IRS says there is no rule against releases tax returns during an audit

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
New York Times (9-21-2016):

Mr. Trump has offered nothing but fallacious excuses for keeping his returns secret. Initially, he said he would not release returns until the Internal Revenue Service completed an ongoing audit; the agency said there’s no rule stopping disclosure during an audit. Recently, one of his sons said the returns are so long and complex that people would ask too many questions if they were allowed to see them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/opinion/mr-trumps-stupid-excuses-on-taxes.html

trump did not say that there is a rule against releasing tax data during an audit-----he said is lawyer advised against it.

False.

He said he could not, because he was being audited. That comment had no mention of lawyers or advice.

Mr. Trump has offered nothing but fallacious excuses for keeping his returns secret. Initially, he said he would not release returns until the Internal Revenue Service completed an ongoing audit; the agency said there’s no rule stopping disclosure during an audit. Recently, one of his sons said the returns are so long and complex that people would ask too many questions if they were allowed to see them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/opinion/mr-trumps-stupid-excuses-on-taxes.html
He hasn't released his tax report nor a full medical report. Why don't people understand that he is deceptive and scummy?

He hasn't released his tax report nor a full medical report. Why don't people understand that he is deceptive and scummy?
He's being audited, and he released his health records.....

Didn't you see hitlery fall down when he did This? :lol:

Left Think:

Trump is a lying MFer for not releasing his tax returns.

Hillary is sweet and wonderful.

Obviously because they are tools.

They have conceptualized Trump as a savior, regardless of all logic and reason. A cult of personality suffers from the same naivety and brainwashing as mainstream religious doctrine.

I love how the fringe Left keeps harping on this. I hope Trump never releases it and by not doing so dispels yet another popular myth of politics.

trump did not say that there is a rule against releasing tax data during an audit-----he said is lawyer advised against it.

False.

He said he could not, because he was being audited. That comment had no mention of lawyers or advice.
The times I've heard him talk about it, he did say it was his lawyers advice.
That being said, I believe it's probably politically wise for him to no release his tax returns before the election. His taxes are probably much more complicated than the average joe, and if thousands of Hillary supporters search them for something to politicize I'm sure they will find it.

Forum List

Back