IRS Raids Montana Gun Store

According to various news reports I've looked up so far, this shop has been under investigation for years by the IRS. Seems like they believe he is failing to report his full income.

There's no right to a weapon of war, just as there aren't rights to own a Howitzer, which also shoots projectiles.
FB_IMG_1637885031217.jpg

An AR-15 isn't a weapon of war. They are scary looking long rifles. You believe anything your party tells you. Lol

Van Hoose says for two years his Highwood Creek Outfitters gun shop has been the subject of surveillance by state and federal agencies including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, the State of Montana and now the Internal Revenue Service.

“The fact that they think we make so much money as a gun business that they had to come investigate all the thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars whatever it is we supposedly absconded with, anybody that knows the margins in the gun business knows they’re not that high,” said Van Hoose.

Great Falls gun shop re-opens after a visit from federal agents

Everyone can relax. The owners seems to have.

So you're privy to the warrant. Can you share it with us, please?
What makes you think they produced a warrant?

They used the IRS to get in the door....then they took all of the ATF 4473 forms during the search.
Forms they had no right to take.
That's what has been reported.

What they probably plan on doing is raiding everyone's home who filled out a form.

Here in TN they stopped filling out paper copies and said we have to fill everything out on a tablet.
Then I would suspect that it would expedite downloading into a zipdrive, or make it possible for the ATF to hack into computers in gun shops.
This is just the slow march to communism.

Van Hoose says for two years his Highwood Creek Outfitters gun shop has been the subject of surveillance by state and federal agencies including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, the State of Montana and now the Internal Revenue Service.

“The fact that they think we make so much money as a gun business that they had to come investigate all the thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars whatever it is we supposedly absconded with, anybody that knows the margins in the gun business knows they’re not that high,” said Van Hoose.

Great Falls gun shop re-opens after a visit from federal agents

Everyone can relax. The owners seems to have.
Yeah. Only the gun buyers have to worry now.

According to various news reports I've looked up so far, this shop has been under investigation for years by the IRS. Seems like they believe he is failing to report his full income.

Fine. Take his TAX RECORDS. The 4473's are not theirs to take.

I'm sure that's why they wanted to take all of his ATF forms.

Who says they wanted to take his ATF forms? The only place I see that being said is here on USMB. I haven't seen that in any of the news articles I've found so far.

Assuming for a moment it's true, it makes sense that they might want to cross reference them against the sales he reports to the IRS? For all we know, discrepancies in what was reported to ATF and the IRS are what first caused the suspicion in the first place.

The owner says that all the agents were courteous and professional. He doesn't seem to be alleging any wrongdoing on their part. Only you seem to be making that allegation.

Who says they wanted to take his ATF forms? The only place I see that being said is here on USMB. I haven't seen that in any of the news articles I've found so far.

Assuming for a moment it's true, it makes sense that they might want to cross reference them against the sales he reports to the IRS? For all we know, discrepancies in what was reported to ATF and the IRS are what first caused the suspicion in the first place.

The owner says that all the agents were courteous and professional. He doesn't seem to be alleging any wrongdoing on their part. Only you seem to be making that allegation.
Courteous, professional, and for some strange reason heavily armed.

Well..... taking into consideration that I posted the fact that they only took the ATF forms in the OP, I can't see how you missed it.
I also posted an article that covers it more in depth later in this thread. Post #9

Here's another article I just looked up.

Last edited:
Knudsen added, “There’s a clear and disturbing pattern developing of the Biden administration sending federal agents to harass American gun owners, shops, and manufacturers.”

He also noted that this harassment is happening while Biden is pushing to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), thereby opening up gun makers to lawsuits over the illegal use of firearms.

Knudsen said, “Biden wants to repeal PLCAA so they can shut down gun companies and coerce states to implement ‘red flag’ laws so firearms can be seized without due process. Now, they’re sending federal agents door-to-door in my state to intimidate people. There’s no question about it, this is the most anti-gun administration in the nation’s history.”

Wouldn't the IRS have had to present a warrant to the gun store signed by a judge specifying the specific item(s) they were looking for, location and reason?
I just read that they presented a warrant saying they were looking for financial documents, but instead all they took was the ATF forms.

Forum List

Back