Internet Posting Removal Act

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Another hit on freedom of speech.

Internet Posting Removal Act and was introduced on February 13th by Illinois General Assembly veteran Ira I. Silverstein [D].

Here’s the summary of the bill:

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

Not wanting to leave any bases uncovered, Silverstein includes that an “Anonymous Poster” means “any individual who posts a message on a web site including social networks, blogs, forums, message boards, or any other discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.”

Silverstein also proposes that “all web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.”
Meet the Internet Posting Removal Act, an Illinois Bill That?ll Make Your Head Spin :

Somebody should tell Ira to go fuck himself.

A variety of newspaper discussion forums have gone under to be replaced by allowing posts of news articles and commentaries using Facebook to log in.

In other words, no more hiding behind user names. I could live with that! :clap2:

A variety of newspaper discussion forums have gone under to be replaced by allowing posts of news articles and commentaries using Facebook to log in.

In other words, no more hiding behind user names. I could live with that! :clap2:

Which also means you have to have a Facebook account and even more loss of your privacy.

Internet Posting Removal Act and was introduced on February 13th by Illinois General Assembly veteran Ira I. Silverstein [D].

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

Not wanting to leave any bases uncovered, Silverstein includes that an “Anonymous Poster” means “any individual who posts a message on a web site including social networks, blogs, forums, message boards, or any other discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.”

Silverstein also proposes that “all web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.”
Meet the Internet Posting Removal Act, an Illinois Bill That?ll Make Your Head Spin :

Pretty silly. Mostly just posting to admire your avatar. Keep flying!

I don't think it will go very far.

I hope it doesn't because site owners should have the intellectual property rights to things posted on the forum.

This law would be impossible to enforce. It won't come close to passing.

snopes.com: Redefinition of Pi

In 1897 Indian's House of Representin' unanimously passed a measure that redefined pi to be 3, if I recall correctly. There is a slander going around the internet against the state of Alabama that Southerners could be as stupid as yankees and placed the location of the incident in that stats legislature instead of Indiana.

There aren't a lot of messageboard/social network host sites in Illinois. The law wouldn't be applicable to any site hosted outside the state. And how would the law be enforced if it did pass? Buildings filled with tens of thousands of anony-mods?

It's an Illinois bill...

... good only in Illinois...

... for sites based in Illinois...

... probably a way of combating gangsta rap...

... posted on local social websites...

... such as those maintained by local TV stations...

... as a response to Chicago shootings.
:cool:

We like it.

Only a coward would be upset

Which also means you have to have a Facebook account and even more loss of your privacy.

deflection for from an anonymous troll?

Early internet, before the web, many bulletin boards listed IP addresses with every post. people were more civil, bur better -- more honest and open

fact

Last edited:

Cool..................this means that I can put up a website with you photoshopped having sex with goats (anonymously of course), and ask the question of if you support interspecies sex or not (with the pictures showing you do, of course).

Nice to see you support free speech, even if it is slander.

One does get rather tired of cowards anonymously posting bold things they don't have the balls to say publically.

I personally would like to know who is posting what about me, and where they live.

Might make people more civil on the 'net if they knew they could be visited..................

Ok Dante
What is your name, home and IP address?
If you are not a pussy you will tell us

Forum List

Back