jesus people...(headshake)

Pan – God of shepherds
Morpheus – God of dreams
Thunor - God of Thunder.
Tir - God of war
Weyland- God of smiths.
NorseEdit
Alfar
Bragi – God of poetry.
Thor – God of thunder.
German/DutchEdit
LusitanianEdit

There's stupid people wherever you go.

How many people in Anarctica worship those gods?
I googled 5 hour course for my neice who is getting her license and the second link was how long is the 5 hour course. I wonder about humanity sometimes lol.

th
th

The monument did not begin construction until 1848. The FF didn't write the fucking capstone, twit.

Semantics, leftist shill. Let's do this!

th
th

He can't forget something he never knew.
Oh and hey jerk off.
flag.jpg

THIS is the Florida State Flag

th
th

He can't forget something he never knew.
Oh and hey jerk off.
flag.jpg

THIS is the Florida State Flag

Only after capitulation to crybabies. The seal is still the same. No concessions should have ever been made.

Semantics, leftist shill. Let's do this!

Semantics? Your idiot fundie was claiming that religious mumbo jumbo was plastered on the Monument by the Founding Fathers. They were long dead..most before that monument was even begun.

What you call "semantics" are actually FACTS...facts that show your stupidity

I'm not against religions or religious people, be it Christianity or anything I just think it is extremely important government and religion don't mix. One of the best things about our country is freedom of religion. If we let a given religion have reign over government a religion you don't like/don't agree with could be in charge some day. Best to keep it separate.

2012-08-04 19.25.54.jpg

Forum List

Back