"Income Inequality": So What?

uh-uh. No dice. This is what the Nimrod said originally: "Inequality comes about because some people are smarter and work harder than other people."

So the inequality between the cop on $50,000 a year working 60 hours a week to serve his community in a dangerous job versus the Wall St high-flyer on a base salary of $250,000 plus massive bonuses who strives to make money and damn the consequences is because the high flyer is 'smarter' and works 'harder'? Is that what you are telling me?

I think what the fake Rabbi is trying to say, but doing a piss-poor job of doing, is that there are some lazy fucks out there doing dead end jobs. That might be true. But if he thinks that this is the income equality we are talking about, and that it is the norm, then he just reinforces the opinion I have of his debating skills - ie, not much..

Lets not compare apples to oranges.
There is no correlation between public and private sector work.
I have friends who are both current and retired police and firefighters.
They don't work 60 hour weeks. If they work OT, they get paid OT. The retired cop would work private security for $50 per hour.
My friend in NY has a brother in law who is a retired PO. He made $75 per hour doing security for wealthy people.
The firefighter works on the side training other new FF's.
Let's look at private sector work. Yes, if a guy goes and gets his degree and has the skills and intelligence to perform in a job that helps others make money( Including those public employees who's pension fund is invested for them so that it grows) why yes, he or she has done his job well enough to make his employer a larger profit and thus earns his compensation.
Dialing it down....Two people start in the plumbing field as helpers. One learns at a much faster pace than the other. He decides to go to trade school to learn all he can about not only the skill part but the business part as well. The other is content to being just a helper.
The owner of the plumbing Co. is naturally going to compensate the first guy at a MUCH higher rate.
That's the way it works. That's the way it ALWAYS SHOULD work.
The guy who decided to educate himself and improve his skills is smarter and more ambitious that his co-worker. Period done end of story.
Skill, knowledge and achievement equals higher compensation.

Hold on a sec - now there are caveats being put on the argument? You can't compare a to b because one is public sector and the other not?

You see, the argument is never simple, thus my dismissive attitude towards the fake Rabbi. He makes simple analogies with no thought into what he is saying - thus the dumb, stupid post of his.

There are plenty of very hard working public and private sector employees who don't get paid well - some who are very highly skilled. My sister in law is one such person....very highly skilled, but gets just above average wage, works 80 hour weeks sometimes. That is her choice for sure because she loves the job. But is certainly puts paid to the fake Rabbi's pathetic argument that anybody who is earning more than her is smarter or more educated or works harder than her....
Two separate examples. One where the worker uses his mind for his work. The other works a skilled trade with his hands.
In no way did I compare a private sector worker to one in the public sector.
Hard work is not the only criteria by which one is compensated. Just because a person who works for the City collecting garbage busts his ass does not mean he is entitled to any higher wage than cost of living and for any other labor intensive job.
By the same token just because that plumber's helper busts his ass does not mean he is any more valuable to the employer than the limits of his skills and his ability to produce revenue for the employer.
In other words, the helper can work hard for 10 years and he will never exceed a certain level of compensation because his position in the company generates a limited amount of revenue, if that. In fact most labor COSTS business money. General labor is employed usually so the skilled people can do skilled work and the low level people with no skills do the grunt work. It is what it is.

uh-uh. No dice. This is what the Nimrod said originally: "Inequality comes about because some people are smarter and work harder than other people."

So the inequality between the cop on $50,000 a year working 60 hours a week to serve his community in a dangerous job versus the Wall St high-flyer on a base salary of $250,000 plus massive bonuses who strives to make money and damn the consequences is because the high flyer is 'smarter' and works 'harder'? Is that what you are telling me?

I think what the fake Rabbi is trying to say, but doing a piss-poor job of doing, is that there are some lazy fucks out there doing dead end jobs. That might be true. But if he thinks that this is the income equality we are talking about, and that it is the norm, then he just reinforces the opinion I have of his debating skills - ie, not much..

They don't work 60 hour weeks. If they work OT, they get paid OT. The retired cop would work private security for $50 per hour.
My friend in NY has a brother in law who is a retired PO. He made $75 per hour doing security for wealthy people.
Let's look at private sector work. Yes, if a guy goes and gets his degree and has the skills and intelligence to perform in a job that helps others make money( Including those public employees who's pension fund is invested for them so that it grows) why yes, he or she has done his job well enough to make his employer a larger profit and thus earns his compensation.
Dialing it down....Two people start in the plumbing field as helpers. One learns at a much faster pace than the other. He decides to go to trade school to learn all he can about not only the skill part but the business part as well. The other is content to being just a helper.
The owner of the plumbing Co. is naturally going to compensate the first guy at a MUCH higher rate.
The guy who decided to educate himself and improve his skills is smarter and more ambitious that his co-worker. Period done end of story.

Hold on a sec - now there are caveats being put on the argument? You can't compare a to b because one is public sector and the other not?

You see, the argument is never simple, thus my dismissive attitude towards the fake Rabbi. He makes simple analogies with no thought into what he is saying - thus the dumb, stupid post of his.

There are plenty of very hard working public and private sector employees who don't get paid well - some who are very highly skilled. My sister in law is one such person....very highly skilled, but gets just above average wage, works 80 hour weeks sometimes. That is her choice for sure because she loves the job. But is certainly puts paid to the fake Rabbi's pathetic argument that anybody who is earning more than her is smarter or more educated or works harder than her....
If your sister in law is working 80 hour weeks, she is entitled to overtime wages.
And if she is as highly skilled as you claim and she considers herself underpaid, she should look elsewhere for work.
Problem is ,she and many other public workers feel trapped...Or like the medical bennies and pensions plus as many as 15 paid holidays( depending on location) to quit their job.
Look, no one is "underpaid"...That is a concept that is borne of frustration by people who hate their jobs say their employer is keeping them down or is screwing them.
Newsflash...Indentured servitude was outlawed over 200 years ago. In other words we all have choices.

It IS a reason...And it THE MAIN REASON.
Don't try this crap about luck or winning the lottery of life.

Like yours are anything to brag about.
How did the guy on Wall St get his job? You know there is keen competition for such jobs, right. They don't just hire people out of high school. You have to have gone to certain schools, majored in certain subjects, excelled while you were there. And once you get hired you get fired if you screw up, unlike civil service. So if the wall st guy didnt do all the right things he'd be an ex wall st guy.
The cop probably finished high school and never went on to college. Being a cop was likely the best alternative he had, possibly after getting out of the military.
You tell me which one worked harder, and which one was smarter to get into the position he got. You're such a genius it shouldn't be hard.

Income inequality means _________.

(a) That different people do not earn the same amounts?

(b) That there is a gap between what the richest guys make and what the poorer guys make?

(c) something else altogether.

You are debating. We are presenting the facts .

He isn't doing either. He's emoting and spouting off and posting bullshit. All he can manage because his brain is the size of a walnut.

If your sister in law is working 80 hour weeks, she is entitled to overtime wages.
And if she is as highly skilled as you claim and she considers herself underpaid, she should look elsewhere for work.
Problem is ,she and many other public workers feel trapped...Or like the medical bennies and pensions plus as many as 15 paid holidays( depending on location) to quit their job.
Look, no one is "underpaid"...That is a concept that is borne of frustration by people who hate their jobs say their employer is keeping them down or is screwing them.
Newsflash...Indentured servitude was outlawed over 200 years ago. In other words we all have choices.

Dr Fuck just killed his own argument. The money isn't so important to his sister in law.

Dr Fuck just killed his own argument. The money isn't so important to his sister in law.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..I thought Ruth Westheimer was "Dr. Fuck"...!!!!
All kidding aside. Yer spot on. He contradicted himself.

(b) That there is a gap between what the richest guys make and what the poorer guys make?

income inequality means a broader and broader gap between those at the high end of the spectrum and those at the low end.

i'd direct your attention to banana republics where armed guards and barbed wire protect upper class housing and the wealthy get kidnapped ... like in peru, columbia, other latin american countries, if you want to know how well that works for a society.

over the past 20 years, the top 1% have increased their wealth dramatically, while the rest of the population has flatlined or lost ground.

income inequality means a broader and broader gap between those at the high end of the spectrum and those at the low end.

i'd direct your attention to banana republics where armed guards and barbed wire protect upper class housing and the wealthy get kidnapped ... like in peru, columbia, other latin american countries, if you want to know how well that works for a society.

over the past 20 years, the top 1% have increased their wealth dramatically, while the rest of the population has flatlined or lost ground.

So YOUR definition is "b" sorta kinda. But with some additional spin.

I don't see any support for YOUR definition, but let's run with it for now.

The Sin of income inequality consists of a broad and broadening income gap.

Ok. IF that's the case:

(1) what are the consequences?

(2) How do we know what the consequences of this are? Proof?

(3) What is the proposed cure?

Your point? Your solution?...
Don't reply with 'taxation'...That's not gonna fly. And it solves nothing. Just gives an already wasteful government more money to waste.

Oh...Since you are on board with income gaps, you go to your boss and demand he give away part of his income. And yours while you're at it.

So YOUR definition is "b" sorta kinda. But with some additional spin.

I don't see any support for YOUR definition, but let's run with it for now.

The Sin of income inequality consists of a broad and broadening income gap.

Ok. IF that's the case:

(1) what are the consequences?

(2) How do we know what the consequences of this are? Proof?

(3) What is the proposed cure?

It's grossly dishonest to compare income inequality in the US with south America. For starters, the inequality in SA is largely due to crony capitalism and over regulation by the gov't for the benefit of some families. That is not the situation here. Yet. Here, people make money because they are good at it. And those in the top wealth brackets change frequently. A list of the Forbes 400 from 20 years ago would show a lot of difference from today.

Oh...Since you are on board with income gaps, you go to your boss and demand he give away part of his income. And yours while you're at it.

You dont make money being a professional nag.

Two separate examples. One where the worker uses his mind for his work. The other works a skilled trade with his hands.
In no way did I compare a private sector worker to one in the public sector.
Hard work is not the only criteria by which one is compensated. Just because a person who works for the City collecting garbage busts his ass does not mean he is entitled to any higher wage than cost of living and for any other labor intensive job.
By the same token just because that plumber's helper busts his ass does not mean he is any more valuable to the employer than the limits of his skills and his ability to produce revenue for the employer.
In other words, the helper can work hard for 10 years and he will never exceed a certain level of compensation because his position in the company generates a limited amount of revenue, if that. In fact most labor COSTS business money. General labor is employed usually so the skilled people can do skilled work and the low level people with no skills do the grunt work. It is what it is.

Spoon, we are debating different things. I agree with most of what you are saying.

Rabbi the Nimrod is saying that there is inequity in pay because some people are stupid and deserve what they get, which is clearly not the case. You know this, right?

[quo

Her penal rates are built into her salary, but that is not even my point. For some reason you seem to think it is. If you look at my original argument I take issue with Rabbi the Nimrod and his pathetic "argument' of why there is inequity amongst people's salaries. He thinks it has to do with IQ, when all he has proved with his 'argument' is that he is reinforcing something I've always thought - his is very low...

You are debating. We are presenting the facts .

What facts? My sister in law who is at the top of her profession is stupid because somebody on Wall St gets paid more than her? That she is stupid because while the investment banks were getting TARP money to save their arses, the executives who ran these banks were still getting their 'performance-based' bonuses because they deserved them - because according Rabbi the Nimrod my sister-in-law is dumber than them (I mean that is his argument - she gets a lot less pay than them because she must be dumber - never mind she was her school Dux - that's valedictorian in US speak - and was in the top five percent at medical school)? Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:

No, you're arguing something different from what I am...I expect the Rabbi to do that because I've seen dog turd show more signs of intelligence than him. However, I expect better from you...even if you are wrong...

Last edited:

No, you're arguing something different from what I am...I expect the Rabbi to do that because I've seen dog turd show more signs of intelligence than him. However, I expect better from you...even if you are wrong...

No, dumbshit. You gave it away. Your sister in law doesnt care about the money. The job satisfaction is her "pay" not the dollars she brings home. So in a sense if you consider "total compensation" to include job satisfaction she is well paid. And as you say she works very hard. Yet another example of hard work yielding high "pay".

The number one welfare program in the USA is the MILITARY.

The primary benefactors of that largess are the corporations that supply that welfare system.

Works that way in the public sector too

Forum List

Back