Inflation Down Again: Under 3% Now

Not good enough to relieve fears with the public.... that number does not include food or energy costs...
It'll never be enough for dumb cons like you.

Real wage growth in the COVID-19 recession recovery has been stronger than most recession recoveries. Table showing that the COVID-19 recovery has the second-highest real wage growth for a typical worker at 2 percent when compared with other recent recessions.

And this was in January. Things are much better now.

Inflation keeps dropping

In fact it will likely trigger a Fed rate cut

Way to go Joe
Now if he can only get grocery prices to drop by 30%.

The damage is done.

The Celery Stalk was successful in making people's lives miserable.

Hey dopey… it does include those things

Not including this things makes the rate 3.2%.

Guess what that means asshole?

Yeah food and energy costs DROPPED more than most things

I don't think the $1 store is ever going to go back to $1. It's $1.25 now.

And the thing I sell, they are never going to lower the price. It is what it is. But I now make more and now I get a commission on $1.25 instead of $1. It all works out.

The people hurting the most are uneducated blue collar workers. The same people who Bush and Republicans sent all their good paying jobs to China and Mexico in order to break the unions. Companies don't like paying higher wages. And if they are allowed to go to Mexico they will.

That's not true... bring energy costs down prices everywhere will follow....

No they will not. Point a time after there was a round of inflation to where the prices went back down to where they were, it never happens.

Companies have gotten us used to paying the higher prices, they have no reason to lower them.

No they will not. Point a time after there was a round of inflation to where the prices went back down to where they were, it never happens.

Companies have gotten us used to paying the higher prices, they have no reason to lower them.
They did after Obama was defeated.... history means things....

Prices never go back down.

If fact most people understand that deflation is far worse than inflation

You can't say never then talk about deflation.

I agree that prices rarely go down. That's the problem with the Celery Stalks economy. The people who are hurting are those who's savings didn't keep up with inflation (which is most everyone). In effect cutting into their buying power.

I would agree that deflation is bad in that it is painful (generally happens during a recession). But in this case...it might be worth it.

We can't normalize here. Especially when it comes to housing.

They did after Obama was defeated.... history means things....

You lie again.

They kept going up till COVID where there was a little dip, and then up again.

1723656867359.png

This is really a basic supply/demand reasoning and is true.

However, there seems to be latent demand which may fall off causing prices to drop.

Prices today are simply stupid.

You can't say never then talk about deflation.

I agree that prices rarely go down. That's the problem with the Celery Stalks economy. The people who are hurting are those who's savings didn't keep up with inflation (which is most everyone). In effect cutting into their buying power.

I would agree that deflation is bad in that it is painful (generally happens during a recession). But in this case...it might be worth it.

We can't normalize here. Especially when it comes to housing.

wages are catching up to inflation, that is what always happens.

Higher housing prices were one of the main things Trump bragged about when he said how good his economy was....why are they bad now?

Forum List

Back