Ineffective ingredient could make Dayquil, Sudafed and others disappear from store shelves

Will you now run to the doctor with minor colds and the seasonal flu?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • It's just another attack on our personal freedom and choice.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
On my own I found these ineffective.
Advil Cold & Sinus works 100 times better.
Active ingredient is pseudoephedrine which works.
I have no problem with them pulling these drugs off the shelf because they don't work anyway.
They replaced the effective drug with an ineffective one after pressure from the government to do something about the ability of people to make meth from their products.
Then the government wants to ban the replacement... because that is government.

One of Obama's early on missions was to ban OTC drugs and make them prescription only. I bet Big Pharma had something to say about that.
So who's the man behind the curtain now?
1694776366056.png

~S~

I actually doubted your claim about Obama running things so I double checked with ELVIS and the Easter Bunny. They both confirmed you are correct. You so smart.
/----/ Perhaps, instead of consulting your close advisors, the Easter Bunny and Elvis, you should have asked Obama himself.
That Obama might enjoy serving as a third-term president in all but name, running the government from his iPhone, was a thought expressed in public by Obama himself, both before and after he left office. “I used to say if I can make an arrangement where I had a stand-in or front man or front woman, and they had an earpiece in, and I was just in my basement in my sweats looking through the stuff, and I could sort of deliver the lines while someone was doing all the talking and ceremony,” he told Steven Colbert in 2015, “I’d be fine with that because I found the work fascinating.” Even with all these clues, the Washington press corps—fresh off their years of broadcasting fantasies about secret communications links between Trump Tower and the Kremlin—seemed unable to imagine, let alone report on, Obama’s role in government.

Instead, every few months a sanitized report appears on some aspect of the ex-president’s outside public advocacy, presented within limits that are clearly being set by Obama’s political operatives—which conveniently elide the problems that are inherent in having a person with no constitutional role or congressional oversight take an active role in executive decision-making. Near the end of June, for example, Politico ran a long article noting Biden’s cognitive decline, with the coy headline “Is Obama Ready to Reassert Himself?”—as if the ex-president hadn’t been living in the middle of Washington and playing politics since the day he left office. Indeed, in previous weeks Obama had continued his role as central advocate for government censorship of the internet while launching a new campaign against gun ownership, claiming it is historically linked to racism. Surely, the spectacle of an ex-president simultaneously leading campaigns against both the First and Second Amendments might have led even a spectacularly incurious old-school D.C. reporter to file a story on the nuts and bolts of Obama’s political operation and on who was going in and out of his mansion. But the D.C. press was no longer in the business of maintaining transparency. Instead, they had become servants of power, whose job was to broadcast whatever myths helped advance the interests of the powerful.

And before you trash Breitbart. Now try to connect the dots.

/----/ Perhaps, instead of consulting your close advisors, the Easter Bunny and Elvis, you should have asked Obama himself.
That Obama might enjoy serving as a third-term president in all but name, running the government from his iPhone, was a thought expressed in public by Obama himself, both before and after he left office. “I used to say if I can make an arrangement where I had a stand-in or front man or front woman, and they had an earpiece in, and I was just in my basement in my sweats looking through the stuff, and I could sort of deliver the lines while someone was doing all the talking and ceremony,” he told Steven Colbert in 2015, “I’d be fine with that because I found the work fascinating.” Even with all these clues, the Washington press corps—fresh off their years of broadcasting fantasies about secret communications links between Trump Tower and the Kremlin—seemed unable to imagine, let alone report on, Obama’s role in government.

Instead, every few months a sanitized report appears on some aspect of the ex-president’s outside public advocacy, presented within limits that are clearly being set by Obama’s political operatives—which conveniently elide the problems that are inherent in having a person with no constitutional role or congressional oversight take an active role in executive decision-making. Near the end of June, for example, Politico ran a long article noting Biden’s cognitive decline, with the coy headline “Is Obama Ready to Reassert Himself?”—as if the ex-president hadn’t been living in the middle of Washington and playing politics since the day he left office. Indeed, in previous weeks Obama had continued his role as central advocate for government censorship of the internet while launching a new campaign against gun ownership, claiming it is historically linked to racism. Surely, the spectacle of an ex-president simultaneously leading campaigns against both the First and Second Amendments might have led even a spectacularly incurious old-school D.C. reporter to file a story on the nuts and bolts of Obama’s political operation and on who was going in and out of his mansion. But the D.C. press was no longer in the business of maintaining transparency. Instead, they had become servants of power, whose job was to broadcast whatever myths helped advance the interests of the powerful.

And before you trash Breitbart. Now try to connect the dots.
Biden was Obama's vice president. You don't think their goals and methods might be similar? You're trying to make naturally expected actions into something nefarious, and making yourself look like a fool in the process.

Biden was Obama's vice president. You don't think their goals and methods might be similar? You're trying to make naturally expected actions into something nefarious, and making yourself look like a fool in the process.
/——/ I feel sorry for Biden. He is mentally unfit, confused, makes up a pretend life where he was places he wasn’t. It’s elder abuse keeping him in office. So Obama steps in to run things behind the scene. Deny it all you want.

Before I started getting allergy shots several years ago, I used to get terrible sinus headaches when I would fly. My mother recommended that I start taking a Sudafed before each flight and she was right. I started doing that and I stopped getting the headaches, so it definitely worked for me.

Before I started getting allergy shots several years ago, I used to get terrible sinus headaches when I would fly. My mother recommended that I start taking a Sudafed before each flight and she was right. I started doing that and I stopped getting the headaches, so it definitely worked for me.
Probably due to the ingredient they want to ban is a decongestant.

So you telling me you don't have the mental capacity to do a google search on a topic you challenged?

Priceless
You're telling me that you make claims with nothing to justify them. I already knew that.

You're telling me that you make claims with nothing to justify them. I already knew that.
So you telling us you don't have the wherewithal to do a successful google search and have rely on another person to augment your lack of search skills?

Priceless

So you telling us you don't have the wherewithal to do a successful google search and have rely on another person to augment your lack of search skills?

Priceless
Not my job. Your claim. Back it up or not.

It looks like we can say good bye to self medicating our colds and flu.

Totally fucking bogus poll. I receive a yearly flu shot and yes I am vaxed an boosted and will receive the triple as soon as it is made available. Unlike you I believe in science, you believe in Mango Mussolini.

Being the actively involved allergy/ashtma patient I am, I email both my Primary Care Provider and my Allegist.

Two very intelligent Women, one Filipina and the other Palestinian-American. Both told me until other wise told to continue to Benadryl.

As I trust both Women, and know they would NOT put my life in danger I will follow their medical advise. I trust them and I trust the science.

I receive a yearly flu shot and yes I am vaxed an boosted and will receive the triple as soon as it is made available. Unlike you I believe in science, you believe in Mango Mussolini.

No shit?

Trust us.................

lucky-mouse

THE CLAIM: Multiple skeptics on social media have claimed the BA.5-specific booster may be unsafe because, before humans began receiving it, it was tested on only eight mice.

THE FACTS: The basic fact is actually true — the preliminary findings presented by Pfizer were based on tests in eight mice.

Fact check: Were new COVID-19 boosters tested in just 8 mice? Should it matter?

It looks like we can say good bye to self medicating our colds and flu.
Excellent conclusion by the OP!

This is an attempt to remove less expensive self-treatment options.

FDA has become an arm of Big Pharma. That means prescriptions and doctor visits are good, OTC medications and chicken soup are bad.

As you can see from the FDA documentation linked below, phenylephrine works just fine...

1698762170568.png

1698762453725.png

1698762373026.png

1698762314545.png

1698762254445.png

1698762208932.png

Forum List

Back