"Income Inequality": So What?

I cannot believe this mouthbreathing imbecile is JUST NOW finding out that the US Census Bureau does an annual report on poverty, and feels it's too difficult to locate that data without being provided a specific link. No doubt he also expects that link to connect to large pictures drawn in crayon, as well.

True. He must love reading Shaman's posts.

Among the few things around here he can actually puzzle out the meaning of, I'm sure. Which is interesting, since intelligent, sane people find no meaning in Shaman's posts at all. :eusa_eh:

True again. I've had Shaman on 'ignore' for a while now and don't miss it for a minute.

"Income Inequality" has been the most often-heard catchphrase for today's Progressives...

WRONG!!!

I'm no great fan of all things progressive, or of most Progressives, but I'll rise to their defense here. Income inequality as a term, as you spin it, looks nothing like the term used by most credible and reasonable people.

The wealth gap. The income of the highest-paid Americans has soared while the income of the rest of Americans has grown little. The widening gap is cause for concern in all economic systems, but especially the economic system of a Capitalist Democracy, because killing off the middle class will make America a banana republic.

To have a middle class, there cannot be too wide a gap between those at the top and the rest of society, for when that happens there is just the wealthy and the struggling: the haves and the have nots.

America in the late 19th and early 20th centuries was not so great a place to live for most Americans and immigrants, pre-FDR. Anyone who wants to argue that is welcome to have their butts kicked and handed to them on a plate of crow.

In every place this argument was used to wrestle power from those that had it, the wealth shifted from those that worked for it, and were willing to fight for it to an "elite intellectual ruling class" (of if you prefer: dictator and henchmen). Only by applying the laws by the gov't EQUALLY, does everyone have a chance of achieving wealth of their own. The taxes being proposed by the Charles Manson come lately in the White House is about PREVENTING those that are WORKING from being able to keep the money they are earning. It does not hurt Charlie's friends out there, they already have accumulated their wealth and have it sheltered from the tax man.
The tax system is a con being pulled over on the citizen that the gov't is "after" the wealthy. It simply makes the "poor" and the "middle class" poorer. It has little to no affect on the "wealthy", but it prevents the rest of us from ever getting there.
The capital gains tax, is a tax that is targeting those that invested in their own retirement. Now those retirements will be taxed at a higher rate (leaving less money for those on a fixed income to live). Those that live with envy as their primary emotion are easily manipulated by the politicians that are determined to become the "ruling class" and subjugating the rest of us. And those that think they are soooo smart supporting the people "in power" are too stupid to see they are Charlie Manson's "Shorty" (he was eliminated when he wasn't needed any more). Charlie is calling, go on, line up for the brain washing!

These supposed explanations crack me up. It's always the same song and dance bs, envy, etc. and no real substance.

Next!

True. He must love reading Shaman's posts.

Among the few things around here he can actually puzzle out the meaning of, I'm sure. Which is interesting, since intelligent, sane people find no meaning in Shaman's posts at all. :eusa_eh:

True again. I've had Shaman on 'ignore' for a while now and don't miss it for a minute.

I bet you and folks like you are a salesman's best friend, and will buy anything. Of course the wealthy are going to try and fool fools like you into buying anything that supports their belief and the status quo, no matter how far out there it is. Many of the wealthy are a privileged minority, driven by simple unadulterated GREED and no different than hoarders of trinkets and such. They are in a full fledged assault on scamming anyone middle class or poor who will swallow what it is they are selling, be it advice, a product, or service.

Just because you and your ilk buy into their bs/crap does not make you intelligent, smart, or anything near it. In fact, you and your ilk are schmuck's who are helping those who are crooked.

The fact remains, major income inequality exists moreso than ever in the history of this country and has not been proven false by ALL the bs spewed by you blind con followers.

The fact also remains, that giving tax cuts to the wealthy has done nothing to help the average "real working" joe/jane or to create jobs. It has done the exact opposite. The proof is in the puddin! Instead it has helped to make this sham of an economy what it is today.

Obama has not increased taxes. In fact, he has been forced by the con's who control the house to extend the tax cuts for the wealthy that scam artist bush enacted, which have not worked and will never work no matter how low they may go. How much more proof do you need to wake tfu?

Last edited:

I bet you and folks like you are a salesman's best friend, and will buy anything. Of course the wealthy are going to try and fool fools like you into buying anything that supports their belief and the status quo, no matter how far out there it is. Many of the wealthy are a privileged minority, driven by simple unadulterated GREED and no different than hoarders of trinkets and such. They are in a full fledged assault on scamming anyone middle class or poor who will swallow what it is they are selling, be it advice, a product, or service.

Just because you and your ilk buy into their bs/crap does not make you intelligent, smart, or anything near it. In fact, you and your ilk are schmuck's who are helping those who are crooked.

The fact remains, major income inequality exists moreso than ever in the history of this country and has not been proven false by ALL the bs spewed by you blind con followers.

The fact also remains, that giving tax cuts to the wealthy has done nothing to help the average "real working" joe/jane or to create jobs. It has done the exact opposite. The proof is in the puddin! Instead it has helped to make this sham of an economy what it is today.

Obama has not increased taxes. In fact, he has been forced by the con's who control the house to extend the tax cuts for the wealthy that scam artist bush enacted, which have not worked and will never work no matter how low they may go. How much more proof do you need to wake tfu?
Yes.....The US Census Bureau is full of shit..
Of course it is. Because the stats don't fit the liberal template.
Since you have been long on complaining. How about a solution. What's your best idea.
And don't say increase taxes. Tell you why...No society in modern history has ever been able to tax itself into prosperity.
Higher taxes hurt EVERYONE.
If you believe soaking the wealthy will solve all of your problems, you're living in a parallel universe.
That additional confiscation WILL find it's way to the very people you want to enrich off the backs of the producers.
Let's say for a moment you are correct. The wealthy are sitting on cash. The why is not pertinent for purposes of this post. Would it not be logical to assume that when those who have wealth in preparation of higher taxes, would not stash as much of their wealth as possible?
Is it your assumption that the federal government give itself broad and far reaching powers to go into bank accounts and investment accounts and take what it wishes?
The best way to crush an economy is to have government run the economy.

Yes. We must have 4 more years of Dear Leader the Marxist. The guy who believes Central Planning and an all encompassing government can pave the way to absolute equality of outcome.

I have two objections to "income inequality" as it is in our country today.

One is, its almost impossible to change your own situation. I'm fairly well off and I earned every cent but that's only because I started saving and investing very young. We don't teach our kids how to do that.

Second, because Rs do so much business off shore, that money does very little to help our own country. As we all know, we've been lied to about the so-called "job creators". for the most part, its the small businesses that do the hiring, not the one percent.

The exception to that, such as wal mart, hires a lot of people but the pay is crap.

Walmart Heirs Worth Same Amount As Bottom 40 Percent Of Americans In 2010: Analysis

President Obama's tax breaks for individuals, small businesses and the tax breaks the health care bill gives us help the real job creators.

"Its almost impossible to change your own situation."

Bullshit. Phony, lying, crap. People are proving that it is nonsense every day of the week. It is happening mainly in the immigrant community (though pointedly NOT the Mexican immigrant community), where people who can barely speak English are opening pizza shops, spas, landscaping businesses, painting businesses - anything that can be run with little more than a willingness to work hard.

And their children are STRONGLY encouraged to take advantage of the FREE education you can get here, make the most of it, and go on to higher education and the "learned professions."

Most people born here are blind to it - look at the resentment in Harlem for the Korean grocers, etc. - but the opportunities remain.

The formula is as simple as it is old: Stay in school as long as you can, learn something that has economic value (not "Ethnic Studies," for Christ's sake), work hard, save your money, get married, don't have kids until you are married and can afford them, DEFER GRATIFICATION (!)

None of the kids who grew up in my neighborhood got A DIME from their parents when it came to college - there simply was not enough money to go around - but most of us got college educations (and more), and are well into the economic middle class.

And today's absurdly high cost of college education is a red herring. It is still possible to get a degree without a mountain of debt, and besides, most fortunes are not made through "book learning," but rather through hard work and intelligent risk-taking. For every millionaire who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, there is more than one who started with nothing or next to nothing.

The futility of hard work is one of the Big Lies; LOSERS keep saying it because it justifies their lack of effort and accomplishment. But it is bullshit.

Bullshit. Phony, lying, crap. People are proving that it is nonsense every day of the week. It is happening mainly in the immigrant community (though pointedly NOT the Mexican immigrant community), where people who can barely speak English are opening pizza shops, spas, landscaping businesses, painting businesses - anything that can be run with little more than a willingness to work hard.

And their children are STRONGLY encouraged to take advantage of the FREE education you can get here, make the most of it, and go on to higher education and the "learned professions."

Most people born here are blind to it - look at the resentment in Harlem for the Korean grocers, etc. - but the opportunities remain.
J
The formula is as simple as it is old: Stay in school as long as you can, learn something that has economic value (not "Ethnic Studies," for Christ's sake), work hard, save your money, get married, don't have kids until you are married and can afford them, DEFER GRATIFICATION (!)

None of the kids who grew up in my neighborhood got A DIME from their parents when it came to college - there simply was not enough money to go around - but most of us got college educations (and more), and are well into the economic middle class.

And today's absurdly high cost of college education is a red herring. It is still possible to get a degree without a mountain of debt, and besides, most fortunes are not made through "book learning," but rather through hard work and intelligent risk-taking. For every millionaire who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, there is more than one who started with nothing or next to nothing.

The futility of hard work is one of the Big Lies; LOSERS keep saying it because it justifies their lack of effort and accomplishment. But it is bullshit.

How right you are! I have worked with many Koreans and Chinese who have moved on and started their own businesses. They do by putting the hours needed into building it. They work, save their money, and invest it wisely. The entire family pitches in and works. They feel privileged to have opportunities here that they do not have in their native countries. The entitled masses of slime calling themselves Americans...not so much.

The immigrants are given low interest loans to buy business they can run tax free for 5 years, they then sell said business to their brother and it starts all over...there are no such programs to help American citizens.

When you grew up, the mw bought more and college cost less. Try doing it today...when mw can't even put a roof over your head.

You ever figure out what the US Census Bureau does, or where I'm "hiding" their website on the Internet, shitforbrains? If not, you need to shut the fuck up and get back to work on it.

The immigrants that are in my family (Italian) got no loans from anybody, other than the normal loan for a pickup truck or two. They saved their money for landscaping tools and started small. Others got jobs as tailors and eventually opened their own tailor shops (which then expanded to formal wear). A couple of brothers worked and saved until they had enough money to buy used pizza ovens, then rented a storefront and opened their first pizza shop.

All done on a shoestring.

This "low-interest loans for immigrants" story is again just a rationalization for not being industrious enough to do it yourself.

I've seen more instances of minorities taking advantage of low interest "DBE" small business loans, then running the business into the ground because they had little invested in it.

I personally have taken the American easy way out. I went to college and grad school and have been an "employee" all my working life. Most of my immigrant cousins and in-laws, lacking even a legitimate high school education, could write a check and buy me out totally today.

Bully for them. They earned everything they have.

The immigrants are given low interest loans to buy business they can run tax free for 5 years, they then sell said business to their brother and it starts all over...there are no such programs to help American citizens.

When you grew up, the mw bought more and college cost less. Try doing it today...when mw can't even put a roof over your head.

I have a similar story. I worked in an electronics sweatshop back in '82 when the Laotian boat people were immigrating. They employed a bunch of them there and what used to chafe me was that they'd be the ones driving the Trans Ams when I had a 10 year old Ford Galaxie - all because of government subsidies.

Yes.....The US Census Bureau is full of shit..
Of course it is. Because the stats don't fit the liberal template.
Since you have been long on complaining. How about a solution. What's your best idea.
And don't say increase taxes. Tell you why...No society in modern history has ever been able to tax itself into prosperity.
Higher taxes hurt EVERYONE.
If you believe soaking the wealthy will solve all of your problems, you're living in a parallel universe.
That additional confiscation WILL find it's way to the very people you want to enrich off the backs of the producers.
Let's say for a moment you are correct. The wealthy are sitting on cash. The why is not pertinent for purposes of this post. Would it not be logical to assume that when those who have wealth in preparation of higher taxes, would not stash as much of their wealth as possible?
Is it your assumption that the federal government give itself broad and far reaching powers to go into bank accounts and investment accounts and take what it wishes?
The best way to crush an economy is to have government run the economy.

I never claimed that of the US Census. Do you not know how to read? I did call cecilie1210's figures/claims he/she listed that is not based on US Census data, nor did the bs he listed come from the US Census data.

Taxes are necessary, get used to it.

No raising the wealthy's taxes is not soaking them and it would be a good start in cutting the deficit. In comparison, raising taxes on those with meager earnings is soaking them, but that SHOULD be obvious to anyone with even a half a brain cell. It's also better than raising the deficit which is what your con budz love to do while at the same time pretending they are conservative. If that's true why then has ever con pres since and including reagan raised the deficit far greater than any dem?

The rest of your tripe isn't worth a response, but I would suggest you become more educated before trying to come across as some now-it-all - which you ain't.

Last edited:

You ever figure out what the US Census Bureau does, or where I'm "hiding" their website on the Internet, shitforbrains? If not, you need to shut the fuck up and get back to work on it.

Still taking the low road I see. lol:lol: If I were a betting man, I'd bet my bottom dollar you have NEVER admitted to being wrong about a f'n thing ever. Now run along child!

Last edited:
Inequality comes about because some people are smarter and work harder than other people. Period.

In your dreams maybe![/QUOTE

No dear heart, not in my dreams, but in the real world where you obviously do not live.

Maybe the leaders ought to lead by example then, cause I could easily run circles around their worthless asses. My bet would be more people get up the ladder due to connections, nepotism, family inside tips, etc. not so much working harder or smarter. Luck likely plays a part too!

Last edited:

Yes. We must have 4 more years of Dear Leader the Marxist. The guy who believes Central Planning and an all encompassing government can pave the way to absolute equality of outcome.

Based on what! Sheesh this is like whack-a-mole:badgrin:

One is, its almost impossible to change your own situation. I'm fairly well off and I earned every cent but that's only because I started saving and investing very young. We don't teach our kids how to do that.

Second, because Rs do so much business off shore, that money does very little to help our own country. As we all know, we've been lied to about the so-called "job creators". for the most part, its the small businesses that do the hiring, not the one percent.

The exception to that, such as wal mart, hires a lot of people but the pay is crap.

Walmart Heirs Worth Same Amount As Bottom 40 Percent Of Americans In 2010: Analysis

President Obama's tax breaks for individuals, small businesses and the tax breaks the health care bill gives us help the real job creators.

What bothers me about wallyworld is all the mom and pop businesses it put out of business. Now that my friend is wealth redistribution on a grand scale. The livable wage/wealth WAS spread more evenly and much better than it is now. Mega-corps should never be allowed to become even close to what is known as "too big to fail." The MaBell's should be split up again imho, just to grab one example out of mind.

Trickle-down economics is, was, and always will be a serious failure/scam.

Last edited:

"Almost impossible"..And that loser defeatist template from the left gives rise to class envy and class warfare.
"We don't teach our kids"....And just who's fault is THAT?..We should all be punished with greater government confiscation because parents of today are too fucking stupid to teach their little cupcakes the value of a buck?
"The R's do so much business off shore"....Oh please cut the bullshit.
That implies that not a single wealthy liberal has a cent on off shore interest. Stop being ridiculous.
Overseas business DOES NOT harm anyone.
What say you to all the foreign firms doing business here in the USA? Fire all of your workers and get the fuck out?
Walmart is NOT the only large retailer with many employees.
"The pay is crap"....Work somewhere else.

WRONG!!!

I'm no great fan of all things progressive, or of most Progressives, but I'll rise to their defense here. Income inequality as a term, as you spin it, looks nothing like the term used by most credible and reasonable people.

The wealth gap. The income of the highest-paid Americans has soared while the income of the rest of Americans has grown little. The widening gap is cause for concern in all economic systems, but especially the economic system of a Capitalist Democracy, because killing off the middle class will make America a banana republic.

To have a middle class, there cannot be too wide a gap between those at the top and the rest of society, for when that happens there is just the wealthy and the struggling: the haves and the have nots.

America in the late 19th and early 20th centuries was not so great a place to live for most Americans and immigrants, pre-FDR. Anyone who wants to argue that is welcome to have their butts kicked and handed to them on a plate of crow.

In every place this argument was used to wrestle power from those that had it, the wealth shifted from those that worked for it, and were willing to fight for it to an "elite intellectual ruling class" (of if you prefer: dictator and henchmen). Only by applying the laws by the gov't EQUALLY, does everyone have a chance of achieving wealth of their own. The taxes being proposed by the Charles Manson come lately in the White House is about PREVENTING those that are WORKING from being able to keep the money they are earning. It does not hurt Charlie's friends out there, they already have accumulated their wealth and have it sheltered from the tax man.
The tax system is a con being pulled over on the citizen that the gov't is "after" the wealthy. It simply makes the "poor" and the "middle class" poorer. It has little to no affect on the "wealthy", but it prevents the rest of us from ever getting there.
The capital gains tax, is a tax that is targeting those that invested in their own retirement. Now those retirements will be taxed at a higher rate (leaving less money for those on a fixed income to live). Those that live with envy as their primary emotion are easily manipulated by the politicians that are determined to become the "ruling class" and subjugating the rest of us. And those that think they are soooo smart supporting the people "in power" are too stupid to see they are Charlie Manson's "Shorty" (he was eliminated when he wasn't needed any more). Charlie is calling, go on, line up for the brain washing!

These supposed explanations crack me up. It's always the same song and dance bs, envy, etc. and no real substance.

Next!

Still waiting for you to name that Utopia where "wealth redistribution" has worked....

Forum List

Back