Irrefutable legal arguments supporting the right of secession

The civil war was the evil south throwing a treasonous hissy fit over the erosion of their capacity to maintain the institution of slavery.

The civil war was stupid and horrible. It was not necessary and any sane American would have preferred that it never happened. Unfortunately it did happen and fortunately we had a fantastic leader to bring us through it and fortunately it helped us end that horrible period of American history where we so blatantly disregarded the God given rights of man.

Virtually everything you post is pure horseshit.

When the south went to war they gave cause and that cause was overwhelmingly slavery.

I know facts are not your thing but it is time to drop the illusion bud. It can't be good for your mental health to live in this constant state of confusion.

Lincoln's cause for violating the territorial waters of South Carolina and invading Virginia was to impose crushing tariffs on the Confederate states. He didn't give a damn about the slaves.

I was just referencing the causes of the war as established by the south and put into writing by the south. I understand these facts go against your delusion so you want to ignore them and distract the topic away from them but your attempts are becoming comically transparent.

The war was not some legal act but an illegal rebellion which Lincoln tried to avoid desperately and was even willing to back off on his abolitionist beliefs in order to ensure the continuation of the Union. The South chose war and slavery over Country and God. They lost.

You referenced one of the causes of secession, not of the war. Lincoln was the cause of the war because war is what he wanted and war is what he got.

If secession was illegal, then name the law it violated. On the other hand, Lincoln's invasion of Virginia was an act of treason as clearly enunciated in the Constitution.

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason."

Note: it says "against them." That's plural. Which means levying war against any state is treason.

Lincoln was a traitor.

The South didn't subject themselves to the rule of law, they just opened fire. Another fact that you just ignore because it doesn't fit the world view you invented in your head.

Lincoln was the President of the Union, which still legally included the south. He didn't invade anyone.

Nope. Lincoln did all the provoking.

ROFLMAO!

You are such a joke. Tell us more about your version of history.

I don't have a "version" of history. What I post is the historical record.

You just claimed Lincoln did all of the provoking. The South seceded and took a fort.

You are a comically confused simpleton. I don't really care this much about your delusion. I am more fascinated by it than anything else. It is borderline psychotic.

You've obviously got nothing left but ad hominems. Of course, you have yet to post anything that is more than saying "i'm right and you're wrong."

This post is an example of how you selectively view reality. Yes I did insult you, how could I not. I also pointed out two facts you were ignoring. You just ignored them again.

Congrats on being crazy.

You haven't posted a fact since you became a member of this forum.

Secession wasn't the cause of the war. Lincoln was.

When the south went to war they gave cause and that cause was overwhelmingly slavery.

I know facts are not your thing but it is time to drop the illusion bud. It can't be good for your mental health to live in this constant state of confusion.

Lincoln's cause for violating the territorial waters of South Carolina and invading Virginia was to impose crushing tariffs on the Confederate states. He didn't give a damn about the slaves.

I was just referencing the causes of the war as established by the south and put into writing by the south. I understand these facts go against your delusion so you want to ignore them and distract the topic away from them but your attempts are becoming comically transparent.

The war was not some legal act but an illegal rebellion which Lincoln tried to avoid desperately and was even willing to back off on his abolitionist beliefs in order to ensure the continuation of the Union. The South chose war and slavery over Country and God. They lost.

OK , FUCKTARD IDENTIFY THE HISTORICAL FACTS - WITH LINKS - WHICH SHOW THAT LINCOLN WAS AN ABOLITIONIST.

Use google. Look at what the south put into writing about their causes for rebellion.

Also look at Lincoln's debates.

OK , THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THAT YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT LINCOLN WAS AN ABOLITIONIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be hard to do since Lincoln supported that would have enshrined slavery into the Constitution.

Yeah, that's what an abolitionist would do!

Frank, it's funny to watch these guys because they are so obviously in denial.

Virtually everything you post is pure horseshit.

You referenced one of the causes of secession, not of the war. Lincoln was the cause of the war because war is what he wanted and war is what he got.

If secession was illegal, then name the law it violated. On the other hand, Lincoln's invasion of Virginia was an act of treason as clearly enunciated in the Constitution.

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason."

Note: it says "against them." That's plural. Which means levying war against any state is treason.

Lincoln was a traitor.

The South didn't subject themselves to the rule of law, they just opened fire. Another fact that you just ignore because it doesn't fit the world view you invented in your head.

Lincoln was the President of the Union, which still legally included the south. He didn't invade anyone.

Yeah, the rule of law says you can invade the territory of another nation. When they Germans invaded Poland, they were subjecting themselves to the rule of law, right?

ROFLMAO!

You are such a joke. Tell us more about your version of history.

I don't have a "version" of history. What I post is the historical record.

You just claimed Lincoln did all of the provoking. The South seceded and took a fort.

You are a comically confused simpleton. I don't really care this much about your delusion. I am more fascinated by it than anything else. It is borderline psychotic.

You've obviously got nothing left but ad hominems. Of course, you have yet to post anything that is more than saying "i'm right and you're wrong."

This post is an example of how you selectively view reality. Yes I did insult you, how could I not. I also pointed out two facts you were ignoring. You just ignored them again.

Congrats on being crazy.

You haven't posted a fact since you became a member of this forum.

Secession wasn't the cause of the war. Lincoln was.

So you are so delusional that you ignore secession as a cause of the war? That is a special kind of stupid. I suppose I can just repeatedly point out that you are wrong and seemingly crazy but I am not sure what the point would be. I can only point to the facts so many times before it becomes clear that you are beyond help.

OK , FUCKTARD IDENTIFY THE HISTORICAL FACTS - WITH LINKS - WHICH SHOW THAT LINCOLN WAS AN ABOLITIONIST.

Use google. Look at what the south put into writing about their causes for rebellion.

OK , THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THAT YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT LINCOLN WAS AN ABOLITIONIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be hard to do since Lincoln supported that would have enshrined slavery into the Constitution.

THE MOTHERFUCKERS WILL NOT ADMIT THAT APE LINCOLN SLAUGHTERED 650,000 OVER TAXATION AND REAL STATE.

HE DID NOT WANT TO GO DOWN HISTORY LANE AS THE PRESIDENT WHO CAUSED 11 STATES TO LEAVE THE UNION.

Lincoln was a traitor.

Yeah, the rule of law says you can invade the territory of another nation. When they Germans invaded Poland, they were subjecting themselves to the rule of law, right?
It wasn't another nation. You are making up facts again. It was a rebellion. The rebels attacked the Union first. They started acting before Lincoln was even sworn in. They openly gave cause for their rebellion and didn't leave it up to the rule of law. They modeled their reasons off of the DOI, except they were defending their violation of the rights of people as opposed to protecting them.

Small but important difference.

BTW, I know you are ignorant about a lot of things but you do know that Hitler wasn't President of Poland and Poland didn't open fire on Germany and take one of their forts right?

THE MOTHERFUCKERS WILL NOT ADMIT THAT APE LINCOLN SLAUGHTERED 650,000 OVER TAXATION AND REAL STATE.

HE DID NOT WANT TO GO DOWN HISTORY LANE AS THE PRESIDENT WHO CAUSED 11 STATES TO LEAVE THE UNION.

BINGO!

BINGO!

I am glad you two idiots share the same delusion.

Back in reality Lincoln preserved the union, ended slavery, and fought against the states that had such a warped view of reality that they openly went to war against their fellow countrymen because people wouldn't return their slaves when they ran away.

Lincoln was a traitor.

It wasn't another nation. You are making up facts again. It was a rebellion. The rebels attacked the Union first. They started acting before Lincoln was even sworn in. They openly gave cause for their rebellion and didn't leave it up to the rule of law. They modeled their reasons off of the DOI, except they were defending their violation of the rights of people as opposed to protecting them.

I can sum up your post in two words: Nuh uhn!

All you do is repeat the same horseshit over and over and over like a mantra. If that's what it take to salve your guilty conscience.

I'll list my pat responses to your bullshit talking points.

#1. Secession wasn't a rebellion.
#2. It doesn't matter why they seceded. Lincoln didn't invade Virginia to free the slaves.
#3. Ending slavery wasn't sufficient cause for invading a state of the union. It was legal.
#4. Kicking trespassers out of your territory is not an act of war.

In the future just refer to one of these whenever you indulge the compulsion to regurgitate your list of talking points.

BINGO!

Back in reality Lincoln preserved the union, ended slavery, and fought against the states that had such a warped view of reality that they openly went to war against their fellow countrymen because people wouldn't return their slaves when they ran away.

Refer to #1, #2, #3 and #4.

BINGO!

OK BACK TO REALITY, LINCOLN DIDN'T WANT TO BE THE PRESIDENT WHO LOST 11 STATES, AS PROMISED IN 1828 , SC LEFT THE UNION BECAUSE OF THE NORTH INCREASED TARIFFS FROM 15 to 37%, SLAVERY AS AN INSTITUTION WAS ON ITS WAY OUT.

Lincoln was a traitor.

All you do is repeat the same horseshit over and over and over like a mantra. If that's what it take to salve your guilty conscience.

#2. It doesn't matter why they seceded. Lincoln didn't invade Virginia to free the slaves.
#3. Ending slavery wasn't sufficient cause for invading a state of the union. It was legal.

In the future just refer to one of these whenever you indulge the compulsion to regurgitate your list of talking points.
Of course it is a rebellion you retard it is why they were called rebels

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Lincoln was a traitor.

Oh, right. Because a bunch of ignorant carpetbagger Yankees used a term incorrectly we are all supposed to accept it as gospel.

That's what passes for logic among the Lincoln cult Illuminati

Mississippi sat down and put in writing the reasons it was rebelling and they start off with this as their first cause...

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery..."

I understand you two have been told a lie about the civil war but the southern states told us why they were rebelling. They clearly establish their right to rebel based on the DOI. They knew they were starting a war and to pretend otherwise is just kinda sad and pathetic.

BINGO!

OK BACK TO REALITY, LINCOLN DIDN'T WANT TO BE THE PRESIDENT WHO LOST 11 STATES, AS PROMISED IN 1828 , SC LEFT THE UNION BECAUSE OF THE NORTH INCREASED TARIFFS FROM 15 to 37%, SLAVERY AS AN INSTITUTION WAS ON ITS WAY OUT.

Actually your wrong. It was because Lincoln made it clear if made president he wouldn't allow the slave trade in the new territories.

Oh, right. Because a bunch of ignorant carpetbagger Yankees used a term incorrectly we are all supposed to accept it as gospel.

Dummy the confederates are the ones who started calling them rebels. My god don't any of you ever read?

BINGO!

Actually your wrong. It was because Lincoln made it clear if made president he wouldn't allow the slave trade in the new territories.

Bennett is also incensed by the fact that Lincoln never opposed Southern slavery but only its extension into the territories. Indeed, in his first inaugural address he pledged his everlasting support for Southern slavery by making it explicitly constitutional with the "Corwin Amendment," that had already passed the U.S. House and Senate.

Abraham Lincoln, in his first inaugural address, said of the Corwin Amendment:[1][17]

I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service....holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.

Lincoln was a traitor.

Secession was a rebellion as established by them attacking the Union, not attempting to establish their secession legally but through force, and their own words when they seceded which leave no room for doubt that their leaving was going to be done with or without the laws say because they didn't need the rule of law just like the founding fathers didn't.

Yes it matters why the South left. It was their actions more than anyone one else's that lead to war. Their secession, their military action, their claims on the property of the Union, their raising of arms to resist the law, their fears of abolitionism, their desire to maintain slavery, their disregard for the lives of Union soldiers, their disregard for the bonds they created.

I am glad you finally recognize that one cannot invade itself. Lincoln was President of the Union and can't invade a state of the union. He can move troops within the union to put down a rebellion though.

Claiming territory with military force has started plenty of wars. Making a DOI like document can start wars.

Thank you for organizing your delusions so well. It is clear they all stem from the fact that you just ignore reality when it doesn't suit you and then use poor logic to come to silly conclusions.

Here is some reading for you straight from your heroes.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

Dummy the confederates are the ones who started calling them rebels. My god don't any of you ever read?

Did they? Where's the evidence?

Forum List

Back