🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In Islam, why did Allah trick Jesus' followers into believing he was crucified?

... They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)...
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 4:157) ...

This wrote Uthman ibn Affan and his Clan when they standardarized the words of Mohamed? ... Hmm ... Is the original language of the Quran and the real meaning of this sentence reconstructable? I heard the arabian language of the Quran did not exist during the lifetime of Mohamed.

This is the view of a particular (and roundly criticized by his peers) scholar who wrote a book on the subject. Un/fortunately, the the Arabic of the Qur'an is still spoken to this day as Modern Standard Arabic and so we can compare its present state to its past form all the way back to the time the Qur'an was an oral record. To be totally honest, it's kind of like saying that Latin evolved from Dacian because Romanian nationalists say so.

Last edited:
This is the view of a particular scholar who wrote a book on the subject. Un/fortunately, the the Arabic of the Qur'an is still spoken to this day as Modern Standard Arabic and so we can compare its present state to its past form all the way back to the time the Qur'an was an oral record. To be totally honest, it's kind of like saying that Latin evolved from Dacian because Romanian nationalists say so.

The people around Rome (Latium) spoke Latin. This tribe belongs to other tribes of Italy. Latin belongs to the indo-germanic languages. Whatever. If the sense of this what's written in the Quran is not reconstructable, then I don't see a big sense in this book. For me it's very strange and often completly ununderstandable what's written there.

Last edited:
Why did Islam trick Muslims into believing that Mohammed was a better prophet than Jesus?

Forum List

Back