Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

Her remarks certainly scare bed wetting sissies like "journalists" at CNN, but her view is no different than those who founded this country and it should be the view of every single American who values freedom and individual liberty, so you would be excluded.
This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There were no First or Second Amendments prior to the advent of our Constitutional Republic.

And as already correctly noted: the intent of our Constitutional Republic was to ensure we never again need to 'take up arms' against a government in fact tyrannical.

Consequently, we are a people subject solely to the rule of law, where the Constitution and its case law are the means by which the people check government overreach, in conjunction with our democratic political process, where the notion of 'armed conflict' with the Federal government is unfounded, unwarranted, and unnecessary.

Last, the Second Amendment enshrines the right of individuals to possess and carry firearms pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense, not to unlawfully attack with firearms Federal officials subjectively perceived to be 'tyrants.'

The right to self defense is not dependent upon the 2nd amendment or even the Constitution. It is an inherent human right.

As far as the Constitution goes, note how you conveniently omit mention of these two amendments

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The government is not granted the right to infringe upon my rights until such time as I can get to court, and I am not barred from shooting the moron who attempts to pull such a stunt.

Why do you guys keep bringing up that lame example?

They had constitutional recourse at their disposal. They chose to use arms

So, am I to understand that you say this never happened? "Lame example" - were it not for brave men taking up arms against dirtbags like you, we'd all be speaking with an English accent you ass clown.
Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.
Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.
Putting gun violence front and center in American politics is a road to certain ruin for our Republic. Do you cherish that gun more than your country? It sounds as if you are advocating a political situation akin to Northern Ireland in the mid 70's.

Here in America, we solve political problems with ballots, not bullets.

Could you please point out where the constitution permits citizens to fire upon law enforcement?
Could you please point out where the constitution permits citizens to fire upon law enforcement?

the battle of athens - YouTube

Answer your question?
the battle of athens - YouTube It's called "restoring the rule of law".

Answer your question?

Why do you guys keep bringing up that lame example?

They had constitutional recourse at their disposal. They chose to use arms

So, am I to understand that you say this never happened? "Lame example" - were it not for brave men taking up arms against dirtbags like you, we'd all be speaking with an English accent you ass clown.
Our accents were determined by a batch of hillbillies in 1946? Shucks! I'll be put in a poke and dipped in a still!

You'll no doubt be dipped in shit if, for no other reason, than being a fucking idiot.
Have you read the posts defending this Iowa pol for citing a 'right' that does not exist, but is, in fact, a felony crime?

And I'm the idiot.

If you deny the basic human right to defend one's self and family from harm from anyone, government or not, yes you are the idiot.

Riddle, me this, if I am wearing a badge, do you waive your right to defend yourself if I break into your home, rape your wabbit and boil you in a pot? If so...please put the pot on to boil and dress up your wabbit in something frilly.

And I'm the idiot.

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.
Putting gun violence front and center in American politics is a road to certain ruin for our Republic. Do you cherish that gun more than your country? It sounds as if you are advocating a political situation akin to Northern Ireland in the mid 70's.

Here in America, we solve political problems with ballots, not bullets.

Defending one's self from those who wish to illegally infringe upon their rights is not a political problem, it is a criminal problem....no matter who you work for.

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

Her remarks certainly scare bed wetting sissies like "journalists" at CNN, but her view is no different than those who founded this country and it should be the view of every single American who values freedom and individual liberty, so you would be excluded.
This also fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There were no First or Second Amendments prior to the advent of our Constitutional Republic.

And as already correctly noted: the intent of our Constitutional Republic was to ensure we never again need to 'take up arms' against a government in fact tyrannical.

Consequently, we are a people subject solely to the rule of law, where the Constitution and its case law are the means by which the people check government overreach, in conjunction with our democratic political process, where the notion of 'armed conflict' with the Federal government is unfounded, unwarranted, and unnecessary.

Last, the Second Amendment enshrines the right of individuals to possess and carry firearms pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense, not to unlawfully attack with firearms Federal officials subjectively perceived to be 'tyrants.'

The right to self defense is not dependent upon the 2nd amendment or even the Constitution. It is an inherent human right.

As far as the Constitution goes, note how you conveniently omit mention of these two amendments

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The government is not granted the right to infringe upon my rights until such time as I can get to court, and I am not barred from shooting the moron who attempts to pull such a stunt.
Fortunately, any attitude you have toward government is tempered by the rule of law. And that law says firing upon law enforcement because you don't like the law is, in fact, a Capital offense.

A Senator who advocates ignoring the Constitutional means to reslove differences with the Government and favors taking up arms when you have a problem?

The precedent was set by your so-called "president" who routinely ignores the Constitution.

Surely you do believe you have a point?

"One's right to self defense is not a right that depends on the constitution"

If you live in the United States it is.

You would have to ask Ernst which rights she thinks are important enough to defend with gun violence

Given it was an NRA convention, I doubt if it was
Right to vote
Freedom of speech
Freedom of the press
Civil Rights
Right to assembly

My guess is that guns is the only right she would resort to gun violence about

Last edited:

Once again, you demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension.

RW... I don't see any problem with her statements. Over analyzing a little, aren't we? She is definitely a patriot.

Imagine if his country was going to make RW get a job and support himself. He'd be ready to take up arms against it too.

So we didnt disagree with king george?

how stupid a ploy...

you people and your incessant, dishonest word games....

Ok..point out where it specifically forbids it?
Dishonest word games?!? I'm citing the constitution of the United States of America!

The second amendment says the people have a right to bear arms. It does not go on to say the people have the right to fire upon law enforcement.

Ok.it doesn't specifically say they can't, either, does it?

what?..you don't like word games all of a sudden?
What? You cannot understand the constitution of the United States of America all of a sudden?

I have it right here in front of me. What do you want to know?

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Splain it to me

Splain it to me

Read the thread title, read your post, they don't say the same thing. The thread title is completely unsupported.

Again, no one making the mistake of perceiving the Second Amendment as authorizing 'armed rebellion' against the Federal government has provided any evidence that indeed the Amendment authorizes such a thing, nor has anyone provided the criteria as to what constitutes the Federal government being 'tyrannical' to the extent it cannot be remedied through the political or legal process.

Vague, inane, and unsubstantiated references that the Federal government 'might' try to take away our rights, or 'may' seek to deny us our civil liberties are not justification to respond with violence.

That one 'thinks' or 'believes' it to be true doesn't make it so.

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better.

This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it.
Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln

Jan 12, 1848

Splain it to me

Read the thread title, read your post, they don't say the same thing. The thread title is completely unsupported.

You got some splain'n to do

Splain it to me

Here's the problem. You are functionally illiterate. Since you can't read what she said, you can't read what I say either beyond see Dick run.

Again, no one making the mistake of perceiving the Second Amendment as authorizing 'armed rebellion' against the Federal government has provided any evidence that indeed the Amendment authorizes such a thing, nor has anyone provided the criteria as to what constitutes the Federal government being 'tyrannical' to the extent it cannot be remedied through the political or legal process.

Vague, inane, and unsubstantiated references that the Federal government 'might' try to take away our rights, or 'may' seek to deny us our civil liberties are not justification to respond with violence.

That one 'thinks' or 'believes' it to be true doesn't make it so.
Why Repub voters? :( Why do you hate America?!!! :mad-61:

Splain it to me

Here's the problem. You are functionally illiterate. Since you can't read what she said, you can't read what I say either beyond see Dick run.

You still ain't splain'n Kaz

Forum List

Back