Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

If you dont like

1) poor working conditions
2) slave type wages
3) being treated like a piece of garbage

Then dont apply at walmart. Go somewhere else. Why anyone, ANYONE would bother applying at a place that has a disdain for their workers is beyond me.

No kidding, I don't shop at Walmart, it is my choice. Don't work there if you don't like the conditions.

By Alice Hines and Christina Wilkie

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

Obviously Lisa didn't major in economics.
it is unfortunate that somebody as economically illiterate as her is breeding.
I wonder what the father of her baby does for a living?
Hey Lisa, did you know that bankruptcy doesn't remove your student loans?

At the same time, my mother in law took a job at walmart until I created a position in my business for her. I would not have her be humiliated by working at such a deplorable place. SHe now makes more and is treated with some dignity. You cannot and will not receive any of that at walmart. But you know that going in. Walmart definitely has a hatred for its people. Pure unadulterated hatred. Yet people go there to work. How dumb are we?

WalMart employs approximately 1.6 million people and approximately 5 million people apply for work at WalMart annually. Approximately 12.3 million people are currently unemployed in the USA.

You could say that Walmart has a supply and demand benefit. given that information, it seems kind of stupid for a WalMart worker to "strike" or walk off the job and think they can impact anything other than being promoted to customer.

At the same time, my mother in law took a job at walmart until I created a position in my business for her. I would not have her be humiliated by working at such a deplorable place. SHe now makes more and is treated with some dignity. You cannot and will not receive any of that at walmart. But you know that going in. Walmart definitely has a hatred for its people. Pure unadulterated hatred. Yet people go there to work. How dumb are we?

Then don't shop there, don't support them, but I find it funny that you know so much about them and how they treat there employees and can make stupid blanket statements.

Systematic limit on advancement? WTF is that?
Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

Stupid is as stupid does.

"That" is a stated policy wherein management claims to promote from withiIN and instead moves someone from withOUT INto supervisory and executive positions.

This isn't rocket science, people. It isn't unheard of before now either.

and this equals - "Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages"?

you do realize that whether they hire from without or not it matters little, unless they cut a head count....right?

No, it equals, "Systematic limit on advancement."
Duh, isn't that the question I was answering?

Last edited:
You like cheap prices? Right???

Not necessarially.
I would not mind paying $10 for a soda if I was paid $100/hour.
It is all a matter of balance. Trickle down economics has screwed the working class.
Not only it but it is a major factor.

Trickle down economic doesn't have a damn thing to do with the working class. No one is forced to work for Walmart. If you don't like their wages, working conditions, or benefits, find a job somewhere else. Walmart doesn't owe you, or anyone else, a damn thing.

It is your responsibility to take care of yourself, find your own way to prosperity, and earn your way in life.

Yes, more "F-U, deal with it." That's not what Jesus taught. We've become a very angry & bitter Nation. All that greed is catching up with us. The quest for more & more stuff has taken its toll. We need to get back to being decent to each other again. Just treat others as you would like to be treated. It really is that simple in the end.

We have stop with that "F-U, deal with it" mentality. That's only causing more anger. America needs to slow down and stop obsessing over the money and possessions. And that goes for all Americans, not just Corporations. If we treat each other decent, there won't be any motivation for Slave Revolts.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the normal. Cons can bypass all of the negatives to support wallmart as a free market success. Of course, they do not know what a free market entails. But they love to support wallmart.
I have been to their corporate offices in Arkansas, and can attest that this company has changed from a company that supported buy america to one that now only supports buy bo make the most money possible, and to hell with anything else. So, if this represents the type of capitalism that you believe in, with massive monopoly power in all areas, then what can a person say. It is not what the us version of capitalism was designed to be, but it seems to be what the con tools love.

Well, it looks like the normal. Cons can bypass all of the negatives to support wallmart as a free market success. Of course, they do not know what a free market entails. But they love to support wallmart.
I have been to their corporate offices in Arkansas, and can attest that this company has changed from a company that supported buy america to one that now only supports buy bo make the most money possible, and to hell with anything else. So, if this represents the type of capitalism that you believe in, with massive monopoly power in all areas, then what can a person say. It is not what the us version of capitalism was designed to be, but it seems to be what the con tools love.
It must be wonderful to have a second language, but it's always harder to write in than the first, eh?

No one likes to be told 'F-U, deal with it.' And unfortunately we have way too many Americans telling each other 'F-U.' Their greed has turned them into snarling beasts. We are a very sick nation at this point. Those who are saying 'F-U, deal with it', are people who certainly don't like it when the tables are turned. So what's the cure for our disease? Well, just be decent to each other. Live Jesus Christ's teachings. Don't just pretend to be a good Christian. Because God does see all. We need to set more honorable and decent priorities. Money isn't everything.

with massive monopoly power in all areas, then what can a person say.

Where is the monopoly power???? WalMart??? If they were a monopoly they would not have to bless us and make us rich with the lowest prices possible. Blessed Republican capitalist competition, dear, not monopoly, makes them make us rich with low prices.

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow??

No one likes to be told 'F-U, deal with it.'

why be so afraid to give us your best example of this??

Obviously you're a fool liberal who wants more and more welfare entitlements until we're perfectly bankrupt, and, you want to say to those who pay the bill, FU deal with it.!!

No one likes to be told 'F-U, deal with it.'

why be so afraid to give us your best example of this??

Obviously you're a fool liberal who wants more and more welfare entitlements until we're perfectly bankrupt, and, you want to say to those who pay the bill, FU deal with it.!!

'F-U, deal with it" doesn't solve our problems. Americans have become very ugly people. And the Corporations are only a reflection of that reality. So i'm not singling them out. Most Americans have turned to ugly greed rather than compassion and decency. It's a disease. We just need to reset our priorities as a nation. The quest for that almighty dollar can't be our number one priority. That's destroying our nation. Jesus can't be proud of what we've become. It's time to make amends and start living his teachings.

Wow.. another Wal Mart obsession thread.

Walmart and many other Corporations just represent what most Americans have become. They're not uniquely "evil." They just give greedy ugly Americans what they want. So i agree, there's no reason to single them out. I used to get offended by the term 'Ugly American'. But now i have to agree with it. It's an accurate label. Most Americans have become greedy hateful snarling beasts. And if you don't believe me, just get out there and experience some good ole fashioned American Christmas Shopping. You'll quickly see what Americans are really about.

walmart-happy_n.jpg

Forum List

Back