IRS Raids Montana Gun Store

Wouldn't the IRS have had to present a warrant to the gun store signed by a judge specifying the specific item(s) they were looking for, location and reason?

The IRS has no jurisdiction over 4473s. They DO have jurisdiction over the excise tax that must be paid if the gun shop is a licensed manufacturer. But that's it.

I think the IRS is testing their armed raid capabilities.
Obama bought every agent a gun and 1K rounds when he was president.

It's about time. I've been waiting 15 years now for Barry's "Fundamental Change." :th_waiting:

Too bad that change had to be COMMUNISM.

You see, the way the left works now is that Hollywood-coached democrats just throw a phrase like that out there without saying exactly what they actually mean while the leftist-controlled MSM then never actually ASKS them to EXPLAIN the comment, and everyone then just fills in the blanks with what they assume they meant imagining something THEY are unhappy about!

I think the IRS is testing their armed raid capabilities.

Obama bought every agent a gun and 1K rounds when he was president.

Other agencies, too.

When they say he "weaponized" the bureaus? That's exactly what he did.

Poisoned would be appropriate as well.
I hope we soon see a day when these bastards MUST BE heavily armed to do something like this. I'd throw a party if some enterprising soul surprised them with unreasonable force in return. That's apparently the only thing that will stop them now.

I hope we soon see a day when these bastards MUST BE heavily armed to do something like this. I'd throw a party if some enterprising soul surprised them with unreasonable force in return. That's apparently the only thing that will stop them now.
westwall's thinking what they did was totally illegal, and he's not stupid.

I get the feeling we need more information.

The IRS is probably just ramping up and testing their new powers with the coming new gun tax laws.

Wouldn't the IRS have had to present a warrant to the gun store signed by a judge specifying the specific item(s) they were looking for, location and reason?
The IRS doesn't need a warrant to shut down your business to do a records check.
All they have to do is show you their IDs and tell you that you're undergoing an audit.

As soon as Obama became president he pulled that shit on my Western Union business.
They closed my doors and spent all day copying my files, using my printer and my paper.
My guess it the only reason they didn't find something to nail me on is because my wife is black.
Both IRS agents were black.

Doesn't matter. NO government entity is allowed to take 4473s out of the possession of the gun store.

The gun store, when they stop doing business, can either store those records, or they may choose to surrender them to the ATF. ATF and other agencies may inspect the 4473s AT THE GUN STORE, but they may NOT remove them.
So there's an actual law to say they can inspected and not removed?

They would obviously have to have a warrant.
And they found a liberal judge willing to sign one.
That is all it takes, and why Democrats screamed so much about "Trump judges". They want to control the legal system. They want liberal judges so they can effectively break the law. Because at least tentatively - if a judge declares it isn't illegal - it isn't.

They would obviously have to have a warrant.
And they found a liberal judge willing to sign one.
That is all it takes, and why Democrats screamed so much about "Trump judges". They want to control the legal system. They want liberal judges so they can effectively break the law. Because at least tentatively - if a judge declares it isn't illegal - it isn't.
Why would any judge consent to the removal of those forms when they can be inspected on site?

Anyway, it sounds like a 'fishing expedition'.

Forum List

Back