Insurance Companies Deny Treatment, but will buy you a Suicide Pill..

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
Seriously folks this is where we are headed..

Insurance companies are finding the cracks into the Right to Die Law coming to State near you.

People with a prognosis of 6 months or less to live are denied coverage, but will provide a pill for you to kill yourself..

A terminally ill California woman says her insurance company denied her coverage for chemotherapy treatment but offered to pay for her to kill herself, shortly after California passed a law permitting physician-assisted suicide.
But shortly after California’s End of Life Option Act, which authorizes physicians to diagnose a life-ending dose of medication to patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live, went into effect, Ms. Packer’s insurance company had a change of heart.

Assisted-suicide law prompts insurance company to deny coverage to terminally ill California woman

http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/termin...ent-coverage-but-gets-suicide-drugs-approved/

So you believe the terminally ill have the right to unlimited care/money? It isn't sustainable, we can't shit money.

Insurance companies are finding the cracks into the Right to Die Law coming to State near you.

People with a prognosis of 6 months or less to live are denied coverage, but will provide a pill for you to kill yourself..

A terminally ill California woman says her insurance company denied her coverage for chemotherapy treatment but offered to pay for her to kill herself, shortly after California passed a law permitting physician-assisted suicide.
But shortly after California’s End of Life Option Act, which authorizes physicians to diagnose a life-ending dose of medication to patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live, went into effect, Ms. Packer’s insurance company had a change of heart.

Assisted-suicide law prompts insurance company to deny coverage to terminally ill California woman

http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/termin...ent-coverage-but-gets-suicide-drugs-approved/
California’s End of Life Option Act, which authorizes physicians to diagnose a life-ending dose of medication to patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live

Excuse me? And so what if they do? Hell, did physicians even need an Act to do that?

They have been covering her chemo. They just wouldn't authorize them to switch to a different type of chemotherapy. The insurance company also didn't approach her about the suicide pill. She asked them if they covered it.

Not that big a deal. In case you have never encountered it, a lot of nursing homes/rehab facilities will not take chemo patients unless they are on the cheap pill versions of chemo.

So you believe the terminally ill have the right to unlimited care/money? It isn't sustainable, we can't shit money.

No I am just saying that it is not up to the insurance companies , BTW the democrats passed it not the republicans.. but the insurance companies found the crack.

A person should make that decision, some people given 3 months live several years after prognosis..

California’s End of Life Option Act, which authorizes physicians to diagnose a life-ending dose of medication to patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live

Excuse me? And so what if they do? Hell, did physicians even need an Act to do that?

Assisted suicide, sorry I meant to say that..

They have been covering her chemo. They just wouldn't authorize them to switch to a different type of chemotherapy. The insurance company also didn't approach her about the suicide pill. She asked them if they covered it.

Not that big a deal. In case you have never encountered it, a lot of nursing homes/rehab facilities will not take chemo patients unless they are on the cheap pill versions of chemo.

This is the norm it looks like..many stories like this

Nevada physician says insurance companies in states where assisted suicide is legal have refused to cover expensive, life-saving treatments for his patients but have offered to help them end their lives instead.

Brian Callister, associate professor of internal medicine at the University of Nevada, said he tried to transfer two patients to California and Oregon for procedures not performed at his hospital. Representatives from two different insurance companies denied those transfer requests by phone, he said.

“And in both cases, the insurance medical director said to me, ‘Brian, we’re not going to cover that procedure or the transfer, but would you consider assisted suicide?’ ” Dr. Callister told The Washington Times.

The phone calls took place last year within the span of a month, Dr. Callister said. He said he did nothing to prompt the suggestion in either case.

The patients were not terminal, but “would have become terminal without the procedures.”

Insurance companies denied treatment to patients, offered to pay for assisted suicide, doctor claims

But doesn't she have Obama care?

Nevada physician says insurance companies in states where assisted suicide is legal have refused to cover expensive, life-saving treatments for his patients but have offered to help them end their lives instead.

Brian Callister, associate professor of internal medicine at the University of Nevada, said he tried to transfer two patients to California and Oregon for procedures not performed at his hospital. Representatives from two different insurance companies denied those transfer requests by phone, he said.

“And in both cases, the insurance medical director said to me, ‘Brian, we’re not going to cover that procedure or the transfer, but would you consider assisted suicide?’ ” Dr. Callister told The Washington Times.

The phone calls took place last year within the span of a month, Dr. Callister said. He said he did nothing to prompt the suggestion in either case.

The patients were not terminal, but “would have become terminal without the procedures.”

Insurance companies denied treatment to patients, offered to pay for assisted suicide, doctor claims

So you are admitting Sarah Palin was right...

Assisted suicide, sorry I meant to say that..
Okay....

What did Palin say?

What did Palin say?

Obama care would lead to death panels.

You know that

What did Palin say?

Obama care would lead to death panels.

You know that

No, it is from this new Bill that left a crack open for the insurance companies..This is only happening in states that the assisted suicide is legal.. So far only in Washington State, Oregon, California, and a few others..

This is not cool..

Did you read the links? Something else isn't it?

No I didn't let me go back and read it.

And people, once they became depressed, it became negative, and it started consuming people,” she said in the video. “And then they said, ‘You know what? I wish I could just end it.’”

Ms. Packer said her children motivate her to fight her illness.

“I want to live for my kids,” she said. “I want them to see that dying is a part of life. Your end of life can be that opportunity to appreciate things that you didn’t appreciate before, to say things that you didn’t say before.”

What's wrong with the left coast? You guys are taking this way to far..

This is not cool..

And people, once they became depressed, it became negative, and it started consuming people,” she said in the video. “And then they said, ‘You know what? I wish I could just end it.’”

“I want to live for my kids,” she said. “I want them to see that dying is a part of life. Your end of life can be that opportunity to appreciate things that you didn’t appreciate before, to say things that you didn’t say before.”

You know I will joke around and bullshit..but things like this really ticks me off, we have the technology , science to help people..and the left coast answer is to kill them?

This is not cool..

You know I will joke around and bullshit..but things like this really ticks me off, we have the technology , science to help people..and the left coast answer is to kill them?

This is insane what's wrong with the left coast?

Forum List

Back