In the name of 'research'.......uh-huh

i understand you got your information from a rightwing blog. but did you bother linking to the university site?

An emphasis on individuals making sexual decisions that are right for them, including whether to use the information now or when married or in a serious relationship
Analysis of the messages women receive about their bodies and sexuality from media, religion, families, and elsewhere
Body image, and the links between "befriending your body" and experiencing physical pleasure
An opportunity to talk openly in small groups during part of the program

i fail to see anything wrong with the above.

if it offends you, don't attend.

i understand you got your information from a rightwing blog. but did you bother linking to the university site?

An emphasis on individuals making sexual decisions that are right for them, including whether to use the information now or when married or in a serious relationship
Analysis of the messages women receive about their bodies and sexuality from media, religion, families, and elsewhere
Body image, and the links between "befriending your body" and experiencing physical pleasure

Just thankful its reserved to university and not high schools.
Could cause some 'statutory' problems for instructors.:shock:

Just thankful its reserved to university and not high schools.
Could cause some 'statutory' problems for instructors.:shock:

i was 16 when i graduated high school.

but the instructors aren't having sex with their students. i pointed out what the lecture addresses. i don't have a problem with any of those things. i suppose raising questions about it is fair, but again, why would the lecture, as i outlined it above (which is the actual program) be problematic for you?

There's a link in the article....

i know... i looked at the rightwing blog article. that's how i found the actual lecture description which i posted above.

my question is based on the actual description of the lecture. not what the rightwing blogosphere says it is. and my quote came from the link.

so i reiterate, what's the problem with the lecture?

After reading the link from the article in linked in the OP, as Jillian did, I am confused why it would be controversial.

But then I have always considered a university as a place people go to learn, and it would seem to me that this is learning. Nowhere do I see any indication it is anything more than any other university class.

Seems our educators could serve the public better by encouraging money management and finance rather than the frequency and intensity of a woman's orgasm.
Alas, learning the latter is more fun than the former.
Now if there was a correlation to committed marriages and a lower divorce rate, they may be onto something. :)

i know... i looked at the rightwing blog article. that's how i found the actual lecture description which i posted above.

my question is based on the actual description of the lecture. not what the rightwing blogosphere says it is. and my quote came from the link.

so i reiterate, what's the problem with the lecture?

None for me.. I'm certainly not going. But on the other hand, it sounds pretty ridiculous.. but hey... it's a free country.

"If they have time for this, they are not challenged enough"

This is definitely part of the problem.. a lot of people are getting an education for the sake of getting an education.. rather than for the purpose of obtaining gainful employment. This is why you have all these kids getting out of college with philosophy degrees and then wondering why they're stuck at Starbucks... and now they want their student loans forgiven.

Seems our educators could serve the public better by encouraging money management and fiance rather than the frequency and intensity of a woman's orgasm.
Now if there was a correlation to committed marriages and a lower divorce rate, they may be onto something. :)

i'm going to guess you didn't go to university.

they tend to offer different things. one doesn't preclude the other. and it's not like you're pointing to anything that would indicate anything is neglected for one fun lecture.

if i read you correctly, you are saying they should only teach what *you* want them to?

on the other hand, if they teach money management, perhaps rightwingers would learn that cutting taxes while running two wars leads to huge deficits.

:thup:

now instead of being dishonest, why don't you just say you don't like the topic?

at least then the issue of why you hate the topic would be addressed.

or do you only want to discuss this with people who say "oh yes, how terrible, they used the word orgasm'... the ho's.

It's one class that I highly doubt it is a requirement for any degree. If someone wants to learn about body image and sexuality instead of pottery or art, or any of the other 101 random classes you can take, then let them. It's their money and their time.

It's one class that I highly doubt it is a requirement for any degree. If someone wants to learn about body image and sexuality instead of pottery or art, or any of the other 101 random classes you can take, then let them. It's their money and their time.

Yep. However, if I was paying my childs tuition, I woudl be pissed!

"If they have time for this, they are not challenged enough"

meh... they do a lot of things in college to keep their students amused.

i remember seeing the film "Pink Flamingos" in the lecture hall at SUNY B. It was the grossest film ever made.

which most of us didn't know when we went to see it.

but it wasn't a big deal. we also saw The Cabinet of Dr Caligeri. *shrug*

After reading the link from the article in linked in the OP, as Jillian did, I am confused why it would be controversial.

But then I have always considered a university as a place people go to learn, and it would seem to me that this is learning. Nowhere do I see any indication it is anything more than any other university class.

that's pretty much how i saw it.

Seems our educators could serve the public better by encouraging money management and fiance rather than the frequency and intensity of a woman's orgasm.

i'm going to guess you didn't go to university.

they tend to offer different things. one doesn't preclude the other. and it's not like you're pointing to anything that would indicate anything is neglected for one fun lecture.

if i read you correctly, you are saying they should only teach what *you* want them to?

on the other hand, if they teach money management, perhaps rightwingers would learn that cutting taxes while running two wars leads to huge deficits.

:thup:

now instead of being dishonest, why don't you just say you don't like the topic?

at least then the issue of why you hate the topic would be addressed.

or do you only want to discuss this with people who say "oh yes, how terrible, they used the word orgasm'... the ho's.
Actually, I DID go to university, full time while working full time.
So that means I PAID for it myself(no loans) and didn't have time for fluff classes like the aforementioned.
If one wishes to take personal enrichment classes as opposed to getting an education to make them employable I don't want to hear any whining about flipping burgers at McDonald's.

Yep. However, if I was paying my childs tuition, I woudl be pissed!

why?

it wouldn't keep them from taking core courses and they'd still have to do the required courseload.

Forum List

Back