Zone1 Is “culture” worth defending?

el midgetron

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2023
Last edited:
Liberal academia places a lot of emphasis on people’s “culture”. They say you shouldn’t be “colorblind” because it neglects an important part of a person’s “identity”.

I request that anyone who choses to contribute to this thread, to first please answer the following two questions.

(1) If culture is important to our identities, shouldn’t it be something that is also important to protect?

(2) If culture is important to protect, isn’t that the case for cultural separation? OR (2a) If not, how are you protecting your culture?

Research Help: Anti-racism Resources: What Does Racism Look Like? Colorblindness
Colorblindness: the New Racism?
Why saying “I don’t see race at all” just makes racism worse
without cultures we would all be robots that behaved exactly the same,,

Your culture.
lets not make it personal,,

you didnt have me in mind when you asked the question,,

your questions are impossible to answer unless we can know specifically what youre talking about,,

I wouldnt defend a culture that oppressed women and cut the heads off of people that didnt support their culture,,

but I would defend one that wanted to drink green beer,,

lets not make it personal,,

you didnt have me in mind when you asked the question,,

your questions are impossible to answer unless we can know specifically what youre talking about,,

I wouldnt defend a culture that oppressed women and cut the heads off of people that didnt support their culture,,

but I would defend one that wanted to drink green beer,,
Identity is personal. I am not making it that way.

It’s a universal question. The specific culture is subjective and unique to everyone who answers,

Your culture.

Post enlightenment western liberalism is certainly worth preserving.

It is under siege by leftists who wouldn't recognize a liberal principle if it smacked them alongside their tiny little woke fascist heads.
No, it needs to be reformed.

Liberal academia places a lot of emphasis on people’s “culture”. They say you shouldn’t be “colorblind” because it neglects an important part of a person’s “identity”.

If culture is important to our identities, shouldn’t it be something that is also important to protect?

Research Help: Anti-racism Resources: What Does Racism Look Like? Colorblindness
There are such things as subcultures and the racist subculture within white culture needs to end.

If culture is important to our identities, shouldn’t it be something that is also important to protect?

What is "culture"?

It's the first question, and I'd say it's "what people do".

You can't really protect it.

In one of Thomas Hardy's books, he lamented the changing world, that was a hundred years ago and more (he died in 1928).

If you do "protect it" you produce something different. You create an identity from the past identity that isn't the same as the culture that came before.

Culture, by its very nature, isn't something immutable.

Forum List

Back