Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

You have to give the conservatives / republicans credit they are at least consistent, when a fellow human is down, stump on them, when a fellow human is in need, criticize them, when a company abuses a fellow American or with wages all Americans, praise them. There is no need to debate class, for if you are not rich, you do not count in the conservative / republican world. Been that way since Burke, must be genetic?

"Conservatism is the theoretical voice of this animus against the agency of the subordinate classes. It provides the most consistent and profound argument as to why the lower orders should not be allowed to exercise their independent will, why they should not be allowed to govern themselves or the polity. Submission is their first duty, agency, the prerogative of the elite." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

That has nothing to do with most conservatives and you know it. Where conservatives/libertarians take issue is the use of a onerous federal government that forces people to be charitable via taxation. There are countless conservative church congregations that provide social services, help to the needy and basic assitance to people who need it. The difference is they do it of thier own free will.

Progressives love charity, as long as it is with other people's money, and through the government. This way they get to control it, and get guaranteed votes, both from those they provide the benefits to (vote for us or those people will take your stuff away!) and the conuntless layers of burecrats required to run said programs (vote for us or your job is gone!).

Sorry kids, but running cash registers at Wal-Mart is a job that was never intended to be a career choice, nor is it the public's responsibility to subsidize that job through higher prices so that some lazy buffoon without ambition might make a career out of it.

There is always social work and community organizing for anti-capitalist greivance mongers........

Its all soooooooooooooooo oppressive and unfair, "workers" of the world unite !!!

Most have legitimate greivances. I support Private Unions. Their your only chance as a worker. Corporations have proven time & time again that they will screw the Slaves every chance they get. A Union is a natural response to the injustices. I can't blame workers for wanting Unions. So in the end, yes, workers of the world should unite. It's their God-given human right to do so.

Sorry kids, but running cash registers at Wal-Mart is a job that was never intended to be a career choice, nor is it the public's responsibility to subsidize that job through higher prices so that some lazy buffoon without ambition might make a career out of it.

That mentality has caused this mess. That old 'F-U, it's too bad' shtick is backfiring. The Slaves are now in revolt. It's time for them to get their's. You can only push Slaves so far. That's been proven all throughout time. Just a little compassion goes a long long way. But most Americans have chosen greed instead. We're no longer following the teachings of Jesus. We've become a cold, callous, greedy Nation. Money really isn't everything. We need to figure that out. Otherwise, much darker days are ahead.

That mentality has caused this mess. That old 'F-U, it's too bad' shtick is backfiring. The Slaves are now in revolt. It's time for them to get their's. You can only push Slaves so far. That's been proven all throughout time. Just a little compassion goes a long long way. But most Americans have chosen greed instead. We're no longer following the teachings of Jesus. We've become a cold, callous, greedy Nation. Money really isn't everything. We need to figure that out. Otherwise, much darker days are ahead.

Spare me... A minimum wage job is a minimum wage job... They are meant for students to make a few bucks while gaining real world work experience. America does not need to pay premiums on goods and services so that lazy bums can make a living being career cashiers. It is not the public's responsibility to subsidize people who make poor career choices. Let the market dictate the wage... Nobody has ever been forced at gunpoint to bang a cash register at McDonalds.

Spare me... A minimum wage job is a minimum wage job... They are meant for students to make a few bucks while gaining real world work experience. America does not need to pay premiums on goods and services so that lazy bums can make a living being career cashiers. It is not the public's responsibility to subsidize people who make poor career choices. Let the market dictate the wage... Nobody has ever been forced at gunpoint to bang a cash register at McDonalds.

Again, that F-U mentality is coming back to bite us. Citizens who work for Minimum Wage are human beings too. That F-U mentality has caused this current Slave Revolt. And now they're saying F-U to people like you. Like i said, compassion goes a long long way. But most Americans have chosen greed instead. So i can't blame the Slaves for rising up and demanding more. Why not? It's their right to do so. And that old 'F-U' mentality isn't gonna cut it anymore. The Slaves are here to stay. They will have to be dealt with. Their numbers are only growing. And that's a reality Americans better start getting used to. It's not a problem that's suddenly going to go away.

By Alice Hines and Christina Wilkie

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

I've worked a lot of shit jobs in my life but none of them claimed to be

"a job at [company name here] opens the door to a better life" and "the chance to grow and build a career."

Spare me... A minimum wage job is a minimum wage job... They are meant for students to make a few bucks while gaining real world work experience.

So in your opinion Wal-Mart is lying when they say:

"a job at Walmart opens the door to a better life" and "the chance to grow and build a career."

?

Let the market dictate the wage...

Doesn't the market work best when people have as much information as possible? Some folks might not like to shop at a place that pretends to have career jobs for people when they really just had dead end shit jobs.

Again, that F-U mentality is coming back to bite us. Citizens who work for Minimum Wage are human beings too. That F-U mentality has caused this current Slave Revolt. And now they're saying F-U to people like you. Like i said, compassion goes a long long way. But most Americans have chosen greed instead. So i can't blame the Slaves for rising up and demanding more. Why not? It's their right to do so. And that old 'F-U' mentality isn't gonna cut it anymore. The Slaves are here to stay. They will have to be dealt with. Their numbers are only growing. And that's a reality Americans better start getting used to. It's not a problem that's suddenly going to go away.

There is nothing F-U about not feeling it is the public's responsibility to finance stupid people earning a living off a mediocre jobs because they screwed their own lives up. As I said... The market dictates what people get paid, not emotions funded by other people's wallets.

There is nothing F-U about not feeling it is the public's responsibility to finance stupid people earning a living off a mediocre jobs because they screwed their own lives up. As I said... The market dictates what people get paid, not emotions funded by other people's wallets.

I'm not sure what this even has to do with other people's wallets. Has anyone here said that Wal-Mart's low wages should be supplemented by the taxpayers to bring them up?

I'm not sure what this even has to do with other people's wallets. Has anyone here said that Wal-Mart's low wages should be supplemented by the taxpayers to bring them up?

yes, I belive it was said in this thread or the other about Walmart

The irony is, these low wages have led to more dependence on Government/Taxpayers. It's the high cost of low price.

Last edited:
:clap2:
There is always social work and community organizing for anti-capitalist greivance mongers........

Its all soooooooooooooooo oppressive and unfair, "workers" of the world unite !!!

Most have legitimate greivances. I support Private Unions. Their your only chance as a worker. Corporations have proven time & time again that they will screw the Slaves every chance they get. A Union is a natural response to the injustices. I can't blame workers for wanting Unions. So in the end, yes, workers of the world should unite. It's their God-given human right to do so.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Are you totally fucking retarded? If for example Wal-Mart is forced into making menial minimum wage jobs into jobs which pay career wages simply to satisfy the need for stupid people to succeed, the added cost of wages will be passed on to the consumer idiot, thus we as consumers are forced into subsidizing people who stupidly decide that being a cashier is a career choice. Again... The market should dictate wages, not people's emotions over some idiots who made very poor choices.

The irony is, these low wages have led to more dependence on Government/Taxpayers. It's the high cost of low price.

Nonsense... The same idiots would be on Taxpayer funded Welfare regardless what they make part-time banging a cash register, the ONLY question is: do we as consumers want to open our wallets once with our Taxes, or twice with taxes and higher retail prices. The real irony is that a loser single mom who works at Wal-Mart as a cashier is without question most likely already receiving Welfare, so your argument is a non-issue.

Forum List

Back