🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

Being armed isn't going to prevent shit from happening but it improves the odds that it can be stopped. Arguing absolutes makes no sense.

Well why would France want more guns? This attack on them was a terrible tragedy, but here in the US way more people die just in accidents from guns. The gun solution kills more than the problem. Here you can already carry if you want.

The point, Holmes, is you keep telling us if we follow your rules, criminals won't get guns. Yet in france, they followed your rules ... and the terrorists ... got guns ... The obvious, calling the clueless. Explain how your rules will work ... when they don't work ....

Well Holmes, I don't have any rules. So not entirely sure what you are talking about. But I'm sure if you looked at the number of people killed by guns in France it is still dramatically lower then here, even with this tragedy. So Holmes, I don't see why they would want more dead like us. We probably have more accidently killed by guns each year than France has intentionally killed.
Well Holmes, I don't have any rules. So not entirely sure what you are talking about.
He debates with himself.
I think he might even win one or two of them.

Being armed isn't going to prevent shit from happening but it improves the odds that it can be stopped. Arguing absolutes makes no sense.

Well why would France want more guns? This attack on them was a terrible tragedy, but here in the US way more people die just in accidents from guns. The gun solution kills more than the problem. Here you can already carry if you want.
I answered your question in the reply, asshole.

So they should add more accidental deaths to the terrorist deaths? More deaths is your answer?

The liberal media leads you by a nose ring
Well done.

They blow themselves up and shoot hundreds of people ... as a recruiting drive ... You are an intellectual powerhouse, Milton.

Oh, and why doe they want to recruit? To blow themselves up and shoot hundreds of people ...
You don't think that blundering into the Middle East with Western troops will play into their hands?
Didn't you learn anything from the Iraq debacle?

:wtf:

Um ... OK? What are you talking about? I oppose Iraq, I oppose Afghanistan, you support politicans who support them.

You are a completely new level of stupid...
What are you talking about?
Are you having trouble following the discussion?

You said I am for the wars, I"m not, moron. And you say I'm having trouble following the discussion. You're an imbecile. Obviously since you have to change my view to make your point, even you know ... you had no point ...

You want people in that stadium or shoulder-to-shoulder dimly lit concert to have returned fire? Having a weapon doesn't make you any safer if not well-trained in it's use. And since most aren't gonna be graduating Gunsite, you can expect a lot of panic-fire and friendly fire casualties.

You want people in that stadium or shoulder-to-shoulder dimly lit concert to have returned fire? Having a weapon doesn't make you any safer if not well-trained in it's use. And since most aren't gonna be graduating Gunsite, you can expect a lot of panic-fire and friendly fire casualties.

Yes, much safer with the shooting going one direction, well put. I see your point now.

And based on what are they "not well-trained?" Most gun owners are. Pointing a gun at someone shooting you and pulling the trigger's not very complicated either. Incredible you think you're safer when the only shots are coming at you

So they should add more accidental deaths to the terrorist deaths? More deaths is your answer?
No, they should dismiss you, like we have been here, for being the incompetant that you are.

No, they should dismiss you, like we have been here, for being the incompetant that you are.

So you want to ignore all the accidental shooting deaths. Of course.

Yes, much safer with the shooting going one direction, well put. I see your point now.

And based on what are they "not well-trained?" Most gun owners are. Pointing a gun at someone shooting you and pulling the trigger's not very complicated either. Incredible you think you're safer when the only shots are coming at you

There are like 17,000 people accidently shot each year, 500 deaths. That makes me question just how well trained they are. If that happens in no stress situations I hate to see them in a real chaotic gunfight.

There are like 17,000 people accidently shot each year, 500 deaths. That makes me question just how well trained they are. If that happens in no stress situations I hate to see them in a real chaotic gunfight.

Out of 300 million guns and 100 million gun owners, Holmes

On the other hand, there were 5.4 million automobile accidents and 33K deaths. You own a car?

On the other hand, there were 5.4 million automobile accidents and 33K deaths. You own a car?

So why would france want to add to their death count?

Seriously cars? Cars are used daily by most people. Most people don't own guns and those that do use them far less than daily. By the hour of use guns are way more dangerous.

Seriously cars? Cars are used daily by most people. Most people don't own guns and those that do use them far less than daily. By the hour of use guns are way more dangerous.

1/3 the country owns at least one gun, there are 3 one thousandths the accidents and 1.5% the accidental deaths. You turning on your brain?

Guns also save many lives and people from attackers, cars don't

1/3 the country owns at least one gun, there are 3 one thousandths the accidents and 1.5% the accidental deaths. You turning on your brain?

1/3 of households, only about 25% own a gun. Daily cars are used far more than gun. Go count cars at the interstate and then see how many come and go at the gun range. The numbers aren't even close. You'll see more traffic in 1 min than the range gets all day.

1/3 of households, only about 25% own a gun.

You weren't a math major, were you, Holmes?

Daily cars are used far more than gun. Go count cars at the interstate and then see how many come and go at the gun range. The numbers aren't even close. You'll see more traffic in 1 min than the range gets all day.

Right, and guns are 3 thousandth as likely to be involved in an accident, a tiny fraction. Or about 1/3 to you.

And cars are not made to shoot a projectile like guns are.

Daily cars are used far more than gun. Go count cars at the interstate and then see how many come and go at the gun range. The numbers aren't even close. You'll see more traffic in 1 min than the range gets all day.

Right, and guns are 3 thousandth as likely to be involved in an accident, a tiny fraction. Or about 1/3 to you.

You don't understand the difference between actual owners and households with a gun?

Cars are used millions of times more than guns. Guns are obviously far more dangerous.

C;mon people! Ge real. If the Ragheads aren't killing people with suicide bombers or guns they're attacking them with knives!

Shall we require everyone who owns a knife to register them?

You don't understand the difference between actual owners and households with a gun?

Cars are used millions of times more than guns. Guns are obviously far more dangerous.

millions of times more per gun? You're delusional

Absolutely. Like I said go count cars on the interstate. You will see more drivers in a minute than you will see go to the range all day. And there are a lot more interstates, highways, and streets than there are ranges.

Absolutely. Like I said go count cars on the interstate. You will see more drivers in a minute than you will see go to the range all day. And there are a lot more interstates, highways, and streets than there are ranges.

So what's with your obsession with getting rid of guns then? According to you, there are like 3 of them. Not a problem

So what's with your obsession with getting rid of guns then? According to you, there are like 3 of them. Not a problem

I have not suggested getting rid of guns. But I would not suggest france get more either.

Forum List

Back