Is An Assault Rifle Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I can. How about any other semiautomatic rifle, or a handgun, or a shotgun.

Firearms the the single best tool for self defense
My point, actually. I haven't heard anyone say ban all guns here. Everyone is acting as if they'll have to go back to sticks and stone arrows to protect themselves if AR-s and other rifles that shoot obscenely fast are off the market.

Old lady.........they want to ban the AR-15 because it fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger....that is how all semi automatic rifles and also pistols work. If they can ban the AR-15...they can logically ban all the rest of those rifles...since they are the exact same thing. Every car has an engine...every semi automatic rifle and pistol has the same engine....you can look at it like that...cars have different body styles but if you say we want to ban Toyota Camry's because their engine makes them dangerous...you are essentially saying all the other cars would need to be banned too...since they all have the same engine.....

This isn't about the AR-15...this is about creating the argument to ban all semi auto rifles and pistols.......that is why we are fighting to keep the AR-15....and why the anti gunners want it so bad.....

You do realize the AR-15 is less deadly than knives..right?
According to Quora, an AR-15 can theoretically fire 180 bullets per minute. That's why anti-gunners want it so bad.

Theoretically?

The rate of fire of any semiautomatic rifle is limited by how fast a person can pull the trigger. I can fire my semiautomatic .223 ranch rifle just as fast as I can an AR 15 or any other semiautomatic rifle

3 time per second doesn't seem out of the realm for a very short time but then you have to add in magazine changes etc and you will have ZERO accuracy firing like that
This? Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, Semi-Automatic, 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington, 18.5" Barrel, 5+1 Rounds - 637956, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide
What does capacity 5+1 mean? Accepts 5 round mags, but what is the +1?
I think that might slow down your theoretical shooting, putting in a new mag every 5 bullets?

One in the chamber.

Sure I can. How about any other semiautomatic rifle, or a handgun, or a shotgun.

My point, actually. I haven't heard anyone say ban all guns here. Everyone is acting as if they'll have to go back to sticks and stone arrows to protect themselves if AR-s and other rifles that shoot obscenely fast are off the market.

Old lady.........they want to ban the AR-15 because it fires one bullet for each pull of the trigger....that is how all semi automatic rifles and also pistols work. If they can ban the AR-15...they can logically ban all the rest of those rifles...since they are the exact same thing. Every car has an engine...every semi automatic rifle and pistol has the same engine....you can look at it like that...cars have different body styles but if you say we want to ban Toyota Camry's because their engine makes them dangerous...you are essentially saying all the other cars would need to be banned too...since they all have the same engine.....

This isn't about the AR-15...this is about creating the argument to ban all semi auto rifles and pistols.......that is why we are fighting to keep the AR-15....and why the anti gunners want it so bad.....

According to Quora, an AR-15 can theoretically fire 180 bullets per minute. That's why anti-gunners want it so bad.

Theoretically?

The rate of fire of any semiautomatic rifle is limited by how fast a person can pull the trigger. I can fire my semiautomatic .223 ranch rifle just as fast as I can an AR 15 or any other semiautomatic rifle

3 time per second doesn't seem out of the realm for a very short time but then you have to add in magazine changes etc and you will have ZERO accuracy firing like that
This? Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, Semi-Automatic, 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington, 18.5" Barrel, 5+1 Rounds - 637956, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide
I think that might slow down your theoretical shooting, putting in a new mag every 5 bullets?

the +1 refers to a round in the firing chamber.

All Semiautomatics can be designated as magazine capacity +1.

And IMO magazine size is irrelevant.

Theoretically?

One in the chamber
That would be a pretty cool little gun with a 30rd magazine

Theoretically?

It doesn't slow down your trigger finger, but doesn't stopping to load a new magazine every five bullets slow down the number you can shoot in a minute? Is that what you mean by "irrelevant?"

Theoretically?

It doesn't slow down your trigger finger, but doesn't stopping to load a new magazine every five bullets slow down the number you can shoot in a minute? Is that what you mean by "irrelevant?"

It only takes a couple of seconds to change magazines.

That might be true - but what about if you're confronted by a menacing crowd of people >> a gang of violent thugs, MS-13, mafia, organized crime, a mean motorcycle gang, a lynch mob who mistakes you for someone else, or maybe just a bunch of drunk, dopey, street punks.

These all sound unlikely ? Until one of these situations occurs, and then it's too late to think abot the odds of it. A machine gun may be improper as Nikolas Cruz used it, but there are some scenarios in which it would be jsut the right thing to have. In some rural areas, where wolces travel around in.

Jesus, I am really scared. Funny thing is, I am over 70, and have several guns. I hunt, and have since I was a kid. And I have yet to have to pull a gun on anyone. Ever.
If you think an AR is going to keep you alive when a group of whomever comes to get you, then you are nuts. Better to get inside, call the cops. Then, you may want to wonder what you did to piss that group off. I would suggest if you reflect on it, you would see you are a dipshit. Cause gangs do not attack those who have not irritated them for no reason. And you do yourself, and your family, little good in getting yourself killed by a gang you just pissed off. You simply proved yourself stupid.

But...but...but... That's not how it is in the movies, or in my fantasys here I pretend I'm Dirty Harry

We saw people with AR-15s stopping violent looters from burning their stores in the Los Angeles riots and the Black Lives Matter riots..the only stores that weren't looted and burned were stores protected by people with AR-15 rifles.....so you don't know what you are talking about......

And on the border, where ranchers are isolated and can't simply call the police and have them there in 5 minutes...they have to deal with drug gangs moving drugs and illegals across their property...and the drug cartels actually have military weapons......they don't have AR-15s they have M4 carbines...provided to them by the Mexican police and military...

Yes, I'm sure an assault weapon would be very effective in those situations. Do you think that is the only gun that would have worked?

There are lots of rifles that would work.....and they all work the same as the AR-15, they just don't look the same as the AR-15...the same way a Camry and a Jeep have the same engine dynamics........so if you get the AR-15 you will be able to make a claim on all the other rifles too...since they all work the same........

Sure, but the Camry and Jeep aren't essentially the same, and the parts aren't interchangeable. An AR and an M16 are, and the parts are ALL interchangeable, other than the slight modification to disable select fire.. Do any other guns have 100% interchangeability with the M16 military assault weapon?[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------- NOPE , and thats why the AR15 is needed plus it uses the same military caliber ammunition at this time Bulldog .

Are assault vehicles necessary? Every state lets you drive a car that will do twice the legal limit??

Theoretically?

I realize that. It could have saved a few lives on Valentine's Day.

Theoretically?

I realize that. It could have saved a few lives on Valentine's Day.

Not really.
With no one to take advantage of those few seconds it wouldnt have mattered.
Even if there were,only the dumbest among us know to take cover during a magazine change if you are experiencing return fire.

Now there a loud call to ban assault rifles. Like the AR15 that Nikolas Cruz used to kill 17 people in Parkland, FL. The banners are saying they're unecessary.One person said "You don't need 600 rounds to stop 1 intruder."

That might be true - but what about if you're confronted by a menacing crowd of people >> a gang of violent thugs, MS-13, mafia, organized crime, a mean motorcycle gang, a lynch mob who mistakes you for someone else, or maybe just a bunch of drunk, dopey, street punks.

These all sound unlikely ? Until one of these situations occurs, and then it's too late to think abot the odds of it. A machine gun may be improper as Nikolas Cruz used it, but there are some scenarios in which it would be jsut the right thing to have. In some rural areas, where wolces travel around in

you're going to shoot into a crowd with 600 rounds because they're "menacing"?

pure reason for you to never have a gun.

Now there a loud call to ban assault rifles. Like the AR15 that Nikolas Cruz used to kill 17 people in Parkland, FL. The banners are saying they're unecessary.One person said "You don't need 600 rounds to stop 1 intruder."

These all sound unlikely ? Until one of these situations occurs, and then it's too late to think abot the odds of it. A machine gun may be improper as Nikolas Cruz used it, but there are some scenarios in which it would be jsut the right thing to have. In some rural areas, where wolces travel around in

Wake up. You don't even know what an assault rifle is. They were banned around 1934. No one has one but a few federally licensed collectors. What you are going after is any rifle using a clip or ammo cartridge which simplifies reloading. Rifles are almost never even used in crime. Before you ask if an "assault rifle" is necessary, you need to ask yourself if your big home is necessary, if your powerful car is necessary, if that second home or boat is necessary, if that 60 inch TV is necessary, and if three good meals a day are necessary? Please don't use that tired "but boats and cars and TV's don't kill;" neither do guns. They don't pick themselves up and shoot anyone, people do. Don't try to float that bullshit that guns were designed for and are only good for killing. Don't try to punish a hundred million honest, decent, hard-working legal people, many of whom are vets, police officers and the like for the actions of a few people. What is at stake here is the freedom to choose to do what you want to do the way you want to do it. What you are offering is fascism, loss of freedom and a police state. Nothing could be more un-American.

:rolleyes:

i'm surprised you guys come out from under your beds long enough to post
I find you fuckin retards so humorous. You dont want to be able to protect yourself and your family, you need a corrupt failure of a govt to do it. Thats how ridiculously desperate you are. You are THAT MUCH of a coward. Yet people that want to defend themselves and their family are the scared ones?
You are a complete dipshit.
Go jerk off to cuck porn, faggot

Do more guns make us safer?
As a matter of fact they do since 1990 the number of firearms has gone UP and the amount of crime has gone DOWN

TinyPenisMagazine.jpg

Necessary for certain types of men...

These all sound unlikely ? Until one of these situations occurs, and then it's too late to think abot the odds of it. A machine gun may be improper as Nikolas Cruz used it, but there are some scenarios in which it would be jsut the right thing to have. In some rural areas, where wolces travel around in.

Jesus, I am really scared. Funny thing is, I am over 70, and have several guns. I hunt, and have since I was a kid. And I have yet to have to pull a gun on anyone. Ever.
If you think an AR is going to keep you alive when a group of whomever comes to get you, then you are nuts. Better to get inside, call the cops. Then, you may want to wonder what you did to piss that group off. I would suggest if you reflect on it, you would see you are a dipshit. Cause gangs do not attack those who have not irritated them for no reason. And you do yourself, and your family, little good in getting yourself killed by a gang you just pissed off. You simply proved yourself stupid.

But...but...but... That's not how it is in the movies, or in my fantasys here I pretend I'm Dirty Harry

We saw people with AR-15s stopping violent looters from burning their stores in the Los Angeles riots and the Black Lives Matter riots..the only stores that weren't looted and burned were stores protected by people with AR-15 rifles.....so you don't know what you are talking about......

And on the border, where ranchers are isolated and can't simply call the police and have them there in 5 minutes...they have to deal with drug gangs moving drugs and illegals across their property...and the drug cartels actually have military weapons......they don't have AR-15s they have M4 carbines...provided to them by the Mexican police and military...

Yes, I'm sure an assault weapon would be very effective in those situations. Do you think that is the only gun that would have worked?

There are lots of rifles that would work.....and they all work the same as the AR-15, they just don't look the same as the AR-15...the same way a Camry and a Jeep have the same engine dynamics........so if you get the AR-15 you will be able to make a claim on all the other rifles too...since they all work the same........

Sure, but the Camry and Jeep aren't essentially the same, and the parts aren't interchangeable. An AR and an M16 are, and the parts are ALL interchangeable, other than the slight modification to disable select fire.. Do any other guns have 100% interchangeability with the M16 military assault weapon?
--------------------------------------------- NOPE , and thats why the AR15 is needed plus it uses the same military caliber ammunition at this time Bulldog .[/QUOTE]

Actually any M16 produced after 1986 is illegal for any civilian to own and to get any parts legally one must have a federal permit. So it's not as easy as you think to convert an AR 15 to full auto with M16 parts

Theoretically?

Do you really think that making all magazines over 5 rounds in capacity illegal will stop someone from using a 30 round magazine to commit mass murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back