In God We Trust

IF you need religion that's fine. I hope it helps you. I don't require it. I learned the teachings of Jesus when I was a kid and it stayed with me.

But please don't let your religious beliefs get involved in everyone's government.

Politics and religion are not compatible.

Are you still not providing a source for all that stuff you quoted?

Provide links or those posts need to go for plagiarization. You still have time to edit.

I'm sure you have links.

In GOD we trust

In the the United States and in the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!!

BLESS FOREVER!

You truly are an ignorant, moronic rightwing bigot – typical of most conservatives.

On the North Wall Frieze of the Supreme Court building you’ll find the image of Muhammad, who, as you might recall, is Muslim.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/northandsouthwalls.pdf

You'll also find the 10 Commandments right inside the front doors as well as other places.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

"James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.""

American History Ch. 7, Lesson 1, The Constitution Flashcards | Quizlet
What are you trying to say. trump is disqualified then right?
Which president did not break one of the commandments, dollface? I'll give you a hint: You and ten fully functional friends don't have enough fingers and toes between you to save any one of them. That's why the scripture says that "Like as a father, filled with compassion..." and you know the rest. He loves us all, forgives us for so little in return.
Keep your religion out then as the founders intended.
You cannot violate my First Amendment right to say what I believe in, which is the scriptures in the Bible. If that annoys you, reread Amendment 1 for comprehension, PLZ. THX.
Did I stop you from posting? Stop being a snowflake.

And "In God We Trust" was not a "thing" when the nation was founded.

It first appeared on a 2 cent piece in 1864 and was put on currency in 1956
Ever been to the Washington Monument begun in the George Washington Presidency, but finished years later? Ever read the Capstone, dollface? I'll share:

th
th

Laus Deo interprets to mean "Praise to God" in case you had forgotten.

Our Founders were grateful to a loving God that gave America the right to make its own laws to govern, so that people's needs here would be addressed and taken care of.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

- George Washington -

April 30th, 1789

SUNLIT UPLANDS: GEORGE WASHINGTON'S PRAYER FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
What God was he talking about?

Use your deductive reasoning to figure it out. Let's just see if you're capable of doing so. All the info you need is in the prayer. True story.
I've deduced that religion is not named in the constitution and should stay out of government. It's very important. I'm not free if I am forced to comply with anyone's religious doctrine.

And "In God We Trust" was not a "thing" when the nation was founded.

It first appeared on a 2 cent piece in 1864 and was put on currency in 1956
Ever been to the Washington Monument begun in the George Washington Presidency, but finished years later? Ever read the Capstone, dollface? I'll share:

th
th

Laus Deo interprets to mean "Praise to God" in case you had forgotten.

Our Founders were grateful to a loving God that gave America the right to make its own laws to govern, so that people's needs here would be addressed and taken care of.

He can't forget something he never knew.

You'll also find the 10 Commandments right inside the front doors as well as other places.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

"James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.""

American History Ch. 7, Lesson 1, The Constitution Flashcards | Quizlet
Which president did not break one of the commandments, dollface? I'll give you a hint: You and ten fully functional friends don't have enough fingers and toes between you to save any one of them. That's why the scripture says that "Like as a father, filled with compassion..." and you know the rest. He loves us all, forgives us for so little in return.
You cannot violate my First Amendment right to say what I believe in, which is the scriptures in the Bible. If that annoys you, reread Amendment 1 for comprehension, PLZ. THX.
With your foot fully in your mouth, you ordered me to keep my religion out. I responded by telling you that you don't have the right to violate my First Amendment rights. I am fully American and stand up to bullies as I was taught from the cradle of a proud family whose forbear came over on the Mayflower as well as the ones who were here to greet them with gifts of turkeys and pumpkins for their first Thanksgiving.. :muahaha:

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

- George Washington -

April 30th, 1789

Use your deductive reasoning to figure it out. Let's just see if you're capable of doing so. All the info you need is in the prayer. True story.
I've deduced that religion is not named in the constitution and should stay out of government. It's very important. I'm not free if I am forced to comply with anyone's religious doctrine.

You can't kill, steal or commit adultery without suffering consequences in America, sorry.

How oppressed does that make you feel?

Fuck every one of you that says your a "patriot" and believes in freedom if you think your religion has any place in government.

Fuck you too, prick. Take your ass someplace where they don't believe in that, bitch. Like China. Maybe Libya would be a good fit for you. Somalia is wide open I heard.

Mogadishu has the non-10 Commandments-based government you so desire.

Last edited:
With your foot fully in your mouth, you ordered me to keep my religion out. I responded by telling you that you don't have the right to violate my First Amendment rights. I am fully American and stand up to bullies as I was taught from the cradle of a proud family whose forbear came over on the Mayflower as well as the ones who were here to greet them with gifts of turkeys and pumpkins for their first Thanksgiving.. :muahaha:
I said out of government. Nice strawman dummy.

- George Washington -

April 30th, 1789

You said: I've deduced that religion is not named in the constitution and should stay out of government. It's very important. I'm not free if I am forced to comply with anyone's religious doctrine.
You didn't read Amendment I?
Very well, here it is:
First Amendment. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

Fuck every one of you that says your a "patriot" and believes in freedom if you think your religion has any place in government.

Fuck you too, prick. Take your ass someplace where they don't believe in that, bitch. Like China. Maybe Libya would be a good fit for you. Somalia is wide open I heard.
No I like the USA where we don't have religion in government like the founders intended.

No I like the USA where we don't have religion in government like the founders intended.

That's why Congress had church every Sunday in the Capitol building, right?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

"respecting" means "with respect to"..."having to do with"

That is a separation of Church and State. Has been as long as we have been a nation

- George Washington -

April 30th, 1789

You can't kill, steal or commit adultery without suffering consequences in America, sorry.

How oppressed does that make you feel?
Not at all, that's common sense, and religions tend to have good morals, they help some people, I'm not against them.

Just keep them out of government please.

I said out of government. Nice strawman dummy.
You said and I quote: Keep your religion out then as the founders intended.

They had no such intention. In fact, for 200 + years, a prayer began each and every day of each and every meeting of Congress in both houses.

Your intention is to change the founders' intention because you seem to hate 'religion,' which for many of us is the simple reading of scriptures and trying to live as best we can under their influence of our activities. We are also aware that we are often short of God's intentions, which is why we pray for ourselves and others who fall short of God's intentions, knowing fully well God alone is the judge, not we.

That's why Congress had church every Sunday in the Capitol building, right?
What law is that?

Forum List

Back