"Indelible in the Hippocampus". What does that phrase remind me of?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Blasey Ford's testimony included a very odd phrase describing how well she remembered the alleged "assault" by two guys piled one on the other on her. She said the memory of their laughter was "Indelible In The Hippocampus". Uh Ok. Oh I get it she tossed that in there to let everyone know she is a doctor of Psychology. Woooo. OK Fine.

But the phrase bugged me, why does it remind me of something I've heard before? It was similar but even dumber. What was it? "Indelible In The Hippocampus" "Indelible In The Hippocampus". Dang it what was it? Then it finally dawned on me while I was driving. An old Jefferson Starship song came on the radio and there it was:

"Knee deep in the hoopla!" THAT'S IT! :5_1_12024:

Actually We Built This City is such an awful song, "indelible in the hippocampus" could replace that line or be inserted at any point in the song for that matter and wouldn't hurt it a bit.

Well there it is, as always just trying to Make USMB Great Again. :gtssmiley2:

I remember laughter too. Doesn't mean anyone tried to rape me.

Blasey Ford's testimony included a very odd phrase describing how well she remembered the alleged "assault" by two guys piled one on the other on her. She said the memory of their laughter was "Indelible In The Hippocampus". Uh Ok. Oh I get it she tossed that in there to let everyone know she is a doctor of Psychology. Woooo. OK Fine.

But the phrase bugged me, why does it remind me of something I've heard before? It was similar but even dumber. What was it? "Indelible In The Hippocampus" "Indelible In The Hippocampus". Dang it what was it? Then it finally dawned on me while I was driving. An old Jefferson Starship song came on the radio and there it was:

"Knee deep in the hoopla!" THAT'S IT! :5_1_12024:

Actually We Built This City is such an awful song, "indelible in the hippocampus" could replace that line or be inserted at any point in the song for that matter and wouldn't hurt it a bit.

Well there it is, as always just trying to Make USMB Great Again. :gtssmiley2:

I'm impressed. You took a phrase with a very specific meaning (even if you didn't understand that meaning) and tried to relate it to a dumb song that had nothing to do with that phrase or situation, and used it for a totally meaningless and dumb thread. You are nothing if not consistent.

Forum List

Back