In God We Trust

This thread title is the official motto of the United States of America.
Rep.'s Tlaib and Omar were sworn into Congress using the Quran.
Does this mean that they were not duly sworn in as Congressional members?

Our official motto DOES NOT state that 'In Allah We Trust'.

Can someone please clear up this confusion?

Which god does the oath refer to?

You missed one. Damn, do atheists make the stupidest arguments about religion!

You also made a false equivocation: If tomorrow I declare worship and faith in "god of the wood nymph," does that mean my God has equal merit, validity and standing as does the God of the Bible, the Buddha, Krishna or Allah?

According to our constitution, it does.

Where does it say christian G-d? Allah is G-d to them.

Hack.

In 1956, Congress passed an act making 'In God We Trust' our official motto.
Shouldn't have Congress struck this act down before swearing in members on the Quran?
You truly are an ignorant, moronic rightwing bigot – typical of most conservatives.

On the North Wall Frieze of the Supreme Court building you’ll find the image of Muhammad, who, as you might recall, is Muslim.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/northandsouthwalls.pdf

You'll also find the 10 Commandments right inside the front doors as well as other places.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

"James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.""

American History Ch. 7, Lesson 1, The Constitution Flashcards | Quizlet
What are you trying to say. trump is disqualified then right?
Which president did not break one of the commandments, dollface? I'll give you a hint: You and ten fully functional friends don't have enough fingers and toes between you to save any one of them. That's why the scripture says that "Like as a father, filled with compassion..." and you know the rest. He loves us all, forgives us for so little in return.

Thou shalt have no other gods before
Me.

The Law of Moses or
The 10 Commandments

The motto is not a test. But it IS an affirmation to support the U.S. Constitution!

No. It is not an affirmation to support the U.S. Constitution. The constitution doesn't require belief in any god.

That may be, however, the traditions and mores and even laws of the USA are predicated on the belief in the one true God.

If any laws are predicated only on the belief in one god, they are unconstitutional.
iu

Name a law that is predicated only on belief in one god.

Shouldn't have Congress struck this act down before swearing in members on the Quran?
You truly are an ignorant, moronic rightwing bigot – typical of most conservatives.

On the North Wall Frieze of the Supreme Court building you’ll find the image of Muhammad, who, as you might recall, is Muslim.

You'll also find the 10 Commandments right inside the front doors as well as other places.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

"James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.""

Which president did not break one of the commandments, dollface? I'll give you a hint: You and ten fully functional friends don't have enough fingers and toes between you to save any one of them. That's why the scripture says that "Like as a father, filled with compassion..." and you know the rest. He loves us all, forgives us for so little in return.
Keep your religion out then as the founders intended.

Well, like the prophecies Say, people shall fall away From God and be lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God.
Still a moron. Fuck your god.
The last three words of your quote ensures your place in purgatory. Enjoy your stay!

Did your god assign you to make those decisions, or do you think he can deal with all that himself?
My God has said there is only one (1) unforgivable sin and that is to curse him. Sorry 'bout that.

And My god said your god is a pussy.

Ah! I see what you did there! You're having a little fun with Trump. Right?!

allah is The Great Deceiver as defined by The Koran itself.

He therefore cannot be God, because God cannot lie.

Where does it say christian G-d? Allah is G-d to them.

Hack.

The founders intended no such thing.

Let me guess, you learned History in a public school taught by an atheist leftist teacher.

Go and purchase the Book, God and Country.

It is full of quotes from The Founding Fathers that confirms they intended this to be a Christian Nation.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

People like you are not to be trusted, as you have no moral compass.

Sure I do. You don't have to be a religious nut to have a moral compass.

Oh? Upon what do you base it?

The same things morals have been based on throughout history. The same moral codes that were accepted throughout the mid east when Christianity decided to adopt them.

Do you have a list of these things, or are they highly vague and ambiguous?

You know, like The Ten Commandments which were carved in stone so dumbasses like you couldn't get it wrong, yet you do?

Do you have a defined standardized list of these non-God related moral rules or not? If not? The Ten Commandments it is.

Charlton Heston would agree.

The 10 commandments? We only go by 3 or 4, and most of the others would be unconstitutional to enforce. You gotta do better than that.

Who's "We"? You and the rat in your pocket?

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

Nothing in that post mentioned Trump. All of that stuff was wayyyy before Trump, but he did grow up under those traditions.

Do you have a valid point, or no?

No religious tests, its a cornerstone of our democracy.
The trumpkins spit on the constitution

I wish Ms. Brooks was here to slap you silly and put you in the corner with a dunce cap on for your butchery of English.

Here's a hint, fake lawyer Heeb leftist shill: Trump wasn't around in the Constitution writing days, dumbass. He wants to get back to adhering to it, as it should be, as he took an oath to. Problem?

I know you have a problem with The American Way, as you and your ancestors are most likely hardcore Marxists that fled from Russia in the Bolshevik days. I bet you don't attend Synagogue.

Last edited:

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

Ph? They did? And that's why "In God We Trust" is all over the place in DC, coins and papers struck in the US? And that's why in history everybody else placed their hand on the Bible when taking office? Well, what were the founders thinkin'? :rolleyes:

Brings up an interesting point in that Obama was a Muslim which makes his Oath of Office a lie.

I wish Ms. Brooks was here to slap you silly and put you in the corner with a dunce cap on for your butchery of English.

Here's a hint fake lawyer heeb leftist shill: Trump wasn't around in the Constitution writing days, dumbass. He wants to get back to adhering to it, as it should be, as he took an oath to. Problem?

I know you have a problem with The American Way, as you and your ancestors are most likely hardcore Marxists from the Bolshevik days. I bet you don't attend Synagogue.

I wish Ms. Brooks was here to slap you silly and put you in the corner with a dunce cap on for your butchery of English.[/ Brooks was quite the milf.

moses_supreme_court.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0044.jpg

Ph? They did? And that's why "In God We Trust" is all over the place in DC, coins and papers struck in the US? And that's why in history everybody else placed their hand on the Bible when taking office? Well, what were the founders thinkin'? :rolleyes:
Yes, in God. I believe there is a God. Not in religion.

Brings up an interesting point in that Obama was a Muslim which makes his Oath of Office a lie.

Here's a hint fake lawyer heeb leftist shill: Trump wasn't around in the Constitution writing days, dumbass. He wants to get back to adhering to it, as it should be, as he took an oath to. Problem?

I know you have a problem with The American Way, as you and your ancestors are most likely hardcore Marxists from the Bolshevik days. I bet you don't attend Synagogue.
He was born in Iraq right? lol

He was born in Iraq right? lol

Hurhurhurhur...you're a tard, seriously. El oh el.

Born in Iraq! Derp! Dederp! Dederp dederp dee doo!

iu

Last edited:

Forum List

Back