Inflation highest in more than three years GOOD JOB Obama

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
But of course this is GWB's fault. The board is being spammed with relentless excuses for Obama that it was all GWBs fault no matter what happened. Hell listening to the left one would think Bush never left or Obama is not capable of doing anything he said he would. Any way, I see lots of posts about how Obama has helped the rich, now we see how he is helping the poor and middle class.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/inflation-highest-in-more-than-three-years-2013-03-15

MARKETWATCH FRONT PAGE

Led by an expected surge in gasoline prices, consumer prices rose in February at the fastest pace in more than three years, according to data reported Friday by the U.S. Department of Labor. See full story.

Also Friday, the government reported that inflation-adjusted hourly earnings for all employees fell 0.6% in February, as the CPI’s 0.7% gain outpaced an increase of 0.2% for average earnings. Real average hourly earnings increased 0.1% over the 12 months ended in February.

Earlier this week, the government reported that wholesale prices rose in February at the fastest rate in five months, led by gasoline and other energy prices. Some higher produces prices can be passed along to consumers, but the process can take some time. Read more about producer prices.

Last edited:
You obviously misunderstand how things work, obummer is only responsible when it's good news.

Frfee, do you want the hated government to impose price controls on the oil companies?
Or do you want the hated oil companies to be free to jack their gas prices up and down to manipulate quarterly earnings reports?

You do know that energy and food prices are excluded from the core inflation numbers? Don't want to make the oil, energy and agri business look bad. Do we?

Frfee, do you want the hated government to impose price controls on the oil companies?
Or do you want the hated oil companies to be free to jack their gas prices up and down to manipulate quarterly earnings reports?

You do know that energy and food prices are excluded from the core inflation numbers? Don't want to make the oil, energy and agri business look bad. Do we?

Yes, the two major concerns of the poor are exclued. But even with those exclusions the CPI is up. But so is the stock market so all is good the recovery is complete.

Inflation highest in more than three years GOOD JOB Obama

But of course this is GWB's fault.

25550369.jpg

"He's BLACK!!!!!"

Last edited:
the no shamen comes back with the usual. Damn straight I am crying over what Obama is doing to our children.

Yes, the two major concerns of the poor are exclued. But even with those exclusions the CPI is up. But so is the stock market so all is good the recovery is complete.

Free, do you want government price controls or not? I couldn't tell from your answer.

Inflation is up? Good. No wonder the economy is growing. Deflation was the problem to begin with. We could use the same inflation rates of the Reagan era for several years to really get a growing economy. The inflation rates during the Reagan years were higher than they are today, but people think they were lower because they were only lower than the inflation years of the 1970s and early 80s.

And what conservative would be opposed to going back to Reagan era policies?

But of course this is GWB's fault. The board is being spammed with relentless excuses for Obama that it was all GWBs fault no matter what happened. Hell listening to the left one would think Bush never left or Obama is not capable of doing anything he said he would. Any way, I see lots of posts about how Obama has helped the rich, now we see how he is helping the poor and middle class.

Inflation highest in more than three years - Economic Report - MarketWatch

MARKETWATCH FRONT PAGE

Led by an expected surge in gasoline prices, consumer prices rose in February at the fastest pace in more than three years, according to data reported Friday by the U.S. Department of Labor. See full story.

Also Friday, the government reported that inflation-adjusted hourly earnings for all employees fell 0.6% in February, as the CPI’s 0.7% gain outpaced an increase of 0.2% for average earnings. Real average hourly earnings increased 0.1% over the 12 months ended in February.

Earlier this week, the government reported that wholesale prices rose in February at the fastest rate in five months, led by gasoline and other energy prices. Some higher produces prices can be passed along to consumers, but the process can take some time. Read more about producer prices.

The inflation rate fluctuates from time to time, no matter who's in the White House. Prices rise and fall. That's just Business 101.

But, the inflation rate has remained fairly stable at an unusually low rate for the past several years.

Classic inflation is to much money chasing to few goods and services.

So unless the wages for 99% of the population go up quite a bit, I don't see that classic inflation cycle taking shape. Raise prices much, and I will quit buying things.

Now energy and food prices are different in that you have to eat and be mobile. While those prices rise and fall on world demand, it is not wage increases and increased demand driving the increase.

For oil prices, we now allow the gas companies to retail price their product solely on what futures traders are betting the price of a barrell of oil will be in a certain time frame. If they "think" prices will be up, they up the retail price of gas. If they were wrong they make a killing. If they were right, they lose nothing. Kinda like' heads I win, tails you lose.

Same thing with food. World demand and oil prices drive food costs. Not wage increases in the USA.

I think that if we can get to the point where all a middle class person can afford from their paycheck, is to eat, put a roof over our heads and drive a car, the oil companies and agri business will be happy campers.

The new type of inflation. Flat wages and increasing costs on must have items like food and energy.
Thank God for garage sales and Goodwill stores and Craigs List or I couldn't buy anything.

MARKETWATCH FRONT PAGE

The economy not collapsing into one big pile of crap was extremely helpful to the middle class and the poor.

I'll help you out a little.

401Ks.

:cool:

The Fed wants growth-fueled inflation, that was the plan from the beginning. Deflation is more destructive than inflation.

The question is whether they'll be able to put the brakes on at the right time, and at the right degree. They'll do that by reversing quantitative easing and taking cash out of the system via the banks.

No one can say for sure whether this will work or not, but it was the strategy from the beginning when our financial system was in complete, immediate and abject breakdown. Regardless of what the radio talk show hosts say.

MARKETWATCH FRONT PAGE

The CPI was pegged in 2012 at 1.7%.

If you believe that number than inflation is quite modest.

IF you believe that, of course.

No consumers I know believe that fairy tale, but apparent the nation's macro-economists do.

They apparently must not have to drive cars, heat their homes or buy food.

MARKETWATCH FRONT PAGE

The CPI was pegged in 2012 at 1.7%.
Where are you getting that number from?

If you believe that number than inflation is quite modest.

IF you believe that, of course.

No consumers I know believe that fairy tale, but apparent the nation's macro-economists do.
Because we understand what a national average is and what the limitations of the survey is. Those who don't understand statistics or weights or averages or base their observations on their local area (especially those in rural areas) will not.

They apparently must not have to drive cars, heat their homes or buy food.
The headline CPI, and the CPI-W used for Social Security COLA all include food and energy. The Core CPI is only used by financial analysts as far as I know...there's no governmtne application for it.

Inflation's being going down for about a year and a half. You can't make a case on month-by-month snapshots, unless you're a partisan hack.

Annual Inflation Chart

Forum List

Back