In Retrial, Man Who Helped Run Border Wall Charity Is Convicted

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
We Build the Wall Inc. raised more than $25 million, claiming that all the money would go toward constructing a border barrier. Those promises were lies, said prosecutors with the United States attorney’s office, and on Friday a jury agreed, convicting Mr. Shea of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to launder money and falsification of documents.

The conviction ended a case that began in 2020 when Mr. Shea was arrested along with three other men who had prominent roles in We Build the Wall: the group’s president, an Air Force veteran named Brian Kolfage, who lost both legs and part of his right arm in Iraq and guaranteed that he would “not take a penny”; a Florida financier named Andrew Badolato; and Stephen K. Bannon, a former chief strategist for Mr. Trump.

Prosecutors said that all four schemed to secretly funnel money from We Build the Wall to themselves. Those funds, prosecutors added, ended up being used to pay hotel and credit card bills, to buy jewelry, a golf cart and a luxury SUV, and to purchase a truckload of Trump-themed energy drinks marketed as containing “liberal tears.”

By the time of the arrests of the four men, We Build the Wall’s website said the group had funded the creation of just under five miles of wall.

Mr. Kolfage pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and tax-related charges. Mr. Badolato pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy.

Mr. Bannon was spared a federal trial after he received a pardon from Mr. Trump during his last hours as president but is now facing a trial in state court. Last month, the Manhattan district attorney’s office unsealed an indictment charging Mr. Bannon with money laundering, conspiracy and scheming to defraud.

When Mr. Kolfage suggested creating a website to raise money, Mr. Shea replied “Yaaaass!” About a week later, he responded in another message to reports from Mr. Kolfage that donations were pouring in.

“I mean, people are crazy.” Mr. Shea wrote. “Who would throw money at something like this?
At Christmas time!”

Always check the bonifies of anything you think you might want to donate to.

Many you will find wanting.

That said I love the liberal tears energy drink thing.....I don't suspect the people who bought that cared where the money went.

4682676_0.jpg

R.6c1df92e8b01aa1251ef6795eea39e28

So they raised $25 mill from Americans & managed to build 5 miles of border wall.

The Clinton Foundation received $145 mill from Russian oligarchs to approve the sale of Uranium One, granting about 20% of US domestic capacity to a foreign adversary.

Will that get the same scrutiny considering it is much worse?

It's all based upon lies. The entire wall thing.

People want us to believe all we have to do is put a wall up around part of one border and presto, amazo, no one can get in.

"I'm having problems with deer getting into my corn. I was told that if I put a wall partially around one side of my farm it will keep the deer out".

So they raised $25 mill from Americans & managed to build 5 miles of border wall.

The Clinton Foundation received $145 mill from Russian oligarchs to approve the sale of Uranium One, granting about 20% of US domestic capacity to a foreign adversary.

Will that get the same scrutiny considering it is much worse?
20%of spent fuel.

This is the part of the article I found most interesting.............

When Mr. Kolfage suggested creating a website to raise money, Mr. Shea replied “Yaaaass!” About a week later, he responded in another message to reports from Mr. Kolfage that donations were pouring in.

“I mean, people are crazy.” Mr. Shea wrote. “Who would throw money at something like this? At Christmas time!”

So, they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and are now asking people to donate money to help them with their legal costs, the costs incurred from already defrauding them out of money.

No problem.................the kiddos don't need Christmas presents this year, the con artists who bilked a whole bunch of people out of a whole bunch of money need help with their legal fees.

I wonder what P.T. Barnum would say about this particular brand of sucker?

We Build the Wall Inc. raised more than $25 million, claiming that all the money would go toward constructing a border barrier. Those promises were lies, said prosecutors with the United States attorney’s office, and on Friday a jury agreed, convicting Mr. Shea of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to launder money and falsification of documents.

The conviction ended a case that began in 2020 when Mr. Shea was arrested along with three other men who had prominent roles in We Build the Wall: the group’s president, an Air Force veteran named Brian Kolfage, who lost both legs and part of his right arm in Iraq and guaranteed that he would “not take a penny”; a Florida financier named Andrew Badolato; and Stephen K. Bannon, a former chief strategist for Mr. Trump.

Prosecutors said that all four schemed to secretly funnel money from We Build the Wall to themselves. Those funds, prosecutors added, ended up being used to pay hotel and credit card bills, to buy jewelry, a golf cart and a luxury SUV, and to purchase a truckload of Trump-themed energy drinks marketed as containing “liberal tears.”

By the time of the arrests of the four men, We Build the Wall’s website said the group had funded the creation of just under five miles of wall.

Mr. Kolfage pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and tax-related charges. Mr. Badolato pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy.

Mr. Bannon was spared a federal trial after he received a pardon from Mr. Trump during his last hours as president but is now facing a trial in state court. Last month, the Manhattan district attorney’s office unsealed an indictment charging Mr. Bannon with money laundering, conspiracy and scheming to defraud.

“I mean, people are crazy.” Mr. Shea wrote. “Who would throw money at something like this?
At Christmas time!”

Good news! Thanks!

This is the part of the article I found most interesting.............

“I mean, people are crazy.” Mr. Shea wrote. “Who would throw money at something like this? At Christmas time!”

So, they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and are now asking people to donate money to help them with their legal costs, the costs incurred from already defrauding them out of money.

No problem.................the kiddos don't need Christmas presents this year, the con artists who bilked a whole bunch of people out of a whole bunch of money need help with their legal fees.

I wonder what P.T. Barnum would say about this particular brand of sucker?
They are born every day!

I believe I need to become a charlatan and steal from the mindless…

At Christmas time!”

Meanwhile, the women who run BLM have funded a lavish lifestyle and purchased multiple luxury homes by taking donated money out of the BLM till

You can just smell the sanctimony.

I do like the liberal tears thing. I wonder if they checked what was in it ? Knowing trump it was probably some piss he imported from china.

I think this needs investigating.

I repeated a repeat from poster Sailor, because.......
Well because, it encapsulates the whole zeitgeist of the TDS-phenomena. Trump Duped & Snookered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I wonder what P.T. Barnum would say about this particular brand of sucker?"
A TDS'r? A Trump Duped & Snookered?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the deal with the TDS'r, the Q-Kooks, the election-deniers, and the MAGA's --- people don't hate them.
People disrespect them.

Wearing those Q-Shirts, or their red MAGA hat is the same as wearing a "Kick Me" sign on their backs.

IMHO

Forum List

Back