Is Atheism a Religion or a severe mental disorder?

Part of me says it is a religion, but part of me says it is a severe mental disorder along the lines of liberalism and the AGW cult.

How could any sane person go on and on talking and preaching about something that they consider don't exists?

I don't post constantly post about invisible flying pink elephants, why?

Because it rarely crosses my mind....

What sane person would constantly think about something that they think don't exsist?

I don't constantly think about people's belief in goblins, ghost, big foot, UFOs or all the rest, frankly I don't give a crap about them nor do I try to say they don't exsist because myself a truth seeker, a man of science I can not prove they don't exsist with out a doubt.

An interesting piece on Atheism is a religion...

"Religion certainly includes an idea of a God under whom man is inherently subservient, but religion also governs the belief system undergirding the way people think about, and live, their lives.

It tells them who their authority is and it informs their values and behavior. It gives them their sense of morality and goodwill, and it guides them in the way they treat themselves and others. Religion does nothing less than construct one’s view of the world.

Atheists are, in fact, some of the most religious people.

First, they have a functioning God under whom they are subservient (normally it’s science or rationality, but mainly themselves), and that idea of God informs the way they live and interpret their lives. It informs their biases and determines their values, and governs any sense of morality or ethics they adhere too, or ignore.

Once that’s all settled all that’s left is the preaching.

And they preach all the time.

This new breed of atheists is obsessed with the idea of God. They write books, deliver speeches, comment-bomb the evangelical blogosphere and generally rant on ad nauseam about the ills of believing in God.

Honestly – comically – some atheists must type the word “God” on the Internet five times more often than most Christians I know and they do it with the fury of a fire-and-brimstone zealot!

Maybe no one invokes the name of “God” more than they, and they are doing so in more and more virulent ways such as the shocking moment when Dr. Dawkins recently told Al-Jazeera television that he believed being raised Catholic was in itself even more psychologically damaging than being abused by a priest!

Instead of just ignoring God, or the idea of God, atheist preachers feel somehow compelled to rid the Earth of him; so they argue endlessly that theists can’t prove God exists without confessing that they can’t prove he doesn’t either."

You are a moron. That said I'll answer your stupid question.

The only thing WORTH posting about even Over and Over is...wait for it.... THE TRUTH!!!

Religion and all it's lies have a strangle hold on the thoughts and the politics of our nation. If there EVER was a reason to fight the good fight it's to free men's minds from living a make believe fairy tale existence and expecting EVERYONE else to follow suit.

Religion is a fraud. I will speak against fraud to my last breath.
Im going to uncover a book that is 3000 years old that says God talked to my ancestors and said all organized religions are a scam.

1. Proof it's a miracle from God is that the book is typed and typewriters weren't even invented 3000 years ago. Prayed be god.

2. Christians can't use carbon dating to prove my book isn't 3000 years old because they don't believe in that science.

Thank GAAWWWDDD!!!!! It's about TIME!!! :lol:

Part of me says it is a religion, but part of me says it is a severe mental disorder along the lines of liberalism and the AGW cult.

How could any sane person go on and on talking and preaching about something that they consider don't exists?

What sane person would constantly think about something that they think don't exsist?

I don't constantly think about people's belief in goblins, ghost, big foot, UFOs or all the rest, frankly I don't give a crap about them nor do I try to say they don't exsist because myself a truth seeker, a man of science I can not prove they don't exsist with out a doubt.

"Religion certainly includes an idea of a God under whom man is inherently subservient, but religion also governs the belief system undergirding the way people think about, and live, their lives.

It tells them who their authority is and it informs their values and behavior. It gives them their sense of morality and goodwill, and it guides them in the way they treat themselves and others. Religion does nothing less than construct one’s view of the world.

First, they have a functioning God under whom they are subservient (normally it’s science or rationality, but mainly themselves), and that idea of God informs the way they live and interpret their lives. It informs their biases and determines their values, and governs any sense of morality or ethics they adhere too, or ignore.

This new breed of atheists is obsessed with the idea of God. They write books, deliver speeches, comment-bomb the evangelical blogosphere and generally rant on ad nauseam about the ills of believing in God.

Honestly – comically – some atheists must type the word “God” on the Internet five times more often than most Christians I know and they do it with the fury of a fire-and-brimstone zealot!

Maybe no one invokes the name of “God” more than they, and they are doing so in more and more virulent ways such as the shocking moment when Dr. Dawkins recently told Al-Jazeera television that he believed being raised Catholic was in itself even more psychologically damaging than being abused by a priest!

Instead of just ignoring God, or the idea of God, atheist preachers feel somehow compelled to rid the Earth of him; so they argue endlessly that theists can’t prove God exists without confessing that they can’t prove he doesn’t either."

The only thing WORTH posting about even Over and Over is...wait for it.... THE TRUTH!!!

Religion and all it's lies have a strangle hold on the thoughts and the politics of our nation. If there EVER was a reason to fight the good fight it's to free men's minds from living a make believe fairy tale existence and expecting EVERYONE else to follow suit.

Im going to uncover a book that is 3000 years old that says God talked to my ancestors and said all organized religions are a scam.

1. Proof it's a miracle from God is that the book is typed and typewriters weren't even invented 3000 years ago. Prayed be god.

2. Christians can't use carbon dating to prove my book isn't 3000 years old because they don't believe in that science.
And yet atheists believe that the universe created itself. Do they also believe that they can lift themselves by their own bootstraps?

And yet atheists believe that the universe created itself. Do they also believe that they can lift themselves by their own bootstraps?

There is no "atheists guide book". Every atheist has reached their belief on the non existence of a sky fairy on their own by simply observing the evidence and lack there of, of a god. We do not follow anyone. We do not need anyone cosigning what we believe to be the truth.

No one, not even the best minds that nature has evolved in human beings knows exactly how the singularity overloaded and became unbalanced enough to spring forth what we now see all around us as the universe.

Nobody knows for a fact what there was before the big bang. The best minds are pretty sure that some sky fairy was not involved.

Try not to let the whole concept blow a gasket in your pea brain.

If you NEED to cling to your sky fairy then by all means go ahead on with your childlike mind and your ridiculous belief that when you die you will go to some perfect comfy La La Land you call heaven or that you are sure I will be going to some very uncomfortable place you believe as hell. When your brain stops getting a blood supply you will stop thinking altogether. That is a fact. You will not experience the nothing. You will not experience anything.

I believe water boils at sea level when it reaches 212 deg Fahrenheit. When it gets hot enough the molecules react by expanding into a gas. It doesn't take a god to make the water boil.

The bootstrap comparison is beyond stupid.

I created a shit. Does that make me a God? Anyways, I can't take anyone who believes in organized religions seriously. Forget discussing science with people who believe God actually visited centuries ago. There's a certain level of crazy I don't bother with. You're boss on steroids

There is no "atheists guide book". Every atheist has reached their belief on the non existence of a sky fairy on their own by simply observing the evidence and lack there of, of a god. We do not follow anyone. We do not need anyone cosigning what we believe to be the truth.

No one, not even the best minds that nature has evolved in human beings knows exactly how the singularity overloaded and became unbalanced enough to spring forth what we now see all around us as the universe.

Nobody knows for a fact what there was before the big bang. The best minds are pretty sure that some sky fairy was not involved.

Try not to let the whole concept blow a gasket in your pea brain.

If you NEED to cling to your sky fairy then by all means go ahead on with your childlike mind and your ridiculous belief that when you die you will go to some perfect comfy La La Land you call heaven or that you are sure I will be going to some very uncomfortable place you believe as hell. When your brain stops getting a blood supply you will stop thinking altogether. That is a fact. You will not experience the nothing. You will not experience anything.
Remember what it was like 13.5 billion years before you were born? That's what it's like after you die

I created a shit. Does that make me a God? Anyways, I can't take anyone who believes in organized religions seriously. Forget discussing science with people who believe God actually visited centuries ago. There's a certain level of crazy I don't bother with. You're boss on steroids

Meh? I was completely satisfied with my own father. I have never felt the need to replace him or his memory with some other being.

I refuse to defer to the judgement of a few goat herders that existed a couple thousand years ago. They were completely uneducated. There were no books. There was zero scientific knowledge available to the average man back then. It doesn't particularly surprise me that these fearful and superstitious people narrowed their belief from many gods to just one. It makes little difference. It is a silly concept.

I believe water boils at sea level when it reaches 212 deg Fahrenheit. When it gets hot enough the molecules react by expanding into a gas. It doesn't take a god to make the water boil.

Forget trying to explain why the God hypothesis is nothing more than a hypothesis to someone who believes it visited their ancestors.

Forget trying to explain why the God hypothesis is nothing more than a hypothesis to someone who believes it visited their ancestors.

Forget trying to explain it to these dupes that it wasn't really THEIR ancestors...at least not mine. There were Irish BEFORE there was a god. :lol:

Meh? I was completely satisfied with my own father. I have never felt the need to replace him or his memory with some other being.

I refuse to defer to the judgement of a few goat herders that existed a couple thousand years ago. They were completely uneducated. There were no books. There was zero scientific knowledge available to the average man back then. It doesn't particularly surprise me that these fearful and superstitious people narrowed their belief from many gods to just one. It makes little difference. It is a silly concept.
Im sure there were plenty of people who doubted back then. That why they had to lie and say it visited. That to me is when the God hypothesis went wrong. You want to believe there's a creator or in heaven, hell, devil, angels that's fine but don't tell me a God visited you or sent his son. Im not a stupid primitive uneducated goat Herder.

In Islam they cut your head off if you question their fairytale. Christians aren't as defensive thank god, I mean...

Forget trying to explain it to these dupes that it wasn't really THEIR ancestors...at least not mine. There were Irish BEFORE there was a god. :lol:
11 entrepreneur Jews read a prophesy and decided to capitalize on a new cult. First thing they did was sell it to my dumb ancestors the Greeks. You should see how even today my yaya and aunt eat that God shit up because they too didn't know science in the 1900s

11 entrepreneur Jews read a prophesy and decided to capitalize on a new cult. First thing they did was sell it to my dumb ancestors the Greeks. You should see how even today my yaya and aunt eat that God shit up because they too didn't know science in the 1900s

I hear ya... My main gal pal is Greek. She is Devout! She really believes that crap. We never talk religion and we get along great. She knows I'm an atheist and deep down I think she has my ass covered with the Jesus thing because she believes with absolutely zero evidence that she's right and I am just flat wrong. So she prays for me. I just take it that in her own way she cares very much and accepts that I am who I am and she will do the believing for both of us. I never tell her that she is silly about it. She is happy believing so why would I want to take that away? It's weird though how sure she is. I'm sort of glad that when she dies she won't ever learn the truth. That's the beauty of the Christian religion scam. Nobody is ever the wiser.

But as a case in point, the use of Biblical passages to justify slavery as a national policy.
And that was abolished in this country
FYI many countries that practiced slavery weren't using the bible to justify it

But as a case in point, the use of Biblical passages to justify slavery as a national policy.
Another FYI. It wasn't Christians using the Bible to justify slavery. It was whatever passed for progressive liberals at the time. Liberals have always been pro slavery.

It was also conservative Christians who led the fight to end slavery. And they used the Bible to do it.

I hear ya... My main gal pal is Greek. She is Devout! She really believes that crap. We never talk religion and we get along great. She knows I'm an atheist and deep down I think she has my ass covered with the Jesus thing because she believes with absolutely zero evidence that she's right and I am just flat wrong. So she prays for me. I just take it that in her own way she cares very much and accepts that I am who I am and she will do the believing for both of us. I never tell her that she is silly about it. She is happy believing so why would I want to take that away? It's weird though how sure she is. I'm sort of glad that when she dies she won't ever learn the truth. That's the beauty of the Christian religion scam. Nobody is ever the wiser.
Think about all the different levels of believing. Some people won't even allow their minds to do enough thinking to understand they are in a cult. They think that kind of thinking is the devil talking.

Then there are the theists who deep down know we are right but operate from a "its better to be safe than sorry" position.

Cognitive dissonance.

Think about all the different levels of believing. Some people won't even allow their minds to do enough thinking to understand they are in a cult. They think that kind of thinking is the devil talking.

Then there are the theists who deep down know we are right but operate from a "its better to be safe than sorry" position.

Cognitive dissonance.
Not at all. You cannot discount the accuracy of Bible prophecy. Not a single one has been proven to be false. That is how we know the Bible is the word of God.

Another FYI. It wasn't Christians using the Bible to justify slavery. It was whatever passed for progressive liberals at the time. Liberals have always been pro slavery.

It was also conservative Christians who led the fight to end slavery. And they used the Bible to do it.
This post is an example of how they use religion to control and manipulate it. These bible thumpers vote against themselves financially because of God. The churches are just big business. Your church is a small struggling business losing customers and you'll blame liberals for everything

Cognitive dissonance.
Not at all. You cannot discount the accuracy of Bible prophecy. Not a single one has been proven to be false. That is how we know the Bible is the word of God.
History repeats itself.

You know who's convinced by those vague (virtually unknown) prophecies? You!

Not the Jews not the Muslims Mormons or atheists.

Wait, are the prophecies in the old or new testament? Because remember they call bs on your Jesus stories and they were there!

Cognitive dissonance.
History repeats itself.

Wait, are the prophecies in the old or new testament? Because remember they call bs on your Jesus stories and they were there!
I rated your last two replies as funny, only because they don't have the option for pathetically laughable. God is surely laughing at you.

Cognitive dissonance.
History repeats itself.

I rated your last two replies as funny, only because they don't have the option for pathetically laughable. God is surely laughing at you.
Who? What evidence do you have? STP talking about God as if he exists when you haven't established that yet. I have a book too. It's 3000 years old and it warns that the Jews have made up this story called religion and it's sweeping the globe. They made it up. There was no moses. And now other spin-off religions (cults) are popping up everywhere.

And you can't carbon date my book because you don't believe that science

Forum List

Back