Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

Again, no one making the mistake of perceiving the Second Amendment as authorizing 'armed rebellion' against the Federal government has provided any evidence that indeed the Amendment authorizes such a thing, nor has anyone provided the criteria as to what constitutes the Federal government being 'tyrannical' to the extent it cannot be remedied through the political or legal process.

Vague, inane, and unsubstantiated references that the Federal government 'might' try to take away our rights, or 'may' seek to deny us our civil liberties are not justification to respond with violence.

That one 'thinks' or 'believes' it to be true doesn't make it so.

Wow, how many strawmen did you fit into just a few sentences? Well done.

Once again, you demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension.
Splain it to me

Read the thread title, read your post, they don't say the same thing. The thread title is completely unsupported.

You got some splain'n to do

Here's the problem. You are functionally illiterate. Since you can't read what she said, you can't read what I say either beyond see Dick run.

You still ain't splain'n Kaz

Read the thread title. Read the article and what she said. They are not the same. They are in fact very different.

“the battle of athens - YouTube It's called "restoring the rule of law".

Answer your question?”

It confirms the fact that you're ignorant of the law.

Indeed, this is an example of contempt for the rule of law.

It's anachronistic, anecdotal, and irrelevant; you've also unwittingly destroyed your own 'argument.'

Splain it to me

Read the thread title, read your post, they don't say the same thing. The thread title is completely unsupported.

Here's the problem. You are functionally illiterate. Since you can't read what she said, you can't read what I say either beyond see Dick run.

Read the thread title. Read the article and what she said. They are not the same. They are in fact very different.

I stand by my thread

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

If and when any loonies, far left or far right, decided to take matters in hand this way, the LEO and armed forces will be unnecessary.

Their neighbors will hunt them down and dispatch them immediately.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

The stupidity of this is multifaceted.

Who are 'they.' And how would 'they' indeed 'decide.'

This is ridiculous, paranoid rightwing lunacy, a hyperbolic stump speech aimed at the ignorant conservative base.

I stand by my thread

Of course you do, you're funtionally illiterate. That's what I said the first time.

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better.

This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it.
Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln

Jan 12, 1848

Indeed. Wasn't that precisely why those folks from England, Ireland and Scotland made their way to this country? And, isn't that why those same people took up arms against the Crown? The Nazi liberals on this board actually believe that "government" (in whatever form it takes) has the absolute right to govern in any way it sees fit (as long as it doesn't infringe on their bullshit causes).

And yes, we've all heard the crap about "vote the rascals out". It's not possible. Absolute power corrupts absolutely - and our "leaders" maintain that they have absolute control over the masses.

Just look at Colorado for example. They (the nazi liberals), in the state government passed sweeping legislation (for the most part) doing away with polling places and replacing them with paper mail in ballots. Why? Because it presents a great opportunity for fraud and deception - which is the only way these assholes operate.

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

And? nothing wrong with what she said. Only a loon would disagree.

Again, no one making the mistake of perceiving the Second Amendment as authorizing 'armed rebellion' against the Federal government has provided any evidence that indeed the Amendment authorizes such a thing, nor has anyone provided the criteria as to what constitutes the Federal government being 'tyrannical' to the extent it cannot be remedied through the political or legal process.

Vague, inane, and unsubstantiated references that the Federal government 'might' try to take away our rights, or 'may' seek to deny us our civil liberties are not justification to respond with violence.

That one 'thinks' or 'believes' it to be true doesn't make it so.
Laughing my ass off at you.

So, am I to understand that you say this never happened? "Lame example" - were it not for brave men taking up arms against dirtbags like you, we'd all be speaking with an English accent you ass clown.
Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.
Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.
Putting gun violence front and center in American politics is a road to certain ruin for our Republic. Do you cherish that gun more than your country? It sounds as if you are advocating a political situation akin to Northern Ireland in the mid 70's.

Here in America, we solve political problems with ballots, not bullets.

There is no way on God's green earth that you are that simple-minded. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with your pussy excuse of "gun violence". The ballot box has become the most corrupted thing in American politics. I do NOT trust EITHER party these days - but I trust the republicans FAR MORE than these liberal Nazi assholes that want to destroy this country. WE DON'T SOLVE SHIT WITH BALLOTS - we just change parties.

YOUR party would leave every American defenseless in their own homes. YOUR party would leave every American bowing to some asshole in the Monster that has become Washington DC. YOU want to bow - be my guest. You are most likely nothing more than a "useful idiot" anyway. Me and mine? I bow to no one. Never have and never will.

You asked "Do you cherish that gun more than your country?" HELL YES!!! Because that gun IS MY COUNTRY. Take that gun away from me and the millions upon millions of citizens who have, hold and keep firearms - and we become the Soviet Union, you clueless fool. I have no doubt whatsoever that one day (hopefully I'm long dead), but one day, they WILL come for the firearms and yes, they will take them. Of that I have no doubt. But which one of those cops wants to be the first one through that door of your neighbor??

You see, thankfully, most are not like you. They will STAND for what is right - even at the expense of their own lives. What the hell do YOU stand for?

This is ridiculous, paranoid rightwing lunacy, a hyperbolic stump speech aimed at the ignorant conservative base.
They gleefully "lap it up". That why their eXtreme rw pols use that alarmist rhetoric.

Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.
Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.
Putting gun violence front and center in American politics is a road to certain ruin for our Republic. Do you cherish that gun more than your country? It sounds as if you are advocating a political situation akin to Northern Ireland in the mid 70's.

There is no way on God's green earth that you are that simple-minded. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with your pussy excuse of "gun violence". The ballot box has become the most corrupted thing in American politics. I do NOT trust EITHER party these days - but I trust the republicans FAR MORE than these liberal Nazi assholes that want to destroy this country. WE DON'T SOLVE SHIT WITH BALLOTS - we just change parties.

YOUR party would leave every American defenseless in their own homes. YOUR party would leave every American bowing to some asshole in the Monster that has become Washington DC. YOU want to bow - be my guest. You are most likely nothing more than a "useful idiot" anyway. Me and mine? I bow to no one. Never have and never will.

You asked "Do you cherish that gun more than your country?" HELL YES!!! Because that gun IS MY COUNTRY. Take that gun away from me and the millions upon millions of citizens who have, hold and keep firearms - and we become the Soviet Union, you clueless fool. I have no doubt whatsoever that one day (hopefully I'm long dead), but one day, they WILL come for the firearms and yes, they will take them. Of that I have no doubt. But which one of those cops wants to be the first one through that door of your neighbor??

You see, thankfully, most are not like you. They will STAND for what is right - even at the expense of their own lives. What the hell do YOU stand for?
What do I stand for? Free and fair elections, the rule of law, a civilized nation free of guns imposing the flavor of the day in political ideology, knowledge and the free exchange of ideas, science and the truth it brings to civilization, reason over fear, light over darkness.

And you stand for guns.

Which of us do you suppose is regarded as the more noble of the two?

They would be whomever it is that is attempting to take away her rights to the point that she needs to use deadly force at the time, you moron. Just because you don't understand the rules of deadly force doesn't mean the rest of us share your ignorance.

And I'm the idiot.

What do I stand for? Free and fair elections, the rule of law, a civilized nation free of guns imposing the flavor of the day in political ideology, knowledge and the free exchange of ideas, science and the truth it brings to civilization, reason over fear, light over darkness.

And you stand for guns.

I'll tell you this much numbnutts - your ability to stand for those things (which no longer exist except in your mind) comes from "rough men with rifles". You'd do well to remember that the next time you crawl out from under your rock and step on your soap box. ;)

And I'm the idiot.

And you stand for guns.

I stand for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... and the means to defend it when threatened. You stand against an inanimate object, a tool. Noble is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it's pretty certain that the idiot stares back at you in your mirror.

“the battle of athens - YouTube It's called "restoring the rule of law".

Answer your question?”

It confirms the fact that you're ignorant of the law.

Indeed, this is an example of contempt for the rule of law.

It's anachronistic, anecdotal, and irrelevant; you've also unwittingly destroyed your own 'argument.'

Fuck you you hypocritical asshole. I HAVE contempt for your bullshit "rule of law" that assholes like you trot out when it benefits you. You are a lying piece of shit that wouldn't know the equal application of the law if it jumped up and bit you on your smug ass.

Forum List

Back