Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

So you believe that firearms have a place in American politics? Decisions made only by those packing heat? Where in the second amendment does it say you have the right to fire upon law enforcement officers or military personnel because you fear them?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?
The second amendment does not say you can fire upon law enforcement or military personnel. It does, however mention a well regulated militia. But NOTHING about shooting those with whom you politically disagree.

So we didnt disagree with king george?
Could you please point out where the constitution permits citizens to fire upon law enforcement?
So you believe that firearms have a place in American politics? Decisions made only by those packing heat? Where in the second amendment does it say you have the right to fire upon law enforcement officers or military personnel because you fear them?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?
The second amendment does not say you can fire upon law enforcement or military personnel. It does, however mention a well regulated militia. But NOTHING about shooting those with whom you politically disagree.

Could you please point out where the constitution permits citizens to fire upon law enforcement?

the battle of athens - YouTube It's called "restoring the rule of law".

Answer your question?

Why do you guys keep bringing up that lame example?

They had constitutional recourse at their disposal. They chose to use arms

how stupid a ploy...

you people and your incessant, dishonest word games....

Ok..point out where it specifically forbids it?
Dishonest word games?!? I'm citing the constitution of the United States of America!

The second amendment says the people have a right to bear arms. It does not go on to say the people have the right to fire upon law enforcement.

Ok.it doesn't specifically say they can't, either, does it?

what?..you don't like word games all of a sudden?
What? You cannot understand the constitution of the United States of America all of a sudden?

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

Her remarks certainly scare bed wetting sissies like "journalists" at CNN, but her view is no different than those who founded this country and it should be the view of every single American who values freedom and individual liberty, so you would be excluded.

A Senator who advocates ignoring the Constitutional means to reslove differences with the Government and favors taking up arms when you have a problem?

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

Her remarks certainly scare bed wetting sissies like "journalists" at CNN, but her view is no different than those who founded this country and it should be the view of every single American who values freedom and individual liberty, so you would be excluded.

A Senator who advocates ignoring the Constitutional means to reslove differences with the Government and favors taking up arms when you have a problem?
The constitution provides an aegis for gun nuts in the second amendment. But those same gun nuts are more than willing to ignore the constitution if it means they can take the law into their own hands. Ironic, ain't it?

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There were no First or Second Amendments prior to the advent of our Constitutional Republic.

And as already correctly noted: the intent of our Constitutional Republic was to ensure we never again need to 'take up arms' against a government in fact tyrannical.

Consequently, we are a people subject solely to the rule of law, where the Constitution and its case law are the means by which the people check government overreach, in conjunction with our democratic political process, where the notion of 'armed conflict' with the Federal government is unfounded, unwarranted, and unnecessary.

Last, the Second Amendment enshrines the right of individuals to possess and carry firearms pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense, not to unlawfully attack with firearms Federal officials subjectively perceived to be 'tyrants.'

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

the battle of athens - YouTube

Answer your question?
Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Answer your question?

So, am I to understand that you say this never happened? "Lame example" - were it not for brave men taking up arms against dirtbags like you, we'd all be speaking with an English accent you ass clown.

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There were no First or Second Amendments prior to the advent of our Constitutional Republic.

And as already correctly noted: the intent of our Constitutional Republic was to ensure we never again need to 'take up arms' against a government in fact tyrannical.

Consequently, we are a people subject solely to the rule of law, where the Constitution and its case law are the means by which the people check government overreach, in conjunction with our democratic political process, where the notion of 'armed conflict' with the Federal government is unfounded, unwarranted, and unnecessary.

Last, the Second Amendment enshrines the right of individuals to possess and carry firearms pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense, not to unlawfully attack with firearms Federal officials subjectively perceived to be 'tyrants.'

Bullshit. Meaningless words from a hypocrite.

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Answer your question?

Answer your question?

So, am I to understand that you say this never happened? "Lame example" - were it not for brave men taking up arms against dirtbags like you, we'd all be speaking with an English accent you ass clown.

Or perhaps you mean the "Chicago way" is the way to run government. What a fucking idiot.

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

Answer your question?

Answer your question?

Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

Answer your question?

Answer your question?

Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.

Rightwingy...ponder for a moment or two, "...should they decide that my rights are no longer imporant."

So someone who is prepared to enter the United States Senate believes that if the Government violates her rights that armed rebellion is her best option

Did she miss the Civil rights movement? Was anyone in histories rights violated more than southern blacks? Did they resort to armed rebellion or did they use their Constitutional freedoms to enact change?

Americans have regress if they think Government is violating their rights. They have free speech, they have a free press to take up their case, they have the right to assemble and to protest...most importantly, they have a VOTE

That is the way Americans have handled a repressive Government for generations WITHOUT resorting to guns
Correct.

Moreover, nowhere in Constitutional case law will one find the criteria authorizing or justifying 'armed rebellion' against a Federal government perceived to be 'tyrannical.'

Absent such criteria, the notion of 'armed rebellion' against the Federal government is completely unsupported, and in fact un-Constitutional.

Indeed, Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution addresses this issue and its remedy.

Answer your question?

Answer your question?

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.
Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

Answer your question?

Answer your question?

Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.

Those generations of Americans are long gone. Today we have a nation of roughly 300 million candy asses who are afraid of their own shadow.

Only a panty waste liberal would find her statement alarming.
I guess I can see why it would though.

Foreign or domestic...
You live under a rock?

One does not need the 2nd amendment to retain and exercise their inherent human right to self defense...whether the threat be from criminal, terrorist, or government. Do you believe that being in the employ of government automagically makes one above being a criminal and engaging in criminal acts, including murder?

Leave it to RW to clearly make the case that he fully supports an oppressive Government...

Where did I say that?

I said I advocate citizens using their Constitutional freedoms to fight an oppressive Government. That is something I would expect a Senator to advocate

Then I expect you are actively resisting this President's continuation of his predecessor's policies of unilaterally deciding who is protected by the Constitution and who is not.

I'm going to have to insist on a reference for that

Anwar Al Awaki...or how ever the hell his name is spelled. Who decided that he was fair game for assassination without due process?

Man took up arms against his country and was fair game

He was free to turn himself in at any time and have his full Constitutional rights. Being an enemy combatant, you lose those rights

Took up arms? Where is the evidence? There was no arrest, no trial, no evidence presented that this man took up arms against this country. Indeed, where was he charged with a crime and directed to submit to arrest and incarceration pending trial?

Using your logic, if I, as President, deem what you are writing to be "taking up arms" against our country, I am fully justified in sending a hellfire up your ass, no evidence required, cuz it's a secret.

If the man had been killed on the battlefield actually taking up arms against this country, I would have no problem with it. But that was not the case here...he as a keyboard warrior at best...and if being a keyboard warrior saying the wrong things automagically renders our constitutional rights null and void, god help everyone in this forum.

Talk about twisting words to fit your own twisted definition. How about I come into your home, cuff you, beat you, and rape your wife in front of you....of course you have no right to do anything about it then...you have Constitutional recourse, so until I am done having my way with you and let you go, it's just tough titties, right?

The constitution provides an aegis for gun nuts in the second amendment. But those same gun nuts are more than willing to ignore the constitution if it means they can take the law into their own hands. Ironic, ain't it?

One's right to self defense is not a right that depends on the constitution, it is an inherent human right. You do believe in human rights, right? Or are you of the school that if the right is not documented in the Constitution, you don't have it?

The nuts are the people like you who take words and twist them around for your own ends. Should I be narcing you out to DHS because I suspect you are going to kill someone because of your interpretation of the words of this woman? I think you are planning to use her words to kill someone. I'm skawerd, vewy, vewy skawerd.

Forum List

Back