🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Is assuring equal treatment under law for every American citizen not a priority? I know that to Conservatives this issue is a non starter. Conservative would be content if, at the least, homosexuals remained closeted and demur. At the most, some Conservatives would bring back sodomy laws and make homosexuality itself a criminal offense. Conservative concern for civil liberties is always low.

But without equal justice, none of us are free.

not a word of your post is true. Gays have every constitutional right that non-gay people have. Marriage is not a constitutional right.

But the thread asks if this is the most important issue facing our nation. are you saying you think it is?

Yep- you sure are showing how you will not be posting about gay issues anymore.......

As usual you totally miss the point.

so let me see if I can put it in words you can understand

do you think gay marriage is the biggest issue facing the USA today? yes or no

Already answered before- absolutely no.

But then again- I haven't said- like you have- that you were done posting on the issue- and continued to post on the issue.

My concerns are global and species-wide. My concerns don't end at borders. I regard the planet as a whole unit, not broken up into countries, screw countries. Same with people, we're one people not lots of different peoples. Thus what I choose to care about and focus my energies on effects everyone or everything, not merely a tiny inconsequential fraction of the whole like the USA. If it comes down to saving the Asian continent of the USA, my only question is how many live on the entire Asian continent vs the US. If more in Asia, that's who I care more about.

Focusing on unproven AGW is a waste of your time and efforts.

Pretending that there is no evidence is just sticking your head in the sand.

There is evidence of pollution, yes

there is no evidence that pollution is causing climate change.

However, there is hard evidence that sun spots and ocean current changes cause temporary climate changes.

All of the so-called evidence of man made climate change has been debunked many times.

Face it, the prophet algore lied to you.

Face it- you are just sticking your head in the sand.

tell that to the people in the northeast who froze their asses off in record snow last winter.

you are the one with his head in the sand-----------or maybe its up your ass.

Not my problem that you don't understand science, or confuse a regional weather pattern for a global weather pattern.

To me it's one of the least important.

Of FAR greater import is climate change, then US-led wars of aggression, then planetary defense (asteroids and other impacters.)

climate change and the attack of the asteroids----------------Wow, what an idiot.

how about the radical islamic wars of agression? no problem?
how about 18 trillion in debt?

Debt's too much to ever pay off and will result in catastrophic collapse eventually. So why worry about it? :) Can't do anything about it. Can do things about other things though ensuring the world continues if not johnny come lately countries.

It's called triage, save who you can, don't waste time and resources on those you can't. US is beyond saving.

actually we can do something about the debt, like paying down the principal rather than only paying interest.

as to climate change, the earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, it will be changing hundreds of millions of years from now. Man has never had anything to do with it, and never will.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE DUMBASS POST OF THE DAY CONTEST. THIS FOOL THINKS THAT 18 TRILLION IN DEBT IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE FAKE SCIENCE OF AGW IS.

LOL Redfish discovered the caps button.

I actually understand risk analysis- you understand nothing but fear mongery.

climate change and the attack of the asteroids----------------Wow, what an idiot.

Debt's too much to ever pay off and will result in catastrophic collapse eventually. So why worry about it? :) Can't do anything about it. Can do things about other things though ensuring the world continues if not johnny come lately countries.

It's called triage, save who you can, don't waste time and resources on those you can't. US is beyond saving.

actually we can do something about the debt, like paying down the principal rather than only paying interest.

as to climate change, the earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, it will be changing hundreds of millions of years from now. Man has never had anything to do with it, and never will.

And there is no evidence that debt is harming us- while there is evidence that climate change very likely will.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE HAVE A WINNER IN THE DUMBASS POST OF THE DAY CONTEST. THIS FOOL THINKS THAT 18 TRILLION IN DEBT IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE FAKE SCIENCE OF AGW IS.

...or fish mongery....:lol:

To me it's one of the least important.

Of FAR greater import is climate change, then US-led wars of aggression, then planetary defense (asteroids and other impacters.)

I can't hear you. Please stop mumbling.

However, there is hard evidence that sun spots and ocean current changes cause temporary climate changes.

All of the so-called evidence of man made climate change has been debunked many times.

tell that to the people in the northeast who froze their asses off in record snow last winter.

Not my problem that you don't understand science, or confuse a regional weather pattern for a global weather pattern.

LOL, there is no global weather pattern that proves that the acts of humans are changing the climate of our planet.

Have you ever flown across the pacific, atlantic, or indian oceans? ever flown across the USA, Russia, Africa, South america? I have and what you see is miles and miles of open space where no human beings exist or have any activities.

The idea that humans using fossil fuels to power their cities and have better lives is destroying the planet is absurd and based on ignorance.

ROFLMNAO!

The earth's climate changes... Deal with it.

The sky is falling, the oceans are going to boil, we are doomed because soccer moms are driving evil SUVs.

you fuckin moron. you and your AGW cultists are the fear mongers.

THE READER SHOULD BE ADVISED:

The northern hemisphere is presently transitioning from 'Climate Change'' to 'Global Warming' season.
This while the southern hemisphere is transitioning from global warming to climate change season.

The sky is falling, the oceans are going to boil, we are doomed because soccer moms are driving evil SUVs.

you fuckin moron. you and your AGW cultists are the fear mongers.

Wow....you get really pissy when you lose an argument.

The idea that humans using fossil fuels to power their cities and have better lives is destroying the planet is absurd and based on ignorance.

The myth that human presence has no impact on the environment is based upon fear and wishful thinking.

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Is assuring equal treatment under law for every American citizen not a priority? I know that to Conservatives this issue is a non starter. Conservative would be content if, at the least, homosexuals remained closeted and demur. At the most, some Conservatives would bring back sodomy laws and make homosexuality itself a criminal offense. Conservative concern for civil liberties is always low.

not a word of your post is true. Gays have every constitutional right that non-gay people have. Marriage is not a constitutional right.

But the thread asks if this is the most important issue facing our nation. are you saying you think it is?

You keep saying it is not a right and are continually proven wrong

Yet you repeat the lie

the word marriage appears no where in the constitution, declaration of independence, or the bill of rights.

"pursuit of happiness" is a generic term. "pursuit" is guaranteed, not happiness.

Marriage licenses are issued by the states, the states should decide who they may be issued to.

The word "woman" does not appear in the Constitution

Does not mean they are not covered under it

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yet you repeat the lie

the word marriage appears no where in the constitution, declaration of independence, or the bill of rights.

"pursuit of happiness" is a generic term. "pursuit" is guaranteed, not happiness.

Marriage licenses are issued by the states, the states should decide who they may be issued to.

Don't give them any ideas.

Yet you repeat the lie

Don't give them any ideas.

The word "corporation" does not appear either

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

You know, it's a tad hard to believe you have made your last post when you make that statement in creating yet another thread on the subject.

this thread is about the priorities we are assigning to the issues facing us. It seems to me that gay marriage is being given much too high of a priority.

That is what this is about, not whether gay marriage is right or wrong. I will no longer post in any threads on the right or wrong of gay marriage.

Bull. You didn't ask what our top priority is, you asked if gay marriage was. You made it your topic at the very beginning and it continues to be just about the only topic you want to talk about, while you insist you don't want to talk about it. There are lots of other topics on this very board, and I don't seem to see you in any of them.

I don't care if gays want to marry. They will find out that there are consequences to marriage that might not be as lovely as gays think. Let them feel the pain.

That being said, according to the stats only 1% of the 3% that are gay, actually want marriage. So when liberals talk about the one precenters, it actually applies to gay marriage.

I don't care if gays want to marry. They will find out that there are consequences to marriage that might not be as lovely as gays think. Let them feel the pain.

That being said, according to the stats only 1% of the 3% that are gay, actually want marriage. So when liberals talk about the one precenters, it actually applies to gay marriage.

Actually 93% (i.e. 9 out of 10) members of the LGBT community state that they favor Same-sex Civil Marriage.

A Survey of LGBT Americans Pew Research Center s Social Demographic Trends Project

Now, I'm a heterosexual white male. At the age of 24 if you asked me if I was planning on getting married - the answer would have been "No". That could then be spun as my answer says that I don't want marriage. Not the case at all, I just didn't want marriage at that time. Four years later, after meeting the right woman, we go married and have been together for 28 years and counting. Because I didn't want marriage at age 24 doesn't mean that I don't support marriage.

>>>>

18 trillion in debt
the mid east burning

Yet you repeat the lie

And the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow the American citizens residing within the states equal protection of (equal access to) the laws of the states, including marriage law same-sex couples are eligible to participate in.

You and others on the right keep trying – and failing – to reject this fact: that Americans, including gay Americans, are first and foremost citizens of the United States, residents of the states subordinate to that, where their civil rights are immune from attack by the states, as one does not forfeit his inalienable rights merely as a consequence of his state of residence.

Can't disagree with you. But you forget that every issue is important and maybe you will not believe, but same-sex marriages issue is as important as for example issues about national debt! We should ban same-sex marriages and everything will be okay, because now, this is endless dispute...

Forum List

Back