Internet Posting Removal Act

Another hit on freedom of speech.

Internet Posting Removal Act and was introduced on February 13th by Illinois General Assembly veteran Ira I. Silverstein [D].

Here’s the summary of the bill:

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

Not wanting to leave any bases uncovered, Silverstein includes that an “Anonymous Poster” means “any individual who posts a message on a web site including social networks, blogs, forums, message boards, or any other discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.”

Silverstein also proposes that “all web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.”
Meet the Internet Posting Removal Act, an Illinois Bill That?ll Make Your Head Spin :

Somebody should tell Ira to go fuck himself.

We like it.

Only a coward would be upset

I don't see your full name and phone number in your signature. :eusa_whistle:

All one has to do is click the link in my signature and you'll know all about me.

Oops! Forgot. The Moderator removed my signature with the link to my blog. I tried.

I personally would like to know who is posting what about me, and where they live.

Might make people more civil on the 'net if they knew they could be visited..................

So you support this so you can threaten someone's life because they posted something nasty about you?

Most of the people who are ardent Politicos want some form of censorship for the other fellow. Look at the patriot act both sides said it was bad for privacy but when they were elected- they kept the POWER of the government in place. I agree this probably won't get done but the people who will help get it done are right here among us. They need the system of controls and conformity to make the forums and the world a safer place for them and their views.

Another hit on freedom of speech.

Internet Posting Removal Act and was introduced on February 13th by Illinois General Assembly veteran Ira I. Silverstein [D].

Here’s the summary of the bill:

Creates the Internet Posting Removal Act. Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. Effective 90 days after becoming law.

Not wanting to leave any bases uncovered, Silverstein includes that an “Anonymous Poster” means “any individual who posts a message on a web site including social networks, blogs, forums, message boards, or any other discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.”

Silverstein also proposes that “all web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.”
Meet the Internet Posting Removal Act, an Illinois Bill That?ll Make Your Head Spin :

Somebody should tell Ira to go fuck himself.

He is upset because someone pointed out how stupid he is,. but he can't find the guy to intimidate him.

A variety of newspaper discussion forums have gone under to be replaced by allowing posts of news articles and commentaries using Facebook to log in.

In other words, no more hiding behind user names. I could live with that! :clap2:

I have a Facebook account from my college days I use for crappy stuff that refuses to let people use fake names.

This law would be impossible to enforce.
Not to mention possibly a violation of privacy and free speech.

Of course.

But there are many laws that have been passed and upheld that I consider to violate privacy and free speech.

This one is different from them because it is simply impossible to enforce, and clearly written by someone who has no understanding of how the internet functions.

This law would be impossible to enforce.

Of course.

But there are many laws that have been passed and upheld that I consider to violate privacy and free speech.

This one is different from them because it is simply impossible to enforce, and clearly written by someone who has no understanding of how the internet functions.

What a wonderfully stupid argument for more laws.

Of course.

What a wonderfully stupid argument for more laws.

Huh?

I can't for the life of me see how I was advocating "more laws".

Forum List

Back