🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Invisible

If I am ever back out in public..I know I will think twice when I walk by someone homeless. One can become homeless at the drop of a hat. One minute, all is well. Next....bam. Lose your job, family doesn't exist or won't help or you cannot ask them for help for whatever reason, car gets taken because you can't pay for it, home gets taken because you don't have a job, money you had disappears due to emergency health situation. Any number of reasons.

Granted, there are some homeless people out there - but how many of them have jobs, and just rip off the public? Its so easy to just pretend to be homeless, its an easy ruse. Also, the amount of money they get off the government each week is more than enough for them to get off the streets.

Sorry Gracie, but everytime I see someone begging in the streets, I am always wary.

Who are we to judge the mental condition of degenerate "homeless" who chose to ignore every aspect of social behavior and depend on drugs and alcohol? Nobody wants to make freaking eye contact for fear of assault or disease and you can't blame them. Play acting is just a cheap gimmick.

Granted, there are some homeless people out there - but how many of them have jobs, and just rip off the public? Its so easy to just pretend to be homeless, its an easy ruse. Also, the amount of money they get off the government each week is more than enough for them to get off the streets.

Sorry Gracie, but everytime I see someone begging in the streets, I am always wary.

1.75 million.

Homelessness / Poverty Stats | Statistic Brain

I will on occasion drop some coins in the cup, or hand a dollar to someone with a sign at an intersection. But I almost always pony up when I see someone playing a guitar or saxophone or just beating on some plastic buckets.

Support the arts! :thup:

I sort of glance at, and then ignore, Ropeys posts in the flame zone. Isn't that kind of the same thing?

Considering it now takes $72,500, on average, as down payment on an average house if you have a break in employment of six months or more in the past seven years homelessness is widespread. Many people with six figure incomes have to reside in extended stay hotels or trailer parks after they graduate from their car. That's not reported much but Tulsa Welding School's ads stopped running ads a while back and sober homeless couples and singles disappeared around here. It turned out the oil patch was snapping up nearly every graduate they produced. So, they cut a deal with the local homeless shelter 3-4 years ago. I have no idea how that works but I do know it is happening and a similar situation exists with truck drivers and their schools. You can be doing quite well for income and still be homeless in the US.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back