In summary...

why wouldn't a plant absorb the CO2, like I said plant food.

Plants LOVE to absorb CO2. But we're talking about heat right now.

Water vapor evaporates.

Nope. It already did.
what heat?

The heat you mentioned here ->>>>>BTW, water vapor and clouds keep heat from escaping.
well clouds release water and that does help the plant grow. but I was asking what heat from CO2 that you mentioned.

well clouds release water and that does help the plant grow.

That is awesome! But we're talking about heat here.

but I was asking what heat from CO2 that you mentioned

It comes from the same place as the heat kept from escaping by water vapor.
heat is all over the world, works best when the suns rays are in your region. Add CO2 and water and damn, plants love to grow. You haven't answered what heat from CO2.

heat is all over the world, works best when the suns rays are in your region. Add CO2 and water and damn, plants love to grow.

You haven't answered what heat from CO2

From the Earth's surface. Have you forgotten what we're discussing on this thread?

Does the water vapor keep heat forever?
Or is it allowed to emit IR?

what heat?

The heat you mentioned here ->>>>>BTW, water vapor and clouds keep heat from escaping.
well clouds release water and that does help the plant grow. but I was asking what heat from CO2 that you mentioned.

heat is all over the world, works best when the suns rays are in your region. Add CO2 and water and damn, plants love to grow. You haven't answered what heat from CO2.

heat is all over the world, works best when the suns rays are in your region. Add CO2 and water and damn, plants love to grow.

From the Earth's surface. Have you forgotten what we're discussing on this thread?

yes we are. I stated that plants eat CO2. you asked what about the heat. I asked what heat?

yes we are. I stated that plants eat CO2. you asked what about the heat. I asked what heat?

Yes, I noticed you were avoiding questions about heat.

I agree you are. thanks. Yep wash rinse and repeat with you. I always feel cleaner.

I agree you are. thanks. Yep wash rinse and repeat with you. I always feel cleaner.

BTW, water vapor and clouds keep heat from escaping.

Does the water vapor keep the heat forever?
Or is it allowed to emit IR? LOL!

no, clouds form as warm air containing water vapor rises and cools at higher altitudes where the water condenses to the tiny droplets that make up clouds.

Okay, CO2 does not warm the planet. I can agree with that, depending on the definition of the verb 'to 'warm'. Does CO2 warm the atmosphere by intercepting certain bands of IR that react specifically to CO2? Remember, that energy would directly escape to space if CO2 was not present. It enters at the surface but does not all come out at the TOA. Where did the energy go, if not to warm the atmosphere?

the energy escapes to space either way...energy moves from warm to cool...it doesn't come back to the ground...that being the case, the energy absorbed by CO2 which is not transferred by convection (most energy exchanges) is moved along to space by the more rapid means of radiation...it is all moving out into space....not slowing down as evidenced by the lack of a hot spot...it is amazing that you still believe energy is slowing down even when it is clear that there is not hot spot...the inevitable fingerprint of energy movement as you believe it to be happening.

I'm not trying to trick you. I just want to know how you mentally deal with this conundrum.

Of course you are trying to trick him...you are willing to try and trick anyone so that you don't have to be wrong all by yourself...as if getting someone else to ride the crazy train with you makes it anything other than a crazy train.

no, clouds form as warm air containing water vapor rises and cools at higher altitudes where the water condenses to the tiny droplets that make up clouds.

Water vapor can absorb IR.
Is it allowed to emit IR?

Okay, CO2 does not warm the planet. I can agree with that, depending on the definition of the verb 'to 'warm'. Does CO2 warm the atmosphere by intercepting certain bands of IR that react specifically to CO2? Remember, that energy would directly escape to space if CO2 was not present. It enters at the surface but does not all come out at the TOA. Where did the energy go, if not to warm the atmosphere?

the energy escapes to space either way...energy moves from warm to cool...it doesn't come back to the ground...that being the case, the energy absorbed by CO2 which is not transferred by convection (most energy exchanges) is moved along to space by the more rapid means of radiation...it is all moving out into space....not slowing down as evidenced by the lack of a hot spot...it is amazing that you still believe energy is slowing down even when it is clear that there is not hot spot...the inevitable fingerprint of energy movement as you believe it to be happening.

I'm not trying to trick you. I just want to know how you mentally deal with this conundrum.

Of course you are trying to trick him...you are willing to try and trick anyone so that you don't have to be wrong all by yourself...as if getting someone else to ride the crazy train with you makes it anything other than a crazy train.

energy moves from warm to cool...it doesn't come back to the ground...

Smart photons iz smart!!

...it is amazing that you still believe energy is slowing down

Right. Moist air doesn't slow heat loss to space. DERP!

I stated no, water vapor will condense to form liquid water.

Water vapor never emits IR? That's an interesting claim.

Any backup?

Any backup?
why? does water vapor not turn into clouds? Clouds emit, yes.

Any backup?
why? does water vapor not turn into clouds? Clouds emit, yes.

Water vapor absorbs, but never emits?
Water vapor condenses into clouds and can finally emit?

How would it condense into water unless it lost heat? Wouldn't it do that by emitting IR?

I am having a hard time trying to follow your contortions.

CO2 specific IR enters the atmosphere at the surface, and only a small fraction comes out at the top. Where does the remaining energy go?

Please respond to this specific question.

CO2 specific IR enters the atmosphere at the surface, and only a small fraction comes out at the top. Where does the remaining energy go?

And precisely how much CO2 specific IR radiates from the surface?....no idea...right....you are simply assuming a number that supports what you believe...radiation plays the smallest part of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere ian...if the atmosphere had no radiative gasses, the planet would be warmer as convection would be the only means of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere.

And precisely how much CO2 specific IR radiates from the surface?....no idea...right....you are simply assuming a number that supports what you believe...radiation plays the smallest part of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere ian...if the atmosphere had no radiative gasses, the planet would be warmer as convection would be the only means of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere.

if the atmosphere had no radiative gasses, the planet would be warmer as convection would be the only means of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere.

Which is why desert areas are warmer at night than humid areas. DERP!

if the atmosphere had no radiative gasses, the planet would be warmer as convection would be the only means of transporting energy to the upper atmosphere.

Which is why desert areas are warmer at night than humid areas. DERP!
It is like talking to a 4 year old and it never ends with you. I suppose you think such comments sound good in your head and make you seem smart...deserts lack water vapor, which, unlike the rest of the so called greenhouse gasses, actually absorbs and retains heat....Water vapor doesn't hasten the movement of IR to the upper atmosphere because it absorbs and retains the heat...it is just that sort of stupidity that keeps me from paying much attention to what you write...one liners composed with the intellect of a 4 year old just aren't that interesting.

Forum List

Back