🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

I don't care if gays want to marry. They will find out that there are consequences to marriage that might not be as lovely as gays think. Let them feel the pain.

I'm sorry your experiences with marriage were not ideal, but that doesn't mean everyones is. Marriage has been even more lovely than I thought it would be, thanks!

That being said, according to the stats only 1% of the 3% that are gay, actually want marriage. So when liberals talk about the one precenters, it actually applies to gay marriage.

You got a link to these "stats"?

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

For Republicans, it's having a black president.

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
The most important issue facing America today is her decadence. She is selfish, greedy, unrepentant, foolish, prideful, and ungodly. Gay marriage is just a symptom a much deeper rot.

actually we can do something about the debt, like paying down the principal rather than only paying interest.

as to climate change, the earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, it will be changing hundreds of millions of years from now. Man has never had anything to do with it, and never will.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE DUMBASS POST OF THE DAY CONTEST. THIS FOOL THINKS THAT 18 TRILLION IN DEBT IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE FAKE SCIENCE OF AGW IS.

LOL Redfish discovered the caps button.

I actually understand risk analysis- you understand nothing but fear mongery.

The sky is falling, the oceans are going to boil, we are doomed because soccer moms are driving evil SUVs.

you fuckin moron. you and your AGW cultists are the fear mongers.

Wow....you get really pissy when you lose an argument.

no, I get pissy with the stupidity of you moronic leftists who believe the shit that your masters pump into your empty heads.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Is assuring equal treatment under law for every American citizen not a priority? I know that to Conservatives this issue is a non starter. Conservative would be content if, at the least, homosexuals remained closeted and demur. At the most, some Conservatives would bring back sodomy laws and make homosexuality itself a criminal offense. Conservative concern for civil liberties is always low.

But without equal justice, none of us are free.

not a word of your post is true. Gays have every constitutional right that non-gay people have. Marriage is not a constitutional right.

But the thread asks if this is the most important issue facing our nation. are you saying you think it is?

You keep saying it is not a right and are continually proven wrong

Yet you repeat the lie

the word marriage appears no where in the constitution, declaration of independence, or the bill of rights.

"pursuit of happiness" is a generic term. "pursuit" is guaranteed, not happiness.

Marriage licenses are issued by the states, the states should decide who they may be issued to.
And the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow the American citizens residing within the states equal protection of (equal access to) the laws of the states, including marriage law same-sex couples are eligible to participate in.

You and others on the right keep trying – and failing – to reject this fact: that Americans, including gay Americans, are first and foremost citizens of the United States, residents of the states subordinate to that, where their civil rights are immune from attack by the states, as one does not forfeit his inalienable rights merely as a consequence of his state of residence.

that argument can also be made for polygamy, sibling marriage, parent child marriage and every other form of human grouping as marriage.

Is that where you on the left want our society to go?

BTW, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

BTW, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

Speaking as a retired Navy Chief...

So is "Intelligence Officer" and "Jumbo Shrimp".

But they both exist in reality.

>>>>

I get it, but intelligence officer is an officer in charge of intelligence, it has nothing to do with his intelligence. Shrimp is a kind of shell fish, the word shrimp does not denote size. jumbo shrimp is a large type of shrimp.

whereas, the words gay and marriage have opposite meanings.

But I get your joke.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE DUMBASS POST OF THE DAY CONTEST. THIS FOOL THINKS THAT 18 TRILLION IN DEBT IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE FAKE SCIENCE OF AGW IS.

LOL Redfish discovered the caps button.

I actually understand risk analysis- you understand nothing but fear mongery.

The sky is falling, the oceans are going to boil, we are doomed because soccer moms are driving evil SUVs.

you fuckin moron. you and your AGW cultists are the fear mongers.

Wow....you get really pissy when you lose an argument.

no, I get pissy with the stupidity of you moronic leftists who believe the shit that your masters pump into your empty heads.
And here Red Minnow is...back in a gay thread.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

It IS an important issue because it calls into question the way the first amendment is defined. Since there is no definition of marriage in the constitution it cannot be interpreted to be solely between a man and a woman. Constitutionally, marriage is all inclusive, it has no limitations and the SCOTUS justices who stupidly question the "age old" definition of marriage need to recuse themselves out of sheer stupidity. This Supreme Court is a joke, but that's par for the course when rightists hold the majority.

Most important. Only if you're gay and wanting to get married I suppose. :) So for the less than 1% of people that describes, gotta wonder why it ever even makes the news at all.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

It IS an important issue because it calls into question the way the first amendment is defined. Since there is no definition of marriage in the constitution it cannot be interpreted to be solely between a man and a woman. Constitutionally, marriage is all inclusive, it has no limitations and the SCOTUS justices who stupidly question the "age old" definition of marriage need to recuse themselves out of sheer stupidity. This Supreme Court is a joke, but that's par for the course when rightists hold the majority.

your post is a study in contradictions. you first admit that marriage is not addressed in any of our founding documents, and then like most leftists, try to create something that you admit does not exist.

marriage is not a constitutional right, it is a permit issued by each state, not the federal government. The constitution leaves such things to the states, therefore, the voters of each should decide.

In Denmark, and Star Trek lore (among Deltans from whence my nic comes,) people don't typically 'marry.' They live together as long as they're interested, then go their separate ways when not.

In Denmark, and Star Trek lore (among Deltans from whence my nic comes,) people don't typically 'marry.' They live together as long as they're interested, then go their separate ways when not.

right, no commitment, no responsibility, just do what feels good at the moment. do you really believe that creates a healthy society?

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

your post is a study in contradictions. you first admit that marriage is not addressed in any of our founding documents, and then like most leftists, try to create something that you admit does not exist.

marriage is not a constitutional right, it is a permit issued by each state, not the federal government. The constitution leaves such things to the states, therefore, the voters of each should decide.

It is an issue for the federal government to decide on. If a same sex couple is married in one state, and they need to relocate to another state that doesn't recognize their marriage it's not fair for them. This is too difficult for the simpleton right wing mind to comprehend, but it's a very distinct possibility and it gives the federal government due cause to rule on it.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

It is an issue for the federal government to decide on. If a same sex couple is married in one state, and they need to relocate to another state that doesn't recognize their marriage it's not fair for them. This is too difficult for the simpleton right wing mind to comprehend, but it's a very distinct possibility and it gives the federal government due cause to rule on it.

Oh, its not faaaaaaaaaair, it might hurt their feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings------well tough shit. Stay in a state that recognizes your gay hook up as a marriage.

My CC permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York, so I don't go to those states with my gun in my pocket. BFD.

you gays need to grow the fuck up and realize that you are less than 2% of the population and the rest of us don't have to cater to your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Oh, its not faaaaaaaaaair, it might hurt their feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings------well tough shit. Stay in a state that recognizes your gay hook up as a marriage.

My CC permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York, so I don't go to those states with my gun in my pocket. BFD.

you gays need to grow the fuck up and realize that you are less than 2% of the population and the rest of us don't have to cater to your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.
So much for the OP being the last gay thread post he makes.....once a liar always a liar, it would appear. He just can't quit the gay.

right, no commitment, no responsibility, just do what feels good at the moment. do you really believe that creates a healthy society?

Probably helps. US isn't in the top 20 of any metric worldwide. Denmark comes in 'happiest nation' year after year. They must be doing something right.

Redfish, you are one person, and the right thinking America does not give a shit if you throw a fit about this. It is going to happen.

Last edited:
My CC permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York, so I don't go to those states with my gun in my pocket.

Do any state allow CC permits from other states but restrict which ones they honor nor not based on the gender of the person that holds the permit?

>>>>

Forum List

Back