Insurance Companies Deny Treatment, but will buy you a Suicide Pill..

This is not cool..

Did you read the links? Something else isn't it?

No I didn't let me go back and read it.

And people, once they became depressed, it became negative, and it started consuming people,” she said in the video. “And then they said, ‘You know what? I wish I could just end it.’”

Ms. Packer said her children motivate her to fight her illness.

“I want to live for my kids,” she said. “I want them to see that dying is a part of life. Your end of life can be that opportunity to appreciate things that you didn’t appreciate before, to say things that you didn’t say before.”

What's wrong with the left coast? You guys are taking this way to far..

You know I will joke around and bullshit..but things like this really ticks me off, we have the technology , science to help people..and the left coast answer is to kill them?

This is insane what's wrong with the left coast?

I think that it may be in many states soon Bear.. If someone wants to die that it one thing,but to deny them treatment so they die is just not ok..

States with a Death with Dignity law
  • California.
  • Colorado.
  • District of Columbia.
  • Oregon.
  • Vermont.
  • Washington.

Did you read the links? Something else isn't it?

No I didn't let me go back and read it.

And people, once they became depressed, it became negative, and it started consuming people,” she said in the video. “And then they said, ‘You know what? I wish I could just end it.’”

Ms. Packer said her children motivate her to fight her illness.

“I want to live for my kids,” she said. “I want them to see that dying is a part of life. Your end of life can be that opportunity to appreciate things that you didn’t appreciate before, to say things that you didn’t say before.”

What's wrong with the left coast? You guys are taking this way to far..

You know I will joke around and bullshit..but things like this really ticks me off, we have the technology , science to help people..and the left coast answer is to kill them?

This is insane what's wrong with the left coast?

I think that it may be in many states soon Bear.. If someone wants to die that it one thing,but to deny them treatment so they die is just not ok..

States with a Death with Dignity law
  • California.
  • Colorado.
  • District of Columbia.
  • Oregon.
  • Vermont.
  • Washington.

This is not acceptable to me, we are not supposed to be doing this.. tomorrow is another day..yup this thread really got at my heart..

Even if someone wants to die, you can't let them...you have to keep pushing them

They have been covering her chemo. They just wouldn't authorize them to switch to a different type of chemotherapy. The insurance company also didn't approach her about the suicide pill. She asked them if they covered it.

Not that big a deal. In case you have never encountered it, a lot of nursing homes/rehab facilities will not take chemo patients unless they are on the cheap pill versions of chemo.

This is the norm it looks like..many stories like this

Nevada physician says insurance companies in states where assisted suicide is legal have refused to cover expensive, life-saving treatments for his patients but have offered to help them end their lives instead.

Brian Callister, associate professor of internal medicine at the University of Nevada, said he tried to transfer two patients to California and Oregon for procedures not performed at his hospital. Representatives from two different insurance companies denied those transfer requests by phone, he said.

“And in both cases, the insurance medical director said to me, ‘Brian, we’re not going to cover that procedure or the transfer, but would you consider assisted suicide?’ ” Dr. Callister told The Washington Times.

The phone calls took place last year within the span of a month, Dr. Callister said. He said he did nothing to prompt the suggestion in either case.

The patients were not terminal, but “would have become terminal without the procedures.”

Insurance companies denied treatment to patients, offered to pay for assisted suicide, doctor claims

So you are admitting Sarah Palin was right...

Sarah Palin talked about government death panels. This isn't the government, it's the insurance companies, the people who MAKE MONEY if she chooses to die.

They have been covering her chemo. They just wouldn't authorize them to switch to a different type of chemotherapy. The insurance company also didn't approach her about the suicide pill. She asked them if they covered it.

Not that big a deal. In case you have never encountered it, a lot of nursing homes/rehab facilities will not take chemo patients unless they are on the cheap pill versions of chemo.

Nevada physician says insurance companies in states where assisted suicide is legal have refused to cover expensive, life-saving treatments for his patients but have offered to help them end their lives instead.

Brian Callister, associate professor of internal medicine at the University of Nevada, said he tried to transfer two patients to California and Oregon for procedures not performed at his hospital. Representatives from two different insurance companies denied those transfer requests by phone, he said.

“And in both cases, the insurance medical director said to me, ‘Brian, we’re not going to cover that procedure or the transfer, but would you consider assisted suicide?’ ” Dr. Callister told The Washington Times.

The phone calls took place last year within the span of a month, Dr. Callister said. He said he did nothing to prompt the suggestion in either case.

The patients were not terminal, but “would have become terminal without the procedures.”

Insurance companies denied treatment to patients, offered to pay for assisted suicide, doctor claims

Sarah Palin talked about government death panels. This isn't the government, it's the insurance companies, the people who MAKE MONEY if she chooses to die.

Those states expanded Obama care. We refused.

So you believe the terminally ill have the right to unlimited care/money? It isn't sustainable, we can't shit money.
I saw the doctor on Tucker Carlson. The treatment was a cure. The two people denied care would have been completely disease free.

We are all terminally ill. We are all going to die. Under that criteria there should be no treatment for anyone.

Seriously folks this is where we are headed..

Insurance companies are finding the cracks into the Right to Die Law coming to State near you.

People with a prognosis of 6 months or less to live are denied coverage, but will provide a pill for you to kill yourself..

A terminally ill California woman says her insurance company denied her coverage for chemotherapy treatment but offered to pay for her to kill herself, shortly after California passed a law permitting physician-assisted suicide.
But shortly after California’s End of Life Option Act, which authorizes physicians to diagnose a life-ending dose of medication to patients with a prognosis of six months or less to live, went into effect, Ms. Packer’s insurance company had a change of heart.

Assisted-suicide law prompts insurance company to deny coverage to terminally ill California woman

http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/termin...ent-coverage-but-gets-suicide-drugs-approved/

There's a reason why I think insurance companies are the biggest assholes in the world, and there's a reason why I think insurance companies have no place in healthcare.

Those states expanded Obama care. We refused.

Colorado isn't on the expansion.. But yes, the suicide law passed in most liberal areas..Blah..

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion

Thanks Obamacare!!

Stop blaming Obama for everything... it is the corrupt insurance companies finding a crack in the system.

:rofl:

Everything?

I blame Obama for Obamacare. It's his law. He fucked the entire system up.....

Sorry, people were being denied in much larger numbers before obamacare came into effect. I know I was almost one of them.

In the areas where the state funded and supported Obamacare the states did very well.

Thanks Obamacare!!

Stop blaming Obama for everything... it is the corrupt insurance companies finding a crack in the system.

Everything?

Sorry, people were being denied in much larger numbers before obamacare came into effect. I know I was almost one of them.

In the areas where the state funded and supported Obamacare the states did very well.

Obamacare is on the verge of collapse. It's a garbage law that relied on lies to get passed.

If you think Obamacare is a success, you're living in an alternate reality.

Thanks Obamacare!!

Everything?

How can you say very well?

Your post proves those states are killing people..

The government is not going to treat people better than insurance companies. To the government, a sprained ankle would get you hospice to die of starvation and dehydration.

Has anyone actually read the OP's article? Nothing like he posted happened.

The insurance company was paying for chemo, she wanted a change, the article never says why she was denied or even if she was denied. They skip over that and get right to she asked about a suicide drug and yes they will provide that. Which has absolutely nothing to do with... fucking anything.

In the mean time you actually have a couple in the UK that just had a court of law deny them bringing their child to the US for treatment on money they raised on their own because the government won't allow that but would rather the child just die.
Seriously, get a fucking grip.

well obama did say

granny might not get that operation

but will be given the choice

between the red pill or blue pill

So you believe the terminally ill have the right to unlimited care/money? It isn't sustainable, we can't shit money.
I saw the doctor on Tucker Carlson. The treatment was a cure. The two people denied care would have been completely disease free.

We are all terminally ill. We are all going to die. Under that criteria there should be no treatment for anyone.
Oh horseshit. I didn't cite a specific example and NO we are not all diagnosed with a terminal illness. End of life care is extremely expensive. We have to draw the line on keeping a body alive.

No I am just saying that it is not up to the insurance companies , BTW the democrats passed it not the republicans.. but the insurance companies found the crack.

A person should make that decision, some people given 3 months live several years after prognosis..
It's a case by case scenario. Insurance companies wrote the laws. That's why it's dangerous to let government make those kinds of decisions.

Has anyone actually read the OP's article? Nothing like he posted happened.

The insurance company was paying for chemo, she wanted a change, the article never says why she was denied or even if she was denied. They skip over that and get right to she asked about a suicide drug and yes they will provide that. Which has absolutely nothing to do with... fucking anything.

In the mean time you actually have a couple in the UK that just had a court of law deny them bringing their child to the US for treatment on money they raised on their own because the government won't allow that but would rather the child just die.
Seriously, get a fucking grip.

Hey , read the other links of the denied.. Not just one ...

Forum List

Back