India acting like a spoiled child

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case

They do have one point, their diplomats are probably not paid as much as ours. But they knowingly lie on the forms when they claim they will pay them at our rates which negates the point they have.

India was warned in September the Diplomat in question was going to be investigated.

And as for their moving her to the UN that takes acceptance BY the US.

Wanna bet Obama approves the move and screws the case and the worker involved?

I hope it turns out well. Considering India is possibly our most important ally in Asia.

Hopefully "whatever, fuck 'em" doesn't win out :cool:

SO you support allowing criminal behavior in our Country because an Ally might get pissed if we stop it?

India knew this was going to happen, they are testing our resolve and if we blink we can forget about enforcing ANY laws on diplomats from any Country.

I don't care if we apologize as long as the Diplomat in custody is not suddenly allowed to go free and be exempt. She needs to be tried in Court not released cause her Country is mad at us, that is the WORST thing that can happen and will, it it happens prove just how weak and ineffective Obama is.

Apparently rape is cool in India, but strip searches are off the table.

Apparently rape is cool in India, but strip searches are off the table.

She shouldn't have needed to be strip searched I think heads should roll for that call. But we can not allow her off the hook cause India does not want its diplomats facing charges for legit crimes in our Country.

India has smelled weakness and will pile on the pressure for more US concessions on trade and immigration policy. Of course we could not have reasonably expected John F'n Kerry to have thought that far ahead.

India allows Americans the right to have their same sex partners in violation of Indian law. That's gonna change. India has every right to enforce their own laws. Start the mass arrests already!

The guards and barricades around the American Embassy have already been removed.

Another country that obama has alienated. He might make it a grand slam of every country yet.

I hope it turns out well. Considering India is possibly our most important ally in Asia.

Hopefully "whatever, fuck 'em" doesn't win out :cool:

SO you support allowing criminal behavior in our Country because an Ally might get pissed if we stop it?

India knew this was going to happen, they are testing our resolve and if we blink we can forget about enforcing ANY laws on diplomats from any Country.

I don't care if we apologize as long as the Diplomat in custody is not suddenly allowed to go free and be exempt. She needs to be tried in Court not released cause her Country is mad at us, that is the WORST thing that can happen and will, it it happens prove just how weak and ineffective Obama is.

She can only be tried in our court in violation of every international law and our own laws. Ohhhh how I would love to see that. So far, venezuela, Brazil, Egypt and Saudi Arabia have broken off diplomatic relations with us. Yeah India do it.

Apparently the diplomat reported the maid for attempting to extort her for a visa to work in the US back in July.

And big time furor over a cavity search and this bizarre arrest.

Revealed: Indian diplomat at center of furor after arrest for paying maid 'slave wage' called New York cops five months ago to claim she was being extorted by her for U.S. visa

This was back in July that she called NYPD it's claimed. I think there is waaaaaaaaaay more to this story than first reported.

Devyani Khobragade, India's deputy consul general in New York, was arrested as she dropped her daughter off at school last week

Subjected to 'cavity search' and held with sex workers and drug addicts

Housekeeper, Sangeeta Richard, claims she was paid less than $3.31 an hour and forced to work well over 40 hours a week

The diplomat accused Richard of blackmail and extortion in July

Now claims former staff member 'cheated and lied' in a bid to gain illegal entry to the States

Revealed: Indian diplomat at center of furor after arrest for paying maid 'slave wage' called New York cops six months ago to claim she was being extorted by her for U.S. visa | Mail Online

The US acted so illegally that it defies understanding. I almost can't believe this kind of lawlessness.

The US acted so illegally that it defies understanding. I almost can't believe this kind of lawlessness.

agree.

if the maid feels she is paid too low - she can leave anytime she wants.

Does John Kerry know what diplomatic immunity is? Do the stupid cops or whatever dipshit approved this? If that diplomat had murdered the woman she couldn't be arrested.

Here's more of the story. Wow. I cannot believe that the police did not allow for diplomatic talks to resolve this issue. As far as I know, they had no legal standing to arrest the diplomat.

There are two sides. The maid played her hand very well.

On July 8, Richard agreed to meet Dr Khobragade. The former housekeeper asked for $10,000, an ordinary visa and immigration relief to be permitted to stay in the US, according to the reports in India. Instead she had her passport revoked.

Richard and her family have now been granted non-immigrant T Visas, created by Congress more than a decade ago to help law enforcement officers investigate and prosecute human trafficking.

Revealed: Indian diplomat at center of furor after arrest for paying maid 'slave wage' called New York cops six months ago to claim she was being extorted by her for U.S. visa | Mail Online

That housekeeper did play that hand well. The effect will be way far more reaching than this one case. Other countries are going to be paying attention.

agree.

Does John Kerry know what diplomatic immunity is? Do the stupid cops or whatever dipshit approved this? If that diplomat had murdered the woman she couldn't be arrested.

You did not read the link did you, diplomats can be charged with violating our laws based on whether or not in was in performance of their duties.

agree.

You did not read the link did you, diplomats can be charged with violating our laws based on whether or not in was in performance of their duties.

She can be charged with violating our laws but is protected from prosecution by diplomatic immunity. Her visa can be revoked putting her under house detention since an embassy is technically foreign soil. There are various international treaties and agreements that cover these things. She would be recalled since what she did was legal in India.

She can be charged with violating our laws but is protected from prosecution by diplomatic immunity. Her visa can be revoked putting her under house detention since an embassy is technically foreign soil. There are various international treaties and agreements that cover these things. She would be recalled since what she did was legal in India.

Obviously she is not protected as you claim. Care to cite your source that contradicts the claims in the article? And no I don't accept NCIS: Las Angele's as a source.

I've got this from the Daily Mail. The key is the second sentence. The diplomat would have had to committed a crime outside on an official job function.

As Deputy Consul General, Ms Khobragade enjoyed ‘consular immunity’ which is limited and related to her official duties.

Under the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, consular officials can still be arrested for acts committed outside on official job functions

Forum List

Back