IQ Test: take it

It's meaningless, imo. You could say the same about the choices where every word starts with s except the word hearing. Wrong is just wrong.
Thats true. Wrong is wrong but how do you determine what is wrong? In your opinion its meaningless. In my opinion its a very serious question. What makes my opinion wrong and yours right if there are no facts to verify the truth? There is nothing that makes painting the wrong answer except the test makers opinion. Which again is not a fact.
If this were Jeopardy, Alex would laugh you off the stage.
Fortunately this isnt jeopardy and Alex doesnt really rank in my world. Besides if he cant explain the following question either then I would assume its just nervous laughter. Do you have any logic that explains why "painting" is not a correct answer?
No looking at the question but as I recall, there were three art forms and a flower.

A flower is not an art form like a painting, poem or song.

I got a 145.

Where do who find the ones you missed?

It's meaningless, imo. You could say the same about the choices where every word starts with s except the word hearing. Wrong is just wrong.
Thats true. Wrong is wrong but how do you determine what is wrong? In your opinion its meaningless. In my opinion its a very serious question. What makes my opinion wrong and yours right if there are no facts to verify the truth? There is nothing that makes painting the wrong answer except the test makers opinion. Which again is not a fact.
Fortunately this isnt jeopardy and Alex doesnt really rank in my world. Besides if he cant explain the following question either then I would assume its just nervous laughter. Do you have any logic that explains why "painting" is not a correct answer?
No looking at the question but as I recall, there were three art forms and a flower.

I got a 145.

I didn't see the ones I missed. Perhaps they didn't show.

And yes, I recall that question, too. I answered it correctly, but I think Asclepias makes a good point about other ways to group and classify the answers.

It's like a kid being told to put the foods that are alike together into groups (expecting fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc) and he puts a green m&m in the same group as lettuce.

I got a 145.

I would assume you would have to figure out which ones you got wrong by process of elimination. I dont see a key. I have a question no one seems to be able to answer.

Why is painting not the correct answer since it is the only one that ends in "ing" and lacks the letter o?

Why do you think a flower is not an art form?

I got a 145.

I would assume you would have to figure out which ones you got wrong by process of elimination. I dont see a key. I have a question no one seems to be able to answer.

Why is painting not the correct answer since it is the only one that ends in "ing" and lacks the letter o?

Do you feel like you're looking at the results of a "teach to the test" educational system?

I got a 145.

Do you feel like you're looking at the results of a "teach to the test" educational system?
Basically. I have met no one that can explain to me why a intelligence test is asking questions that requires accumulated knowledge and or a cultural mindset that is similar to the test maker. Intelligence is defined as the ability to learn or apply knowledge.

Last edited:
Found another one that has no apparent reasoning.

Coffee is to cup, what cake is to...

What is the difference between a plate and a dish? Plate is the correct answer.

Free IQ Test - Fast Free and Accurate Online IQ Test
Here's a more thorough test.
l125.gif
left_arrow.gif

There is such a thing as a cake plate but I've never heard of a cake dish.
I'm just the opposite. Never heard of a cake plate but there is a cake dish.

Anchor Hocking Square Cake Dish w Truefit Lid
That doesn't work. You don't brew coffee in a cup, it is merely the vessel that holds it on its way to your mouth.

Yes you can brew coffee in a cup just like you do tea. I do it every now and then instead of making a whole pot of coffee.

coffee-singles-regular-box.jpg

I got a 145.

Basically. I have met no one that can explain to me why a intelligence test is asking questions that requires accumulated knowledge and or a cultural mindset that is similar to the test maker. Intelligence is defined as the ability to learn or apply knowledge.
How do you test application of knowledge when the dumb ass black guy taking the test insists that the test must assume that no one has any knowledge whatsoever. Every single word on the test has to have a definition or it's not "fair?" We have to teach an Entire language before the first question is asked? News flash... if you are an adult and still don't know what a song is or a flower... you've got a serious problem and it's not your skin color.

There is such a thing as a cake plate but I've never heard of a cake dish.
I'm just the opposite. Never heard of a cake plate but there is a cake dish.

Anchor Hocking Square Cake Dish w Truefit Lid
Yes, dish could have been the correct answer. I think the writers of the test screwed the pooch on that one. Putting a cake on a plate is not the same as putting coffee in a cup. Though they could have changed it to "putting coffee in a cup for serving is to .. putting a cake on a plate"... but dish is still also correct. What if the cake was a cuban three milk cake? The milk would pour out onto the ground. Which is stupid. Further, a plate is a dish... duh!

All that said... being white, black, or brown does not change the fact that this question was bogus.

I got a 145.

How do you test application of knowledge when the dumb ass black guy taking the test insists that the test must assume that no one has any knowledge whatsoever. Every single word on the test has to have a definition or it's not "fair?" We have to teach an Entire language before the first question is asked? News flash... if you are an adult and still don't know what a song is or a flower... you've got a serious problem and it's not your skin color.
Thanks for highlighting that dumb ass white guy. Thats why I say its impossible to test intelligence with current IQ tests. It only tests for assimilation and accumulated knowledge. That's not intelligence. That's regurgitating what you were taught which can be done without understanding.

Last edited:

I got a 145.

You overthought it.

And are too technical.

Forum List

Back