Irony: Republicans Cut Food Stamps On Their Own Constituents

Why does the article link to everything EXCEPT the names and locations of the counties?

What will people with the screaming munchies do now? Let them eat corn.

Never underestimate man's inhumanity to their fellow man.

oh please, there are a lot of charities out there who give food out, will help with some bills, will provide clothes, etc etc...

stop with the dramatics..

oh please, there are a lot of charities out there who give food out, will help with some bills, will provide clothes, etc etc...

I can't help it. The internetz makes me do it.:(

The U.K. just did the same thing not to long ago.
Guess what happened?
Their unemployment number went down.
When they didn't get the government goodies they went out and got jobs.

Now we know what happened in the Land of Milk and Cookies.
But in this world, an entirely different story:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Unemployment: Long-term jobless total hits 17-year high as thousands face 'life without hope'

Thousands of Britons face a “life without hope” after figures showed the number of long-term unemployed had hit a 17-year high.

Around 915,000 people have been looking for work for at least 12 months - the highest figure since 1996.

Of those, just over half - 474,000 - have spent a soul-destroying two years or more searching for a job.

----------------------

I say keep food stamps but focus on getting more of these people back to work....

Do you agree?

As the U.S. economy recovers from the worst recession since the Great Depression, the explosive growth of food stamps remains a lingering legacy. And now the program comes with an irony, as the Republicans seeking to cut it also represent vast numbers of recipients.

Among the 254 counties where food stamp recipients doubled between 2007 and 2011, Republican Mitt Romney won 213 of them in last year’s presidential election, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg.

<snip>

Hey genius. That's called standing by one's principles.

Guess what happened?

Unemployment: Long-term jobless total hits 17-year high as thousands face 'life without hope'

Thousands of Britons face a “life without hope” after figures showed the number of long-term unemployed had hit a 17-year high.

Around 915,000 people have been looking for work for at least 12 months - the highest figure since 1996.

Of those, just over half - 474,000 - have spent a soul-destroying two years or more searching for a job.

----------------------

Actually, the unemployment rate in the UK peaked in 2011 at 8.3%, so your claim is wrong, the current rate not the highest unemployment rate since 1996. It's now 7.7%, 0.1% above our unemployment rate, but all you Obama fluffers have been saying what a great success the Obama economy is.

The truth is, republicans are the most informed voters, a fact which is supported by the enormous radio/tv ratings.
Actually, they are the most MISinformed voters due entirely to their media choices. Being filled with misinformation does not make you "informed" except in Bazaaro Land!!!

Yes, BSMSNBC, CNN, Young Turks, CBS, NBC, NYT, etc. gives you lefties the real news, huh?
What is "Bazaaro Land" is that they won't report what the administration doesn't want you to hear. go figure.......

How many times has Fox News shamed them and forced them to report the news that paints the administration in bad light?
Nowhere near as many times as the FOX Rumor Mill has shamed themselves!

Actually, they are the most MISinformed voters due entirely to their media choices. Being filled with misinformation does not make you "informed" except in Bazaaro Land!!!

Yes, BSMSNBC, CNN, Young Turks, CBS, NBC, NYT, etc. gives you lefties the real news, huh?
What is "Bazaaro Land" is that they won't report what the administration doesn't want you to hear. go figure.......

How many times has Fox News shamed them and forced them to report the news that paints the administration in bad light?
Nowhere near as many times as the FOX Rumor Mill has shamed themselves!

BS, ed. Go watch sharpton, he gives you the real news. :lol:

When is the last time you donated more than just a can of cranberries or Manwich sauce?

How many times do I have to post how much charities get from Government before dunderheads get the message? It's been, what, 10 or 11 times, and still they say the same old bullshit.

Even when Bush dramatically expanded government support with his "faith based" help. What do these FT think he was talking about??????

I mean, come on. How hard is it to learn even the tiniest things?????????????

How many times do I have to post how much charities get from Government before dunderheads get the message? It's been, what, 10 or 11 times, and still they say the same old bullshit.

Even when Bush dramatically expanded government support with his "faith based" help. What do these FT think he was talking about??????

You're right about the government giving far more, but I also feel that our economy would completely collapse if we didn't expect abled bodied adults to work. Don't you agree?

Guess what happened?

----------------------

Actually, the unemployment rate in the UK peaked in 2011 at 8.3%, so your claim is wrong, the current rate not the highest unemployment rate since 1996. It's now 7.7%, 0.1% above our unemployment rate, but all you Obama fluffers have been saying what a great success the Obama economy is.

It's not my claim. It come from a British Paper. And even in this country people give up looking for work and that brings the unemployment rate down even when the number of unemployed is higher.

Even right wingers have explained that a dozen times. There is no excuse.

You're right about the government giving far more, but I also feel that our economy would completely collapse if we didn't expect abled bodied adults to work. Don't you agree?

Yea, if the jobs hadn't been sent to China. They just don't exist. Unless you have certain skills.

Skills like, get this, building and programming robots.

I already linked to stories about a million robots being built in China to replace workers making $172 a month. Look it up on Google. Interesting reading.
And while you are at it, check out how fast food workers are losing their jobs to robots.

See? No jobs. People may be willing to work, but where?

Forum List

Back