Indian School Darsait sends congratulatory letter to ISRO scientists

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What a nice article to be published in the Times of Oman. We all know, of course, that Oman is a Muslim country in the Middle East..

Indian School Darsait sends congratulatory letter to ISRO scientists
BYNISHAD PADIYARATH | OCTOBER 12, 2014 , 9 : 36 PM GST

dtl_12_10_2014_18_36_44.jpg
Grade 1 to XII students signed the letter congratulating the Mars mission scientists. – Photo supplied
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Muscat: On September 24, after India became the first nation in the world to reach the Red Planet on its first attempt with its indigenously designed spacecraft 'Mangalyaan' congratulatory messages poured in from across the world to the unsung heroes – its scientists — at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) via social networking sites.

However, the students of Indian School Darsait (ISD) and staff decided to be different. Last week, over 2,800 students, staff and members of the school management committee sent a signed congratulatory note to the scientists at ISRO.

Speaking to Times of Oman, Dr Sridevi P. Thashnath, Principal of ISD, said the idea to send congratulations propelled her soon after she saw beaming scientists hugging each other at the command centre in the southern city of Bangalore which were shown live in a nationally televised broadcast.

"Those images are still fresh in my mind. Those final moments were breathtaking and quite emotional. From then, I had been thinking how we could contribute something from our side and then I had this idea of sending a congratulatory note to the scientists. We wanted to personally thank our great scientists who reached this incredible milestone and we thought by sending a signed tribute by our students would be the best way to respect their achievement," she said.
Continue reading at:

Times of Oman News Indian School Darsait sends congratulatory letter to ISRO scientists
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Forum List

Back