Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

i hope they fire 13k people and replace them with robots. That's the only way you're going to be paid more.

Take that and stick it up your ass.

I must say...I cant feel too much sympathy there.

She is offered a free high school education. That diploma opens doors, even joining military or something.

She is working PART time. She can get a second part time job.

As for being pregnant.....DONT HAVE SEX IF YOU CANT AFFORD A KID.

Shes in a tough position. But getting a meaningful life while being knocked up and working part time at WalMart isn't gonna happen. Thats not what jobs at WalMart and McD's are meant to be.

she appears to be spending to much time fucking and not enough time working

Six Walmart heirs reportedly have a combined worth of approximately $100 billion. Why do 6 people need $100 billion? Imagine how much just half of that could have helped the lives of Walmart employees - especially the lower rank and file. I've heard that Walmart pays management quite well.

Last edited:
With robots does it matter lakhota? There's no way if they so choose you can stop them.

With robots does it matter lakhota? There's no way if they so choose you can stop them.

Well, if we extrapolate your robot theme - eventually no one will have a job except robot maintenance crews - until robots are capable of doing their own maintenance - and then decide to kill off humankind.

I must say...I cant feel too much sympathy there.

She is offered a free high school education. That diploma opens doors, even joining military or something.

She is working PART time. She can get a second part time job.

As for being pregnant.....DONT HAVE SEX IF YOU CANT AFFORD A KID.

Shes in a tough position. But getting a meaningful life while being knocked up and working part time at WalMart isn't gonna happen. Thats not what jobs at WalMart and McD's are meant to be.

she appears to be spending to much time fucking and not enough time working

images

Lakhota better come tell my school district I work for they are paying poverty wages..they start a person at 9.50 a hour..

Walmart just ordered 13,000 self checkout robots. So that is up the ass of the union.

More Citizens out of work will be bad for everyone. There will more dependence on Government/Taxpayers.

It's progress, and no one IS FORCED to go get Government assitance..I worked two jobs for three years so I could make it, but I live well because I still had MY PRIDE

Damn America, just stop being so bleepin greedy. Problems solved. Be decent to each other. Money & possessions really aren't everything. Close your Businesses on Sundays and Holidays. Allow your Employees to spend quality time with their families. They'll be happier and more productive Employees. Greed has been the downfall of many Nations and individuals all throughout time. We just need to be good people again. Happy Thanksgiving to all here at USMB.

Walmart just ordered 13,000 self checkout robots. So that is up the ass of the union.

More Citizens out of work will be bad for everyone. There will more dependence on Government/Taxpayers.

It's progress, and no one IS FORCED to go get Government assitance..I worked two jobs for three years so I could make it, but I live well because I still had MY PRIDE

I hear ya, and that's cool. But everyone's circumstance is different. Pride alone, just doesn't cut it anymore. We as a Nation need to be decent to each other again. All this greed is killing us. We're not living as a good Christian Nation anymore. We're not following the teachings of Jesus. The high-ranking Execs at Target & Walmart want to spend time with their families on Thanksgiving. And that's to be expected. So what's good for them, is good for their Employees. They want to spend some time with their families too. But greed won't allow that. And btw, i'm not just talking about Corporate Greed either. Most Americans have become incredibly greedy in general. We just need to change our mentality. I hope & pray we do.

I'm not sure what this even has to do with other people's wallets. Has anyone here said that Wal-Mart's low wages should be supplemented by the taxpayers to bring them up?

The irony is, these low wages have led to more dependence on Government/Taxpayers. It's the high cost of low price.

Nonsense... The same idiots would be on Taxpayer funded Welfare regardless what they make part-time banging a cash register, the ONLY question is: do we as consumers want to open our wallets once with our Taxes, or twice with taxes and higher retail prices. The real irony is that a loser single mom who works at Wal-Mart as a cashier is without question most likely already receiving Welfare, so your argument is a non-issue.

Well see, that's just more of that F-U mentality. And unfortunately, that mentality is common with Americans. It's certainly not what Jesus taught. The Slaves are now in revolt. And that mentality has caused it. Too many Citizens saying "F-U" to fellow Citizens. And now we're paying the price.

By Alice Hines and Christina Wilkie

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

Systematic limit on advancement? WTF is that? Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

Systematic limit on advancement? WTF is that?
Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

"That" is a stated policy wherein management claims to promote from withiIN and instead moves someone from withOUT INto supervisory and executive positions.

This isn't rocket science, people. It isn't unheard of before now either.

your thread title is BS, but you knew that......and that mawkish article is just more of the same....here;

tissues.jpg

because they even have to work on Thanksgiving day now.
And do not expect doubletime.

You like cheap prices? Right???

Not necessarially.
I would not mind paying $10 for a soda if I was paid $100/hour.
It is all a matter of balance. Trickle down economics has screwed the working class.
Not only it but it is a major factor.

Trickle down economic doesn't have a damn thing to do with the working class. No one is forced to work for Walmart. If you don't like their wages, working conditions, or benefits, find a job somewhere else. Walmart doesn't owe you, or anyone else, a damn thing.

It is your responsibility to take care of yourself, find your own way to prosperity, and earn your way in life.

We don't have Walmart here, and I don't think we have a ton of Yanks moving here just to take our jobs.

No, Yanks have more common sense. You pay more because you have no other choice. Likewise, the people who work at Target and Kmart there, also pay more for everything they have to buy. There is no free lunch.

If you dont like

1) poor working conditions
2) slave type wages
3) being treated like a piece of garbage

Then dont apply at walmart. Go somewhere else. Why anyone, ANYONE would bother applying at a place that has a disdain for their workers is beyond me.

Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

"That" is a stated policy wherein management claims to promote from withiIN and instead moves someone from withOUT INto supervisory and executive positions.

and this equals - "Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages"?

you do realize that whether they hire from without or not it matters little, unless they cut a head count....right?

You get the best person available for the job, whether that is within your organization or outside your organization. That is good business. Without the proper employees, management and leaders, you are not going to succeed. You are right it is not rocket science, good people need to be nurtured and allowed to grow, however, if you don't have them, you need to find them.

Forum List

Back