Is an eye for an eye a good standard of justice?

I believe in Karma the law of balance and cause and effect, Karma Law is definitely an eye for an eye so to speak... It never fails, so do not let your heart be troubled, justice is always done. :)

I believe in Karma the law of balance and cause and effect, Karma Law is definitely an eye for an eye so to speak... It never fails, so do not let your heart be troubled, justice is always done. :)

But that justice does nothing to those who helped create the perpetrator. Right?

So how can an eye for an eye possibly balance when there are others to share the guilt?

Is karma so short sighted?

Regards
DL

But that justice does nothing to those who helped create the perpetrator. Right?

So how can an eye for an eye possibly balance when there are others to share the guilt?

Regards
DL

Oh Lord ... you are squeezing my brain with this deep topic...let me have a coffee first LOL!:lol:

Regards
DL

Oh Lord ... you are squeezing my brain with this deep topic...let me have a coffee first LOL!:lol:

Just to add. When we are born, we default to cooperation which is good as opposed to compete which causes losers and would be evil.

This clip shows this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA]Magazine - Can Babies Tell Right From Wrong? - nytimes.com/video - YouTube[/ame]

That means that we, as a society, inadvertently teach our children to do evil.

That is why I think an eye for an eye is overkill.

Rears
DL

Granny says...

... considerin' the quality of some of our lib'ral, activist judges...

... it ain't a bad substitute.
:cool:

Granny says...

... considerin' the quality of some of our lib'ral, activist judges...

... it ain't a bad substitute.
:cool:

In post 24 I as Skye a question and give her a bit more information just above.

Please have a look and show why you like an eye for an eye in light of that information.

Please tell us what society should or should not take some blame for?

Regards
DL

Actually eye-for-an-eye would be a much better deterrent...

... than some of the modern overblown "rights of the accused"...

... which was it's original (God's) purpose.

Actually eye-for-an-eye would be a much better deterrent...

... than some of the modern overblown "rights of the accused"...

... which was it's original (God's) purpose.

So those who created that person's character are left off the hook. Do you not think they should bear some of the blame?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back