IRS to pay $70M in employee bonuses

'IRS is under a legal obligation to comply with its collective bargaining agreement, which specifies the terms by which awards are paid to bargaining-unit employees."

federal employees should not be in unions. it is a clear conflict of interest.

How so?

the union contributes to congressional campaigns, the congress allocates funds to pay the union members. The congress negotiates the union contracts. "you contribute to my campaign and I wll make sure that your union contract gives you bonuses and lots of good benefits"

Get it? its called tit for tat. or you kiss my ass and I will kiss yours.

You see the way government conducts itself nowadays? Unions only serve to hamper the efficiency of government. Just look at it on the city level! Stockton, CA and Detroit, MI for example.

What does that have to do with a federal workers right to collective bargaining?

aready been answered:

the union contributes to congressional campaigns, the congress allocates funds to pay the union members. The congress negotiates the union contracts. "you contribute to my campaign and I wll make sure that your union contract gives you bonuses and lots of good benefits"

Get it? its called tit for tat. or you kiss my ass and I will kiss yours

You see the way government conducts itself nowadays? Unions only serve to hamper the efficiency of government. Just look at it on the city level! Stockton, CA and Detroit, MI for example.

What does that have to do with a federal workers right to collective bargaining?

The fact it impedes the government's ability to work. Bogging it down with negotiations and demands, too busy worrying about fair salaries instead of doing good work...

I'm sorry you don't like it, but Federal workers should not unionize.

federal employees should not be in unions. it is a clear conflict of interest.

How so?

So your issue then is with the unions ability to contribute to politcal campaigns not the workers rights to form unions

By that logic, all corporate contributions to political campaigns are also a conflict of interest. Lets stop those too

The fact it impedes the government's ability to work. Bogging it down with negotiations and demands, too busy worrying about fair salaries instead of doing good work...

if congress passed a law that federal unions could not contribute to congressional campaigns, the unions would disappear in a very short time. government unions are nothing but legalized bribery.

So your issue then is with the unions ability to contribute to politcal campaigns not the workers rights to form unions

By that logic, all corporate contributions to political campaigns are also a conflict of interest. Lets stop those too

Which, by the way, is much more dangerous.

Funny these folks were all pissed about the Monsanto legislation but don't seem to have a clue as to how that was pushed.

:doubt:

I agree, no unions or corporations should be allowed to contribute to political campaigns. Now, find me one democrat or republican that would agree with that. Rand Paul might, but he would be the only one.

Federal Workers are barred by law from striking. Reagan demonstrated that fact. So Federal Workers collectively bargaining does not affect the governments ability to work.

Funny these folks were all pissed about the Monsanto legislation but don't seem to have a clue as to how that was pushed.

you are correct, GE should not have been allowed to help fund Obama's campaigns.

Federal Workers are barred by law from striking. Reagan demonstrated that fact. So Federal Workers collectively bargaining does not affect the governments ability to work.

Uhhh, did the teachers strike in wisconsin? did the transport workers stike in NYC?

you are correct, GE should not have been allowed to help fund Obama's campaigns.

Yep.

And the Koch Brothers shouldn't be funding Bush/Romney.

I'd love to see corporate money out of politics.

Yep.

We agree, corporations and unions should not fund political campaigns. Now, same question for you. Who in congress will draft a bill to make that happen?

Uhhh, did the teachers strike in wisconsin? did the transport workers stike in NYC?

Are they Federal Workers?

Those aren't federal.

Yep.

We agree, corporations and unions should not fund political campaigns. Now, same question for you. Who in congress will draft a bill to make that happen?

McCain/Feingold tried.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back