Iq tests mean nothing.

I don't believe that they mean nothing.

I believe that the science of the brain is still in it's infancy. There is much we don't know still. I believe that there is many types of intelligence, common sense is another type.

Certainly, the standard IQ test indicates a certain kind of intelligence. Those tests aren't easy to score high on.

IQ tests are the BEST possible indicator of how well one can do on an IQ test.

They can be useful indicators for how well one might do in an academic environment where reading and math skills are highly useful.

There are at least 7 kinds of human intelligence. (I suspect there's hundreds).

That is WHY IQ test outcomes and success in life are NOT highly correlated.

One can be smart as a whip but if ones interpersonal intelligence is low one is unlikely to do very well in life as but one example of why smart don't mean all that much.

Now why is that?

Because humans are SOCIAL creatures and our success typically depends on the goodwill of others and our ability to work and get along with others.

I mean do we not all know at least a few people who are basically dumber than posts but whose charm (interpersonael intelligence) is so vast that we cannot help but like them and want to help them do well?
Completely true, but realize you're addressing the parochial disposition which myopically looks only towards justification of preconceived casuistic convictions. Their view negates the possibility of objective observation.

I wouldn't say IQ tests mean nothing.....but they are clearly not a very exact measure of intelligence. Just what constitutes intelligence is something without a clear consensus, so testing for such an ill-defined concept is pretty difficult. :tongue:

There is probably a topic like this but Ill make another one anyway.

I have seen posts on here and on other sites about Iq tests and how non whites and non Asians don't do very well. Apparently blacks average 80 to 85. On stormfront, they use this fact to make it seem like Africans and African Americans are dumb and cannot manage through white societies.

This man even stated that there are intelligent differences in races. This is sad coming from a so called expert on this topic.
Race Differences in Intelligence - YouTube
If you watch the whole video, he mentions that Europeans that larger brains than Africans and that is what makes them smarter. I am no scientist, but I am pretty sure if brain size was the case, elephants and whales would dominate the earth. Saying that brain size matters pretty much destroyed this mans credibility.

Iq tests do not measure intelligence because there are different types of intelligence.

There is spatial intelligence which is the ability to visualize with the minds eye or visualizing in general.
There is linguistic intelligence which is the ability to read and write extremely well as well as memorizing different languages and very good at story telling. Actors are a good example.

There is Kinesthetic intelligence. The ability to ones bodily motions and the capacity to to handle objects without too much effort. This can be seen when going to the circus and seeing what people can do like massive juggling, able to walk over a rope with ease, and having great balance. Waiters in restaurants have to develop this type of intelligence to make sure they don't drop anything.

There is also auditory intelligence. The ability to compose music, sing with good pitches, and doesn't take them generally very long to master a instrument.

There is also interpersonal intelligence. The ability to interact with others and cooperating as a group.

There is also intrapersonal intelligence which is the ability to be more aware of the self and know their own strengths and weaknesses.

The one I'm about to mention doesn't really have a name so Ill just give it one. Speed intelligence. How fast a person can understand or comprehend something. This however can range depending on what the person is learning.

If IQ tests determine intelligence, I guess non whites are bad at just about everything I listed. Usually IQ tests are math and reading questions. I haven't seen too many of the intelligences Ive posted be tested. A white person who is great in math may get a horrible IQ score on a auditory IQ test.

What I really hate the most is, is that people seem to forget that intelligence can be increased over time and through practice. For example, I have Autism. Originally when I was very young, I couldn't interact with others very well. I was an outcast because of how I interacted with people. Over time and through persistence, I beat it. I am now in high school as a Junior 17 years of age, and have no problem cooperating with people or making friends. I could start a conversation with no effort just as easily as the so called "Normal person" can. I have a bit of Spatial intelligence, but mostly in chess. I can visualize several moves ahead and this is something that all chess players HAVE to develop. If they can't, you will never be a grandmaster.

I am not very bright when it comes to math (always get D's in Algebra and often spend a long time on just one problem) ,but I do excel in reading comprehension and reading in general.

People also seem to do better on stuff they enjoy rather than something they don't. In computer class, everyone is supposed to follow along with the teacher and almost all the time, I fall behind. I simply cannot catch up with everyone else. Almost everyday I need help how to get back up or when I cannot understand a simple direction, yet when at the chess club or playing or practicing chess in general, I could memorize entire games and get into perfect detail about what happened in the game and the mistakes and etc. When you like something, almost naturally your performance is going to be well.

People who rely on IQ tests seem to think that once you get your score, your stuck with that intelligence for life. My dad started off with a 90. His IQ now is 135! How? Because he increased his intelligence through practice. We are not animals with limited intelligence. Humans have the capacity to learn and comprehend regardless what race you are.

Regardless what race starts off more intelligent than the other, anyone can increase and there aren't too many people on this planet who have very high skills in all of the intelligences I have shown. The only way a person can do this is through practice which could take years for some people. No race can have all of that naturally with not much practice and skill.

Before ending this topic, Ill use some examples.
Artists taking IQ tests that is primarily math.
A man with "Street smarts" taking an IQ test about auditory.
An algebra teacher trying to balance on a rope or juggling.

At first, they likely won't do very well but if they keep trying and learning, their intelligence will increase and their capabilities will expand. The main point is, IQ doesn't determine intelligence or even estimate it for that matter. Have any of you guys been to Sana Monica and played chess with some of the street bums? They seem dumb as rocks until they tell you a good descriptive story or play chess with them.

What saddens me, is that these tests can lower someones self esteem and make them feel like they are actually dumb and have little capability. It can also give a person false hope that they are actually a genius in a certain type of intelligence, and then find out later they just got lucky on the IQ test. Multiple choice or even just by guessing.

Once again, there are different intelligences. I may suck at algebra and processing complicated information in certain classes, but I can easily tell you all a great story or tell you all chess games without even having to look in a book or search the web. Preferably games done by Paul Morphy and Bobby Fischer. I'm also good with philosophy and understanding humans.

Do you still think IQ tests matter? And if so, why?

From what I understand, IQ tests what you know in relation to what other people of your age know. My parents had our IQs tested before we even entered school and my sister, the only one of us 5 to graduate from college scored the lowest. IQs don't really mean squat. It's what you do with yourself that counts.

Oh, and yes, most parents wouldn't tell their children things like that but my mother came over the night before my wedding to give me "the talk". There were 5 bottles of wine in the house when she came and none the next morning. I drank 2 glasses. I learned things that no child should ever know. :D

We may of all started out in Africa but evolution took hold and humanity branched off. All of humanity is different within one way or another as environmental forcing/climate dictated divergence within our paths.

-Europeans and northeastern Asians had to deal with the ice age.
-Africans had a slightly more favorable environment during the majority of the past 150 thousand years.

Last edited:
the cheapest way to slove any of our problems of talent later is to make sure all children get what they need to be the best them they can be.

you on the right think you save the dime and allow the kids to be damaged for life.

Were you deprived of nutrition as a child? It would explain a lot.

We may of all started out in Africa but evolution took hold and humanity branched off. All of humanity is different within one way or another as environmental forcing/climate dictated divergence within our paths.

-Europeans and northeastern Asians had to deal with the ice age.
-Africans had a slightly more favorable environment during the majority of the past 150 thousand years.

Christ....You are so stupid

You could say the same about the test you take. Truth be told the test, tests your knowledge of the subject. Iq=your ability to reason and think through things.

Both tell something about you.

Matthew you are absolute proof that IQ tests means nothing. You're white (if you claim to be) you're an idiot. You're living proof.

Thanks for the insightful post into your life Malikc6. Having read your opening post on the topic as well as those of various respondents, I have come to my own conclusion about IQ and its value. THe Armed Forces give a General Test to all recruits to determine some inkling of what occupational specialty they are qualified for. That sort of testing IS meaningful. If the municipal systems around the country would adopt that feature and steer individual children towards their natural interests, my feeling is that the inner city IQ test scores would rise by about two standard deviation at least. Getting inner city children familiar with real life associations involving math and science would do wonders. Grouping each individual with those of like interests and tailoring their education towards their mutual goals would probably produce results like those in the link below:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/282747-the-smartest-family-in-britain-is-black.html#post6929897

Last edited:
There is so some truth to differences in races, but the ability to reason, learn, and have morals has nothing to do with race. Its all about the individual. I mean every time I say that, people cry Africa.

"Africa is bad. You think its because their individuals? Blacks are just stupid."
Absolutely incorrect. Yes, everyone is an individual and as a individual, you can become an influence good or bad. You know a place that is bad and thats not black? Mississippi. Its a completely backwards state that is too stubborn to realize it needs help. Mississippi has more infant deaths than Botswana! Heart disease is one of the main causes of death.

Just read these.
Mississippi is state with highest poverty and lowest income - Sep. 20, 2012
Infant deaths: Searching for answers in Mississippi - CNN.com

Their education system sucks and they still segregate public schools.
Mississippi Is Often Ranked Last in Education. Will the Governor's Plan for Radical Change Work?

In Southern Towns, 'Segregation Academies' Are Still Going Strong - Sarah Carr - The Atlantic

Mississippi is mostly white and their state sucks! I don't think its the color of their skin or cultural heritage. I think its because there are too many stupid ignorant people stuck in the 1930s and 50s that just rather suffer and die then make a change. Same with some parts in Africa, and Africa is actually getting better as of now. It likely won't take them too long before they become equal to Europe and sometime today or tomorrow, I will make a thread about that.

It all comes down to the individuals. Not race. Mississippi is mostly populated by whites, yet has the lowest ranking in education. There are plenty of schools around the United States that have a lot of Mexicans, Blacks, and mixed races and they are much more educated than those poor devils in Mississippi.

Last edited:
There is so some truth to differences in races, but the ability to reason, learn, and have morals has nothing to do with race. Its all about the individual. I mean every time I say that, people cry Africa.

"Africa is bad. You think its because their individuals? Blacks are just stupid."
Absolutely incorrect. Yes, everyone is an individual and as a individual, you can become an influence good or bad. You know a place that is bad and thats not black? Mississippi. Its a completely backwards state that is too stubborn to realize it needs help. Mississippi has more infant deaths than Botswana! Heart disease is one of the main causes of death.

Just read these.
Mississippi is state with highest poverty and lowest income - Sep. 20, 2012
Infant deaths: Searching for answers in Mississippi - CNN.com

Their education system sucks and they still segregate public schools.
Mississippi Is Often Ranked Last in Education. Will the Governor's Plan for Radical Change Work?

In Southern Towns, 'Segregation Academies' Are Still Going Strong - Sarah Carr - The Atlantic

Mississippi is mostly white and their state sucks! I don't think its the color of their skin or cultural heritage. I think its because there are too many stupid ignorant people stuck in the 1930s and 50s that just rather suffer and die then make a change. Same with some parts in Africa, and Africa is actually getting better as of now. It likely won't take them too long before they become equal to Europe and sometime today or tomorrow, I will make a thread about that.

It all comes down to the individuals. Not race. Mississippi is mostly populated by whites, yet has the lowest ranking in education. There are plenty of schools around the United States that have a lot of Mexicans, Blacks, and mixed races and they are much more educated than those poor devils in Mississippi.

I love Mississippi. Poor devils? Kiss my ass. And the state is gorgeous and to die for.

Simple folk for true when you hit honest to goodness rural. But thats why I love what I love.

I can't believe what you just posted.

Forum List

Back