Is Anybody Here THIS Brave?

These people are literally living life on the edge. My stomach dropped by just watching this.

While it isn't a walk in the park, the hike to the top of half dome is done by people of all walks of life and all ages. It is a very popular hike. On most summer days, there is a line to climb the chains. It is safe and I would imagine, you would really like it. Plan on at least a couple of days as trying to accomplish it in one day is very strenuous.

Originally I was like what's the big deal as they all have parachutes and then I saw the fact that it was being done and nighttime and I definitely see how that's risky. How do they know when to pull their cords? 🤨

While it isn't a walk in the park, the hike to the top of half dome is done by people of all walks of life and all ages. It is a very popular hike. On most summer days, there is a line to climb the chains. It is safe and I would imagine, you would really like it. Plan on at least a couple of days as trying to accomplish it in one day is very strenuous.

I don't see any railings or safety net.

Half-dome, in Yosemite National Park, California.

Hiking Half-Dome requires a permit, due to the limited capacity of the path, and the large number of people who want to hike there. Permits are issued by a lottery system.

Oh, hell yeah.
As long as the weather is perfect like in the video.
I imagine they limit access if conditions aren't right.
I've never had an issue with heights as long as I am confident in the equipment.

To be clear though.
I wouldn't spend the night on a cliff face in a hanging tent.
Those people are just nuts.
There are no old rock climbers. :omg:

Like the golfer who keep losing his balls into the rough or into the water said when asked why he didn't use an old ball on those tough shots replied, "An old ball? I never had an old ball."

Forum List

Back