IQ Test: take it

Thats true. Wrong is wrong but how do you determine what is wrong? In your opinion its meaningless. In my opinion its a very serious question. What makes my opinion wrong and yours right if there are no facts to verify the truth? There is nothing that makes painting the wrong answer except the test makers opinion. Which again is not a fact.
If this were Jeopardy, Alex would laugh you off the stage.
Fortunately this isnt jeopardy and Alex doesnt really rank in my world. Besides if he cant explain the following question either then I would assume its just nervous laughter. Do you have any logic that explains why "painting" is not a correct answer?
No looking at the question but as I recall, there were three art forms and a flower.

A flower is not an art form like a painting, poem or song.

I got a 145.

Where do who find the ones you missed?

I would assume you would have to figure out which ones you got wrong by process of elimination. I dont see a key. I have a question no one seems to be able to answer.

Why is painting not the correct answer since it is the only one that ends in "ing" and lacks the letter o?

Why do you think a flower is not an art form?
You overthought it.

And are too technical.
I over thought it and got it right. My first thought was "painting" for the reasons I stated. Why would you say I over thought it if you can provide no explanation as to why "painting" is not the right answer?

No looking at the question but as I recall, there were three art forms and a flower.

A flower is not an art form like a painting, poem or song.

I got a 145.

Where do who find the ones you missed?

I would assume you would have to figure out which ones you got wrong by process of elimination. I dont see a key. I have a question no one seems to be able to answer.

Why is painting not the correct answer since it is the only one that ends in "ing" and lacks the letter o?

Do you feel like you're looking at the results of a "teach to the test" educational system?
Basically. I have met no one that can explain to me why a intelligence test is asking questions that requires accumulated knowledge and or a cultural mindset that is similar to the test maker. Intelligence is defined as the ability to learn or apply knowledge.
How do you test application of knowledge when the dumb ass black guy taking the test insists that the test must assume that no one has any knowledge whatsoever. Every single word on the test has to have a definition or it's not "fair?" We have to teach an Entire language before the first question is asked? News flash... if you are an adult and still don't know what a song is or a flower... you've got a serious problem and it's not your skin color.
Thanks for highlighting that dumb ass white guy. Thats why I say its impossible to test intelligence with current IQ tests. It only tests for assimilation and accumulated knowledge. That's not intelligence. That's regurgitating what you were taught which can be done without understanding.
Just because some of the questions must include use of assumed knowledge that EVERYONE should know, does not mean the tests ONLY include questions that assume accumulated knowledge. But yes, if you are an ignorant fool you're not gonna score good on IQ tests. Surprise!

Do you feel like you're looking at the results of a "teach to the test" educational system?
Basically. I have met no one that can explain to me why a intelligence test is asking questions that requires accumulated knowledge and or a cultural mindset that is similar to the test maker. Intelligence is defined as the ability to learn or apply knowledge.
How do you test application of knowledge when the dumb ass black guy taking the test insists that the test must assume that no one has any knowledge whatsoever. Every single word on the test has to have a definition or it's not "fair?" We have to teach an Entire language before the first question is asked? News flash... if you are an adult and still don't know what a song is or a flower... you've got a serious problem and it's not your skin color.
Thanks for highlighting that dumb ass white guy. Thats why I say its impossible to test intelligence with current IQ tests. It only tests for assimilation and accumulated knowledge. That's not intelligence. That's regurgitating what you were taught which can be done without understanding.
Just because some of the questions must include use of assumed knowledge that EVERYONE should know, does not mean the tests ONLY include questions that assume accumulated knowledge. But yes, if you are an ignorant fool you're not gonna score good on IQ tests. Surprise!
You're deflecting again. No one said all the questions required accumulated knowledge. The point is that you cant have questions regarding accumulated knowledge if you are simply measuring intelligence. Doesnt matter at all if someone should know it. If they have never been exposed to certain concepts or taught a specific definition they will not have the accumulated knowledge and therefore the IQ test is not a true indicator of intelligence. Its simply a test of what knowledge you were taught.

You're deflecting again. No one said all the questions required accumulated knowledge. The point is that you cant have questions regarding accumulated knowledge if you are simply measuring intelligence. Doesnt matter at all if someone should know it. If they have never been exposed to certain concepts or taught a specific definition they will not have the accumulated knowledge and therefore the IQ test is not a true indicator of intelligence. Its simply a test of what knowledge you were taught.
I said "only" because you said "only." Which goes to my point, if you can't remember saying "only" you're not gonna score high. The ability to accumulate basic knowledge is a part of intelligence. Songs are universal. Your accusation that the words song and flower are not universal words that everyone should know is ridiculous. However, many of the words used in intelligence tests are bound to be less universally known. For example, a great many people of lower IQ are not going to know what accumulate means.

I said "only" because you said "only." Which goes to my point, if you can't remember saying "only" you're not gonna score high. The ability to accumulate basic knowledge is a part of intelligence. Songs are universal. Your accusation that the words song and flower are not universal words that everyone should know is ridiculous. However, many of the words used in intelligence tests are bound to be less universally known. For example, a great many people of lower IQ are not going to know what accumulate means.
You must not be very bright then. My use of the word "only" had no bearing on your use of it. My use was to point out that it only tested assimilation and accumulated knowledge. Your use of the word only excluded assimilation. Do you understand your error now?
Who told you I made an accusation that song and flower are not universally known? Please quote that if you can. Dont start backpedaling and lying because you cant support your argument. A IQ test doesnt allow you to accumulate and apply knowledge during the test. You have to know that coming in.

You must not be very bright then. My use of the word "only" had no bearing on your use of it. My use was to point out that it only tested assimilation and accumulated knowledge. Your use of the word only excluded assimilation. Do you understand your error now?
Who told you I made an accusation that song and flower are not universally known? Please quote that if you can. Dont start backpedaling and lying because you cant support your argument. A IQ test doesnt allow you to accumulate and apply knowledge during the test. You have to know that coming in.
as·sim·i·late
: to learn (something) so that it is fully understood and can be used

ac·cu·mu·late
: to gather or acquire (something) gradually as time passes

Assimilated knowledge is accumulated knowledge. Do you understand your error now?

As per your knew accusation that the question about the difference between art and flowers was a good question for the intelligence test... well everyone knows you are lying. How many times do you have to state the answer could have been painting not flower before you understand your error?

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

Assimilated knowledge is accumulated knowledge. Do you understand your error now?

As per your knew accusation that the question about the difference between art and flowers was a good question for the intelligence test... well everyone knows you are lying. How many times do you have to state the answer could have been painting not flower before you understand your error?

No stupid. I said assimilation not assimilated knowledge. Do you understand your error now?

assimilation

:The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.”

I asked you to quote me claiming that song and flower are not universally known. I guess you couldnt find that so again you divert into some inane drivel.

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

No stupid. I said assimilation not assimilated knowledge. Do you understand your error now?

assimilation

:The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.”

I asked you to quote me claiming that song and flower are not universally known. I guess you couldnt find that so again you divert into some inane drivel.
^Liar.

Your statements are just above in this thread dumb ass. No reason to lie like a little bitch about it.

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

assimilation

^Liar.

Your statements are just above in this thread dumb ass. No reason to lie like a little bitch about it.

My use was to point out that it only tested assimilation and accumulated knowledge.

Thats right. My statement is just above. Quote where I ever said "assimilated knowledge" liar. We know you cant because you would have done it just like you cant quote me saying a song and flower are not universally known. You can admit you were wrong. Its a sign of maturity.

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

assimilation

^Liar.

My use was to point out that it only tested assimilation and accumulated knowledge.

Thats right. My statement is just above. Quote where I ever said "assimilated knowledge" liar. We know you cant because you would have done it just like you cant quote me saying a song and flower are not universally known. You can admit you were wrong. Its a sign of maturity.
Assimilation is accumulation of knowledge, dumb ass... how many times do you have to be told that? Additionally you stated assimilated and accumulated knowledge, for example a first and second knowledge. The brown fox pissed on the white and black socks. Maybe you need to learn how to write.

Further, you ducking said a dozen times that there was no proof that everyone should know what a flower and a song were, thus you said they were not universally known, dumb ass.

Last edited:
There is such a thing as a cake plate but I've never heard of a cake dish.
I'm just the opposite. Never heard of a cake plate but there is a cake dish.

Anchor Hocking Square Cake Dish w Truefit Lid
Yes, dish could have been the correct answer. I think the writers of the test screwed the pooch on that one. Putting a cake on a plate is not the same as putting coffee in a cup. Though they could have changed it to "putting coffee in a cup for serving is to .. putting a cake on a plate"... but dish is still also correct. What if the cake was a cuban three milk cake? The milk would pour out onto the ground. Which is stupid. Further, a plate is a dish... duh!

All that said... being white, black, or brown does not change the fact that this question was bogus.
I eat tres leches on a plate.

Yes, dish could have been the correct answer. I think the writers of the test screwed the pooch on that one. Putting a cake on a plate is not the same as putting coffee in a cup. Though they could have changed it to "putting coffee in a cup for serving is to .. putting a cake on a plate"... but dish is still also correct. What if the cake was a cuban three milk cake? The milk would pour out onto the ground. Which is stupid. Further, a plate is a dish... duh!

All that said... being white, black, or brown does not change the fact that this question was bogus.
With cuban coffee? OMG that stuff is sooo good. Used to eat it at a cuban cafe in Boca.

With cuban coffee? OMG that stuff is sooo good. Used to eat it at a cuban cafe in Boca.
I love them both but not together. I just looked at google images for tres leches and it always seems to be served on a plate ;)

I love them both but not together. I just looked at google images for tres leches and it always seems to be served on a plate ;)
Don't let my story get in the way of facts.

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

assimilation

^Liar.

Assimilation is accumulation of knowledge, dumb ass... how many times do you have to be told that? Additionally you stated assimilated and accumulated knowledge, for example a first and second knowledge. The brown fox pissed on the white and black socks. Maybe you need to learn how to write.

Further, you ducking said a dozen times that there was no proof that everyone should know what a flower and a song were, thus you said they were not universally known, dumb ass.

No matter how thoroughly you make a fool of yourself you are wrong.

assimilation

as·sim·i·late

ac·cu·mu·late

assimilation

^Liar.

assimilation

ROFL yeah cause culture isn't based on knowledge.. ROFL Please tell the class how to assimilate culture without storing cultural information in that mushy stuff between your ears. Where do you put that assimilated culture? Up your ass?

assimilation

^Liar.

assimilation

ROFL yeah cause culture isn't based on knowledge.. ROFL Please tell the class how to assimilate culture without storing cultural information in that mushy stuff between your ears. Where do you put that assimilated culture? Up your ass?

Dont be embarrased you didnt know what assimilation was and mixed it up with accumulated knowledge. You claimed they were the same because aliens told you so. Your aliens were wrong. :laugh:

Forum List

Back